There's a reckoning still to be reckoned
[html]

Hehe, pm'd you back! wc:516

“Yes, that had been a rough time for her,” he agreed. A rough time for everyone, truly, due in no small part to Ehno. Getting involved with Naniko, having pups with her despite all that she had done… he had certainly caused everyone involved plenty of heartache at the time. All the same, he knew that given the chance, he would not change his behavior. But there was no need to get into that now, so instead the Marino moved his thoughts to something else. Soran claimed that Cambria was as good as family to her, and as far as Ehno was concerned, that made Soran his family too. “Well, I think we are lucky to have you in our family,” he said with a smile. Their conversation on the porch this evening had led him to believe that she was a strong, kind woman who was fiercely protective of her own, not unlike Ehno himself.

Her words summoned a warm laugh from the male, who nodded in understanding. “Oh, yes. I have to agree, even I wouldn’t be so quick to take off on another grand adventure such as that. I have my family here, and their company offers more than any journey could give me.” Even when the war would come to an end, the Marino male would not be so quick to leave his home here. He’d been in these lands for years now, and it was likely that he would be here for years more. “But as you say, there’s always the possibility for it in the future,” he said with a wink. Life would take them all where it would.

Ehno listened quietly and attentively as Soran shared her own journeys with him as well. She too had been unaccustomed to shifting where she had come from, though while for Ehno it had stemmed from Monti Sabini’s strictly traditionalist views, it seemed that Soran’s pack had much darker reasoning behind it. A tragedy had befallen their pack, but it seemed that it was before Soran’s time. She remembered being fascinated the first time she’d seen canines walking upright, and Ehno had to admit that he’d felt much the same. The Marino looked down at his hands, stretching his fingers and closing them into fists a few times experimentally. “It really is an amazing thing we do, changing forms like this.”

The Aedile offered him another question, and he considered it for a moment. “I suppose I do, sometimes.” Adventure seeking had been such a big part of his life, going out to see the world when he was just a yearling. There had been so much for him to see, so much for him to do. Even now, there were times when he snuck away from the packlands for a little solo adventuring, but it was never anything as grand as his journey through Europe. “I probably miss the thrill of it the most. But I’ve traded that in for a calmer lifestyle, and I can’t say that I regret it.” Yes, when the lands weren’t shocked by war, at least.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread