These have not the hope to die.
[html]

src="http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll90/machidielecanus/header.jpg">

NAME: Cassiel Ecanus (Cass-ee-ell Ee-can-us)

BIRTHDATE: January 8th, 2007

SPECIES: Non-Luperci (aka common wolf)

E-MAIL: machidiel@live.com

SECONDARY CONTACT: MSN ^

CAME UPON 'SOULS: Hehe... I've actually been stalking you all for quite a

while. ^_^

It's been a long time since I've roleplayed so please pardon any errors I've made. Hehe. Also, if I've

done something wrong, or left something out, let me know and I'll fix it ASAP! Thank you and hello at the same

time! ^_^

- ic -

Silence.

It was pleasant and surprising, greeting the blonde-tinged wolf with a chill shiver that crept down her spine.

She shuddered, icy fingers of the infant dawn caressing her fragile bones, making her fur prickle as she stirred

from her sleep.

Letting out a lazy yawn, the faye gathered herself, using travel-weary muscles to pull herself to her paws.

Inhaling a whiff of the still, morning air to make sure she remained, indeed, alone, the blonde shifted her

weight, kneeling to her elbows in a very graceful, yet humorously playful stretch.

The night had been long, wracked by painful and confusing dreams… but it was all forgotten now. She brightened at

the promise of a new day. The scent markers of a pack still fresh in the chilly, dew-drenched morning

air.

I wonder if they shall be very friendly… She mused, focusing her oddly colored oculars on the trees beyond

the pack’s border. One gold orb and one brown worked in sync with each other, dancing sightlessly across her

surroundings.

Though she could not see, Cassiel’s remarkable eyes would give the illusion of sight to any approaching stranger.

Her other senses worked in ways unknown to most wolves in the attempt to make up for her lost vision.

Birth had awarded her the crippling life of the blind… but the she-wolf had never let it stop her. To the

contrary, she considered herself – almost – lucky to be what she was. She scents of the forest danced

rhythmically through her nostrils, telling her of every tree in the area. Her ears flicked rapidly in different

directions, focusing on sounds unheard by most – warning her of any approach. And best of all, her sense of

touch. The chilly air, the damp moss beneath her paws, the lingering hush of a rainfall she predicted to show

itself within a few days.

Cassiel was blind, but she was certainly capable of surviving by herself – as she proved on her seemingly-endless

quest for a home. Bitter memories made her tense as she rocked back into a sitting position, waiting for an

arrival. Anyone’s arrival.

She had lost her own home so long ago…

Desperately, the faye sought a place to rest her paws. A land with a border and prey and… friends. Above all

else, the company of another wolf. Another few wolves, if possible. She considered herself a very social

creature, even if it had been so long since she’d last made contact with a member of her own species.

I wonder if… But she never finished her thought. The slight whisper of a pawstep alerted her of someone’s

presence. It was far away, quite a few yards still, but Cassiel could hear it clear as the daylight that she knew

streamed around her. Silently she waited, trying her best to appear respectful, yet capable of defending herself

should the need arise.

Sightless though she was, the blonde had become quite adept at fighting off strangers in her short lifespan.

Unfortunately, there were those who would make a victim of her… and Cassiel was too strong, too proud for

that.

Puffing out her chest just the slightest, the she-wolf continued to wait patiently. The pawsteps seemed to take

their time, but eventually Cassiel became aware of their increase in volume – whoever it was was getting closer

to her and would be able to scent her, hopefully, at any moment…

[/html]

Messages In This Thread