These have not the hope to die.
[html]

src="http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll90/machidielecanus/header.jpg">

NAME: Cassiel Ecanus (Cass-ee-ell Ee-can-us)

BIRTHDATE: January 8th, 2007

SPECIES: Non-Luperci (aka common wolf)

E-MAIL: machidiel@live.com

SECONDARY CONTACT: MSN ^

CAME UPON 'SOULS: Hehe... I've actually been stalking you all for quite a

while. ^_^

It's been a long time since I've roleplayed so please pardon any errors I've made. Hehe. Also, if I've

done something wrong, or left something out, let me know and I'll fix it ASAP! Thank you and hello at the same

time! ^_^

- ic -

Silence.

It was pleasant and surprising, greeting the blonde-tinged wolf with a chill shiver that crept down her spine.

She shuddered, icy fingers of the infant dawn caressing her fragile bones, making her fur prickle as she stirred

from her sleep.

Letting out a lazy yawn, the faye gathered herself, using travel-weary muscles to pull herself to her paws.

Inhaling a whiff of the still, morning air to make sure she remained, indeed, alone, the blonde shifted her

weight, kneeling to her elbows in a very graceful, yet humorously playful stretch.

The night had been long, wracked by painful and confusing dreams… but it was all forgotten now. She brightened at

the promise of a new day. The scent markers of a pack still fresh in the chilly, dew-drenched morning

air.

I wonder if they shall be very friendly… She mused, focusing her oddly colored oculars on the trees beyond

the pack’s border. One gold orb and one brown worked in sync with each other, dancing sightlessly across her

surroundings.

Though she could not see, Cassiel’s remarkable eyes would give the illusion of sight to any approaching stranger.

Her other senses worked in ways unknown to most wolves in the attempt to make up for her lost vision.

Birth had awarded her the crippling life of the blind… but the she-wolf had never let it stop her. To the

contrary, she considered herself – almost – lucky to be what she was. She scents of the forest danced

rhythmically through her nostrils, telling her of every tree in the area. Her ears flicked rapidly in different

directions, focusing on sounds unheard by most – warning her of any approach. And best of all, her sense of

touch. The chilly air, the damp moss beneath her paws, the lingering hush of a rainfall she predicted to show

itself within a few days.

Cassiel was blind, but she was certainly capable of surviving by herself – as she proved on her seemingly-endless

quest for a home. Bitter memories made her tense as she rocked back into a sitting position, waiting for an

arrival. Anyone’s arrival.

She had lost her own home so long ago…

Desperately, the faye sought a place to rest her paws. A land with a border and prey and… friends. Above all

else, the company of another wolf. Another few wolves, if possible. She considered herself a very social

creature, even if it had been so long since she’d last made contact with a member of her own species.

I wonder if… But she never finished her thought. The slight whisper of a pawstep alerted her of someone’s

presence. It was far away, quite a few yards still, but Cassiel could hear it clear as the daylight that she knew

streamed around her. Silently she waited, trying her best to appear respectful, yet capable of defending herself

should the need arise.

Sightless though she was, the blonde had become quite adept at fighting off strangers in her short lifespan.

Unfortunately, there were those who would make a victim of her… and Cassiel was too strong, too proud for

that.

Puffing out her chest just the slightest, the she-wolf continued to wait patiently. The pawsteps seemed to take

their time, but eventually Cassiel became aware of their increase in volume – whoever it was was getting closer

to her and would be able to scent her, hopefully, at any moment…

[/html]
[html]

Yay, welcome! And ooo, stalking =o And. Naniko is shifted in this thread. I'm too tired to edit anything. o.o

The werewolf'd had a lot on her plate lately, but had been trying to make some time for the pleasantries of life. The leadership meeting in the human city had gone pretty well, considering the circumstances, and she'd managed to find some time to go to the library before continuing home to Twilight Vale. The books that she'd found were held in tired arms, feet shuffling wearily along the ground. Her limbs were strong from carrying the four pups around, but she'd never gone quite so far with such a heavy load. If only she'd brought her backpack with her to the meeting...

The Andromeda could smell the border up ahead, a strong mixture of her, Conri, and Lucifer's scents, and breathed a sigh of relief. Soon she'd get to set down her load and rest her arms. These books were fairly important ones, so she didn't want to risk leaving them in the grass anywhere, even if her arms were straining. They could get wet because of the dew.

Naniko reached awkwardly up toward her eyes, trying to rub them but not quite getting all the way there. She wasn't really noticing what was going on around her, already mentally relaxing now that she was nearing her pack's borderline She was so tired. The stranger went unnoticed until she was nearly upon her, cresting a small lump in the land. Dawn was coming and her green eyes could make out the other's form easily against the backdrop. Once she saw Cassiel
she felt a little foolish for not having been paying attention before, and tried to cover up the fact that the sight had startled her a little.

The white female was coming from the wrong direction, she knew, toward the packlands instead of going out of them. "Eh...hello there. You've reached Twilight Vale. I...suppose you have some business here?"

[/html]
[html]

- ooc -

Hehe, thank you! No problem about the shifting - Cassiel's never seen a shifter before, so it should be interesting. Smile

- ic -

The seconds seemed to tick by every so slowly… dripping with suspense and making Cassiel’s gut twist and turn as wave upon wave of axiety set upon her. A moment ago she had no problem appearing confident and calm but now… The pawsteps drew ever closer… And closer…

And then they were upon her.

Gold and brown, sightless though they were, rolled toward the newcomer and Cassiel could barely suppress a gasp. She had been expecting a wolf but… What is that!? Instinct made her flinch, recoiling her muscles and pulling herself to her paws in pure reflex.

Had she been able to see the stranger’s expression, maybe Cassiel could have collected herself. But the scent that washed over her was clearly not from a wolf. At least… not entirely a wolf.

Hybrid! Her mind screamed, but she really didn’t know what kind. In all her days of travel, the she-wolf had never come across a single Luperci. She’d been raised in an isolated corner of the world, and this… this took her quite by surprise.

Tail swaying with hesitance, Cassiel tried vainly to keep herself from panicking. The scent of this creature, wafting downward to her, told the faye that it towered above her. And the sounds of the pawsteps, now that she thought about, much too heavy for a wolf’s. And focused in two points.

It walked on two legs?

Her mind screamed at her to run as quickly as she could… but curiosity held the female in place. She coked her head, flicking her ears toward the taller creature. Every sense strained to notice something – a movement, a voice, something, anything.

And then it did speak. Kindly.

Unease swept from Cassiel and she regained her composure, struggling but succeeding in smoothing her ruffled fur. "Eh...hello there. You've reached Twilight Vale. I...suppose you have some business here?"

The creature seemed friendly enough… Confusion remained like a fog in Cassiel’s mind, but she finally realized how rude she must appear, seemingly gawking at the strange… wolf? It smells a little lupine…

She reorganized her thoughts, focusing on the emotions she picked up from the other. Call it a gift, but Cassiel had always possessed the ability to sense another’s emotions. Sometime more vividly than others… but always some trace, however slight. That’s what she tried to sense now… and felt comforted by the fact this odd animal appeared as confused, bewildered, or surprised as she herself felt.

”H-Hello…” Her voice broke with uncertainty, but Cassiel recovered quickly, intent to prove herself capable. ”I didn’t mean to surprise you. My name is Cassiel. Cassiel Ecanus and I’ve been traveling in search of a home.” Calm, melodic. Her voice flowed like honey now, confident and intent, yet equally respectful.

The newcomer had approached opposite the borders of the pack… but there seemed to be a similarity in her scent and the scents marking the trees. ”It would be my guess that you reside here? On this territory?” She asked, motioning with a glance toward where, she hoped, the border was. Her shock had disoriented the female and it took her a moment to recognize her placement.

”Is this Twilight Vale?” She asked without waiting for an answer to her previous questions. Excitement began to buzz in her belly, the strangeness of the creature’s scent nearly forgotten now in the tumult of rising hope.

[/html]
[html]

When I first joined 'Souls my character was a normal wolf, too x3 It's fun to see how long they last as normal wolves >______> xD And I love your table.

She had been born into the idea that she would someday have a two legged form, but she knew that some had not...that it could come as a surprise. Naniko wasn't sure how long it had been since she'd met one of those, though; the virius had spread throughout the lands, from enemy to enemy, from lover to lover. It was more uncommon to find someone who didn't have it.

Her father Physe had come to the lands as an unshifted wolf, and even he had gotten it eventually, it given to him through her other father, Roman.

The light got better as she stood there, waiting for a response. Really, she was too tired to notice much, the overnight meeting catching up to her now that she was in familiar territory. Conri must have already passed through, Lucifer, too...but they hadn't seen this wolf. Ah, well. She didn't mind standing to talk, even if it was really early. But her arms needed a break, so she put the books down on the ground. "Don't mind me...my arms are killing me." The notion that Cassiel was surprised at her appearance was lost upon Naniko. She just assumed that everyone could shift. There were times when she used her four legged form, during hunting or sometimes travelling, and she knew that others did, too.

Ah, so this one was looking for a place to stay. Lately things had been fairly hectic in the lands lately, with the pups heading out of the den on their own and Lucifer and Deuce's falling out...but things would settle down soon. A new member would bring a little hope to the others, perhaps. The next hunt that they had would be a wonderful one with six adults. Her sister's boy Jazper could come, now that he was an adult, and little Apollo could tag along to watch.

"Pleased to meet you. And yes. I'm Naniko D'angelo, and I help to rule these lands with my mate Conri Church." She did notice the breaks in the girl's voice, but most newcomers were nervous, weren't they? She'd never been a newcomer before, having been born in one of the old territories before the fire, but she'd heard about it. "I really shouldn't leave these books on the ground for very long, though...they might get ruined. Then I wouldn't be able to read them at all. So come along, dear. We can talk and walk at the same time" She bent to pick up the books with a groan, starting down the trail and motioning for Cassiel to follow. "Now, then. What makes you want to join up with Twilight Vale?"

[/html]
[html]

background="http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll90/machidielecanus/starsbg.jpg" border="0px" width="329px">

- ooc -

Lol. Hopefully Cassiel isn't changed too quickly. I'm just starting to get in the swing of her. And thanks! I can make you a table like mine if you'd like? I love playing around in photoshop.

Oh, at the end there, I think I kind of powerplayed a little bit with the books. I'll edit it though, if it bothers you. Sorry. Cassiel just wants a chance to prove how handy she can be.

- ic -

Eager orbs gazed without seeing at the location of the voice – now known as Naniko D’Angelo – and it eventually began to dawn on the blonde faye that Naniko had said nothing of her… “condition”. Evidently, that was a more common practice than one would think, considering how adept Cassiel had become in using her worthless eyes.

She displayed emotions as plain as other wolves, and even used them to gesture toward certain things – as she had done toward the border. Sometime the female even enjoyed pretending that she could see, letting her black vision roll across the landscape and imagining the world as she knew it must be.

Tree and shrubs were green and brown. The earth and soil brown as well. She knew that the leaves of autumn changed colors and that the sky was blue sometimes and white other times. The land had been described to her many times by sympathetic parents… but Cassiel had never had the pleasure of seeing it for herself. She saw a world of fuzzy, unintelligible shapes. Vague outlines that her mind had pieced together in the two years of her life.

And here she was, talking to something much larger than she. Much more important than she… More tired that she, yes, but oblivious just the same. Something told Cassiel to mention her weakness… her flaw, but another something kept her mouth closed. If she could keep this a secret, perhaps she had a better chance of becoming accepted as a member?

The thought struck her hard and she realized how civil, how perfect the conversation was going so far. What would happen if Naniko found out that she was blind? Cassiel could only imagine being turned away. Or worse yet, accepted in pure sympathy as an gesture of mercy.

Brittle thoughts shadowed her eyes and she blinked, adjusting her way of thinking. There was no use thinking bad. If Naniko asked, she would reluctantly tell her the truth. But otherwise, Cassiel was content to prove how capable she was first. Before judgment could made. Before any kind of decision formed about how she could possibly contribute to a pack of normal, seeing wolves.

Wolves?

Next came the question she had almost forgotten. Were all of the creatures in this pack like Naniko? Two-legs? She wondered idly if it gave them special powers. Or… were they Gods? Had the female somehow stumbled upon the realm of the dead?

She wanted desperately to believe that an adventure was about to enfold itself around her. Excitement and determination made her tail wave wildly from side to side of her body. Taking note of the ‘books’ Naniko was bending to pick up, she raced forward and scooped up a pile over her nose, letting them balance slowly down her downy-soft fur onto her back. She was a graceful girl, and walking with a little weight wouldn’t affect her in the least.

In fact, it seemed like the courteous thing to do.

"I'll help with this." She grinned. Toothy and innocent, she beamed up at the hybrid - as she had now decided that's what it was. "It's a pleasure to meet you as well, Naniko."

"Now, then. What makes you want to join up with Twilight Vale?" The question seemed puzzling to Cassiel. What answer could she give that might impress the alphess? Hmm... And then she noticed again the scent of the hybrid. Wolf and yet not-wolf. Intriguing. Curious. Exciting. "I'd like to find out more about the world. To find a home to settle in. Your lands carry a very lingering sense of familial integrity. A closeness I've not found in other places..." She took a deep breath, tasting the air for any change in the other's emotions or smell. "I'd like to become part of that... if it's possible?"

Walking would not ordinarily have been a challenge to her, but every so often the blonde glanced expectantly at the hybrid - trying to imitate the actions of regular wolves that could see. She focused on her steps, careful to balance the books on her back and determined not to let any weakness show.

[/html]
[html]

Sure, I'd like that :3 The layers in yours are sweet. If I can find a the right picture (maybe you could give me a full description of Cassiel? I'll try and make you an avatar? Big Grin And I would have gotten to this earlier, but I was helping with Habitat for Humanity today. I only just got all the varnish off of my hands. At least, enough to feel okay with typing on the laptop xD

Twilight Vale was a pack created by two wolves with very big dreams. She and Conri had wanted a safe haven for anyone seeking one. Any wolf with any past, any personality...would most likely be welcomed in with open arms. Each of them had gone through their own separate battles in their lives, Naniko with losing her parents and her memory and having to raise her brother when her adopted mother went insane, Conri with the horrible torture he had suffered at the hands of his kin...and the others, too. She knew firsthand the hardships that Lucifer, Deuce, and Jazz had gone through. Heck. Jazz had barely gotten to know Dierdre before his adopted mother had been taken by the fire.

That was mostly what their home was about. Trying to move on, to make life enjoyable again. This was the pack of new beginnings. "I'm pleased that you feel that way. We're a fairly small group so far, but we've got a couple of pups that will be brought into the adult ranks soon enough. Everybody in our pack is related to somebody else in the pack, through adoption or blood, but I think you'll find everyone fairly welcoming." They'd never had a newcomer before, not one that everyone didn't already know. Kansas, her brother, had joined just a few days earlier.

The two year old nodded appreciatively when the books were taken, striding along beside her four legged opposite. "Thank you. I didn't want to leave any of them behind, but I probably shouldn't have taken quite so many." Now the dawn was really breaking, the sun above the horizonline. She hadn't noticed that when Cassiel looked at her, she didn't really focus on her face, or that her eyes didn't move around and look at the surroundings as they walked. Even if she had, though, it wouldn't have been much of a concern to her. The female had made it in life so far, and Naniko would have confidence that she continue to thrive. She must have figured out some way to hunt, if she was staying by herself.

"Are there any particular skills that you might have that others here may not? We may have more pups running around in a couple of months...a pupsitter would be useful. My sister's boy Jazper sits for us most of the time, but he does it so often...he'd probably need a break"

[/html]
[html]

- ooc -

No problem. Smile Like I said, I love playing around with pictures. It gives my life meaning. Lol. And I'd love an avatar! Whenever you have time is perfectly fine by me. Cassiel's just really furry with blonde hair. She has one dark brown eye and one gold.

BTW, this post sucks. Sorry.

- ic -

Cassiel breathed deeply, continuing her balancing act and exhausting her mind on the surroundings at the same time. There’s a tree up ahead… She told herself, catching a whiff of pine and feeling the breeze ruffle her fur directly. They were walking straight into the wind. Good. That made life so much easier for the female.

Nodding in turn, she listened carefully to the “hybrid’s” words, placing her paws gingerly upon the soft, moss-covered earth. There seemed to be a depth that Naniko left out. A detail that probably wasn’t any of Cassiel’s business… but something that she felt almost the same as the hybrid herself. Sadness. It made the blonde’s fur prickle and for a second she couldn’t figure out if the emotion was her own, or her new friend’s.

She shivered, resisting the urge to give herself a good shake and a refreshing stretch. This pack did seem fairly close-knit. She realized that every trace of fragrance she caught was mingled was another’s. Nobody ever seemed to be alone… at least, not for very long.

And with the companionship she sensed something else. Something she’d just noticed first-hand from Naniko. A buried… what? Secret? Depth was all she could think to describe the smell. Everyone here had something in common with everyone else. A lingering sadness. No… Not sadness… Memory. She realized in the flick of an ear that this place was rich in memories. Painful, regrettable memories.

But… Not all of them… .

Cassiel shook her head, snorting the sensations away. She didn’t want to be rude and yet somehow… what she was doing seemed to be just that. …a pupsitter would be useful. Huh? The blind wolf looked up at the “hybrid” without seeing her.

A pupsitter?

Cassiel realized with a bubbling anxiety that she loved puppies. Her tail began to wag, slowly at first but gradually she forgot about restraint. Puppies! She adored the young, probably because she herself had never really grown up.

Another innocent, excited grin spread over her maw and she flicked her ears toward Naniko. Would this pack really trust a stranger with their children? Oh, she hoped so. Suddenly the idea of playing and romping and teaching and guarding thrilled her. She’d always wanted babies of her own, but never dared to dream. No one would ever desire a blind wolf, after all. Besides, what if she passed on her curse?

But this… Looking after and befriending any puppy sent anxious shudders to every muscle. She wanted to hurry! She wanted to get there and meet the little ones! The words ”in a couple of months” sank in though, and she quickly replaced the all-to-detectable excitement with a placid look of control. No need appearing overly-eager. She might make Naniko suspicious.

"I do have some rather keen senses. Smell especially. And, not to brag, but sometimes I’ve found that I can hear the heartbeat of a mouse in its burrow feet beneath me.” She grinned, the excitement returning.

"I would also have to say that, while my hunting style may be a little strange, it’s very effective.” What else? She scrambled to think of a way to tell the “hybrid” what all she had learned to do without the ability to see… but that’s just it. She didn’t want to admit she couldn’t see. "I’d also like to think I have a quick mind. I usually develop quite a few of my own tricks here and there…” She shrugged. "Just for the challenge of applying multiple solutions to one problem…”

It was getting too close for comfort, so she jumped in rapidly with a last comment. "If you would trust me with puppies, I swear no one would ever be disappointed. I love little ones and it’d give me a sense of purpose to watch over them while everyone else is away.” Good save, she thought, shifting the books along her spine slightly.

[/html]
[html]

I sent you a PM ^^ And your post was wonderful. You write a lot! We can either continue this thread from here or end it. I definitely want another one sometime!

That was all that she really needed to know, that the girl would be able to take care of herself if left to her own devices. Naniko liked to think that the pack had regular meetings and hunts, but it just wasn't true. Mostly she caught members at random times, sometimes with Apollo and sometimes without. Her two month old nephew usually went with her most places, but the meeting that she'd just come back to had been for pack leaders only. There wasn't a place there for a youngster.

"That sounds great, actually. We have a very strong lead hunter here, Lucifer--maybe you could study under him, and the two of you could compare what styles you use" She realized that though she had already decided that Cassiel could join them, she hadn't said anything to the female beside her. "If you wish to stay here in Twilight Vale, then you are more than welcomed to. And if you do wish for some experience with pups we have three that are still in the lands...one two-month-old and two that are nearly three months" She was glad to hear that the female enjoyed being around pups. Naniko shared the same feelings about them. She and her mate would definitely be hoping for some of their own.

[/html]
[html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the RP Guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:

___1. Make your first IC post within five days.

___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up Word of the Day points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[/html]
[html]

- ooc -

Haha. It's been so long since I've roleplayed, I think this is all literary backup. xD Oh, I sent you a PM as well, as you'll probably see. I finished your table! If you don't like it, I can redo it or make another one.

As for the post, it didn't seem quite done so I put up one more reply. We can keep going if you'd like, but if not that's okay too. Cassiel will take the opportunity to explore. Big Grin

- ic -

The breeze altered slightly and Cassiel directed her attention to the change, focusing on the mathematical relations between the scents she caught on the wind and the placement of the trees around her. Almost too late she noticed a very rich-smelling oak and turned calmly out of its way. That was a close one… She thought to herself, applying more of her brain to the challenge of walking than to sensing the emotions buzzing around her.

As Naniko went on to talk about a figure named Lucifer and comparing techniques with the male, the blonde faye wondered idly how such a meeting might go. Would Lucifer notice her “differences”? Of course he would. Especially if he was fitting of a lead hunter’s position. Uh oh.

Shaking her head to rid the thoughts, deciding to ponder their difficulty at a later, she felt a tingle of anticipation as the ‘hybrid’ welcomed her to the lands. Yes! She rejoiced silently, doing somersaults in her mind. There was a prickle of guilt at hiding her secret, but Cassiel tried to reason with it. She was accepted. She was “normal” by all accounts. She had proven herself to the alphess and to herself as well.

Maybe it was time to come clean? Opening her mouth to speak, the female tried desperately to form the words. ”I am so relieved to finally have a place to call home. Thank you so much, Naniko.” They were sincere. Not what she had wanted to say, but suddenly a confession seemed unneccessary. Naniko would find out eventually. Cassiel would tell her at the right time. And, hopefully, the rest of the pack too after she had had a chance to meet them all.

There was nothing more degrading than feeling the tingle of another wolf’s sympathy wash over you. Every time that happened, Cassiel almost felt sorry for herself all over again.

But not this time. Not yet. She would prove herself. Over and over. Again and again. As many times and as long as it took, she would be there, every ready. She was capable. She was competent. She didn’t need mercy or to be looked down upon. To be pitied. She hated that above all else. No… for now she would remain silent. Just for a little while longer.

”I’d love to meet the little ones! But I should probably get to know their parents first, come to think of it.” She mentioned sheepishly. ”And I should probably familiarize myself with the territory as well, if that’s alright with you?” First rule of being blind: memorize the location of every rock and tree and blade of grass. If she could get to know her surroundings well enough, maybe she could pull off a hunt with Lucifer?

[/html]
[html]

You can post wherever you want and stuff Big Grin Inside or outside of the packlands and everything ^_^ I'm going to close this and archive it after a day or so Big Grin

This female seemed really friendly, a good match with the rest of the members of the pack. If Naniko hadn't been so tired she would have offered to show her around a bit. But Apollo would be waiting for her back at the house, and she'd promised him a treat when she returned if he was good for Jazper. She took her books from Cassiel's back, nodding. "That sounds great. If you need anything, I live in the big white house with my mate and all of the kids. It's not too hard to find. But if you get turned around, or lost, you can always howl for assistance" She waved to the new member, starting off toward home once more.

[/html]