A brand new hook to hang your hat
[html]
OOC I has a table!

Traveling with another person was a complete treat for Terra. She'd spent so long alone, and sharing what she saw with someone else would be nice. She wagged her tail at the thought of the expedition.How about after winter sets in? I don't want to leave my pack until it's set for the coming snow.Terra looked up at the older female, unable to keep the grin off her face. If this kept up she'd be feeling sore! Soran seemed to prefer her optime form as well, so Terra would be getting a lot of practice in this form. Details of the trip skimmed through her mind. The castle would be the first stop, though she wouldn't show Soran the den that Terra had given to Augustus. After that they could travel north, acquainting herself with the various packs. That way if she got kicked out of her pack she'd have somewhere to go, not that she was planning to do anything that would lead to that.

Soran's next question was more difficult for her. Leaving the home she'd loved had been painful, and she didn't have any friends that supported her. The customs were rather strange, and she didn't know many of the seemingly basic things the other canines did. It was hard. My pack didn't have any luperci in it. When I shifted the first time it was a complete shock. I couldn't stay after that. The balance wouldn't work. No one would be able to challenge me, and that was wrong. I had to leave. Not for the first time Terra imagined what her life would have been like if she stayed. The honest truth of the matter was that all the coyotes took advantage of what they had to be the best. It wasn't cruel, it was survival. Leaders couldn't be weak, and only practice would allow them to develop the skills they needed. If she did try to stay she'd be forced to rule the pack, or be shunned for not using her abilities, letting it become a weakness instead of a strength.

<style type="text/css">
.terrra b {font-weight:bold; color:#116f77; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #041f22; }
.terrra p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.terrra {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#31515c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/K8FCs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#558888; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.terrra p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.terrra p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread