A brand new hook to hang your hat
[html]
OOC

So they would take some days to travel through the northern lands. It was going to be quite exciting, though she still had no idea about the exact time when they would head out. Terra's ears perked at Soran's words. They contained a trace of sympathy in them, which she thought was odd. Terra had been very happy with her childhood. Pain only came after the shift, and that wasn't from her pack, but from the struggle to survive on her own. No I didn't have a clue what I was. My scent was attributed to my wolf blood. There's been hybrids, but they're not common. Wolves were more likely to drive us off than mate with us. It was a simple truth in her mind. Wolves and coyotes were different, so there would be conflict.

Being a hybrid meant she had more freedom in that sense. Terra could easily cross the boundaries between wolves and coyotes, understanding both sides. This didn't lead her to feel isolated though. Instead it was a gift. Growing up where curiosity and tricks were emphasized had allowed her to see it that way. I never thought about it being traditional or not, but there was fighting for ranks. It didn't happen often though. Her pack had been her entire world back then. Terra had vaguely understood that there were those that were different, but she'd been too young to fully grasp it. Ranks hadn't bothered her either, due to the lax nature of the pack. All of them followed the motto of 'do it if you can get away with it'. Even those higher ranked were victims of the games the younger ones played.

<style type="text/css">
.terrra b {font-weight:bold; color:#116f77; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #041f22; }
.terrra p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.terrra {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#31515c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/K8FCs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#558888; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.terrra p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.terrra p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread