i want you to need me
[html]

He sat in the library, legs folded like a pretzel beneath him. On the dirt floor laid an animal skin unfolded and discarded for now. In his lap, a book was spread open and its pages were being intently studied. It wasn’t a medical book, which he had spent most of his time reading, but instead a book about languages. It contained a few old world languages – English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish. He had skimmed parts of English but had grown bored. The other four he had read small bits of, reciting simple phrases such as ‘Good morning’ and ‘My name is’.

It wasn’t that Pilot was particularly intent on learning new languages. It was just that lately he had found his mind clouded. He needed something to remedy that. A new interest. Something to revive the joy in life. His children should have been enough, but that didn’t seem to be the case. Maybe with a bit of reading and a change in his daily routine, Pilot would find some refreshment and perhaps rekindle the joyful, outgoing spirit that once was more common within him.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread