The morning after
[html]

Kostya gave Saxif a small smile at her greeting, his mood lifted by his successful kill, though he did wince in sympathy when she mentioned that she was fond of bows as well, his eyes flickering to her splinted arm. Aye, these things aren' all sunshine an happiness, but they'll heal fairly quickly if I rest a few days. Wouldn’t enjoy much being an archer with a broken arm."

When Saxif offered her arm to Kostya his eyes hardened a fraction as he searched her face for a hint of mockery, Kostya wasn't foolish enough to reject help when he was injured, but he did not appreciate any help, needed or not, given in a mocking spirit. Seeing sincerity in Saxif's face he smiles widely and gratefully and took her are, lifting himself into a standing position with a quiet hiss of pain, evidently a large amount of his ability to walk before had been adrenaline. I'd be grateful fer help changing my bandages, got some spare on me but they're a pain ta' do myself.

Leaning heavily on Saxif's shoulder Kostya let himself be lead over to the deer, as he deattatched himself from Saxif's shoulder he bumped her shoulder with his muzzle in a grateful gesture and slowly lowered himself into a crouch beside the deer, removing his pack as he did so. The deer was still alive, twitching gently, but a knife across the throat quickly solved that problem and Kostya dug into his pack, retrieving a small roll of bandages, which he set to one side, and a bundle of plastic wrapping eh found in Halifax. The wrapping was bloodstained from previous usage but it was more convenient than washing the inside of his bag out.

As Kostya started to skin the deer he turned to Saxif, absent mindedly skinning the deer as he talked, "Would ya' like some'a this? I probably wouldn'a caught it if ya' hadn’t got me ta calm down, an there's no way I'm gonna be able ta' carry tha' whole lot down ta' Halifax and back up ta' Drifer Bay with me." Kostya almost mentioned how Saxif's arm must make hunting difficult but stopped himself, not wanting to potentially insult her, instead he just carried on skinning the deer, waiting for her reply.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread