The morning after
[html]

WC:000+ OOC: Backdated to November 1st. Roughly late morning. Kostya is wounded on his stomach and chest from an encounter with a bear the previous night. See Battered, beaten but not broken for more information.

Right now, with all his heart, Kostya wished he was asleep in his bed. He was tired, wounded and generally not in a good condition for hunting. Unfortunately his late night meal with terra had left him low on food, a bad situation to be in with winter fast approaching, so instead he was out here hunting.

His wounds stopped him from running so he was in Optime form, bandaged wrapped tightly around his chest and stomach in a vain attempt to stop his wounds reopening. His plan had been simple and sound; head over to a dark part of the woods at Arachnea's Revenge, use his dark coat to bend in with the shadows and kill his prey with his bow before it scented him. Simple, no running involved and little chance of his wounds reopening. Unfortunately the deer Kostya was hunting was apparently Psychic and had bolted the second he had drawn his bow, which left him in his current situation.

Namely lumbering through the woods in something that was a cross between a run and a waddle, trying to keep the deer in sight while also not reopening his wounds. Oh and swearing, lots of swearing. The deer, the bad arrow which messed up a kill shot, the branches in his face, the pain from his slash wounds; Kostya was cursing pretty much everything for all he was worth.

Finally the deer emerged into a clearing where Kostya had a clean shot. Stumbling to a halt Kostya quickly drew back his bow and prepared to bring the deer down. Unfortunately a jolt of pain went through his stomach just as he fired and the shot went wide, sending the arrow flying into the trees on the far side of the clearing. Yelling an angry "Bastard!" into the air Kostya dropped onto one knee and began to draw another arrow as quickly as he could.

Image courtesy of madamem@deviantart; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_KostyaArsov1 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.K22911_KostyaArsov1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_KostyaArsov1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#487f90; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_KostyaArsov1 {background-color:#010409; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1b3a48; text-shadow: 0.2em 0.2em 0.2em #000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/3533/kostyaarsov.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:280px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_KostyaArsov1-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
Sorry for the wait

Saxif was relaxing on the trunk of a fallen tree picking at the bark. She had been working on gathering a light breakfast of bugs. Her traps had been ransacked and doubted setting any future ones would be possible. There were downsides to living in an unprotected area she’d have to adapt upon her return she figured. She sighed softly at the alternative choice of food and hoped to trade some furs upon her travel for some real meat. The injured huntress considered postponing her journey to gather food as she munched a small beetle. She rested her ear against the bark as a leg swung back and forth her feet whisked the yellowed grass below. As she lay on her belly shifting around to find the hibernating critters her other ear perked.

She knew the sound instantly and sat up to find the fleeing deer. When it finally burst through the dense forest into the clearing nearby she was surprised to notice the male. He stopped nearby as she ducked behind the fallen tree watching him. Her eyes widened when he pulled up the bow a soft smile drew upon her face. She knew only one or two archers in Souls’ and so few who hunted with one. His shot sadly missed, as it was clear he was injured and pain ruined his aim. As he notched his next arrow she looked toward the fleeing animal.

Don’t rush your shot. Breathe. She hadn’t realized she blurted out her thoughts until it was too late. She winced at her action. But it had been why the male missed, in his excitement he forgot his pain needed to be taken into account. If he had breathed and acted in a calmer fashion instead of getting caught up he may not have missed. She missed her own bow so much knowing she could not use it for weeks to come. She stood to expose herself more to the male her hands up in a surrender to let him know she was not a threat, she was unarmed and her arm was splinted.

<style>
#jn-saxifgift {width:100%; margin:0px auto;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;}
#jn-saxifgift.ooc {text-align:right;font-size:11px;padding:0px;}
#jn-saxifgift.table {background-color:#ffffd1;border:1px solid #ffffff;outline:1px solid #000000;color:#000000;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;padding:5px 0px 150px 0px;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4eHF1.gif);background-position:bottom left;background-repeat:no-repeat;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:-1px;word-spacing:1px;}
#jn-saxifgift.table p {text-indent:40px;padding:5px 55px 0px 55px;}
#jn-saxifgift.table p:first-letter {font-size:25px;font-weight:normal;color:#c4af56;font-family: 'La Belle Aurore', cursive;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #000000;}
#jn-saxifgift.table b {color:#796332;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #555555;}
#jn-saxifgift.table b:before {content:open-quote;}
#jn-saxifgift.table b:after {content:close-quote;}
#jn-saxifgift.words {font-size:10px;text-align:right;padding:0px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
=3

Kostya flinched as he heard somebody nearby him and lost his grip on the arrow, which shot off in the general direction of the deer. As it happened this turned out to have helped Kostya, as the arrow struck a tree directly ahead of the deer, causing the animal to flinch and change direction. Apparently it had forgotten where Kostya was, or was just very stupid, as it started off away from the tree line, moving diagonal to him.

Still in a hunting mindset Kostya quickly scanned his head across to the source of the voice, noticed the non-aggressive posture and splinted arm and promptly ignored her, sure that she wasn't a threat. Instead his focus switched back to the deer, which was still in sight. Taking the females advice he calmed himself before this shot, taking time to aim is ahead of the moving deer.

Kostya gave a low, happy, growl as his arrow struck the deer in the neck, sending it tumbling to the floor in a twitching heap. However his growl soon turned to one of pain as he began to stand up from his crouched posture and a shot of pain ran through him. Looking down small but steadily growing spots of red against the white of his bandages confirmed that he should have waited a few more days before coming out hunting.

Still, nothing he could do about that now. With a heavy sigh he pushed the pain to the back of his mind and turned to regard the female who had surprised him. The female was a blonde coloured wolf, about a foot shorter than himself with an odd design dyed into her fur and as he had noticed before, one arm in a splint. Giving up on the whole "standing-up" thing Kostya instead dropped into a more comfortable crouch, wincing and holding his stomach as he did so. When he was confortable he glanced at the stranger, looking up at her with less suspicion than he normally would; it would be pretty unusual to give hunting tips to someone you were trying to hurt.

"Thanks I guess, I was losin' mah' temper a bit with that one." Pain and elusive prey did not combine to make a happy Kostya, and he would have probably lost that deer completely without an outside influence to disturb his anger, "The names Kostya." He greeted in a friendly tone, holding out a hand in greeting. As he did so he kept both his head and ears high, communicating that the crouch was because of the pain and not a submissive gesture.

<style type="text/css">
.bluekost1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#5a84a3; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 1px;}
.bluekost1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.bluekost1 .ooc {text-align:center; font-size:10px; border-bottom:#5a84a3 1px dashed;}
.bluekost1 .inner {margin:0px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i44.tinypic.com/vnijrq.jpg);}
.bluekost1 {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#0d1924; background-image:url(http://i41.tinypic.com/xnzzhd.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 360px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2b5475; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

lol the end gets a bit rambly and weird sorry XD

Saxif’s mind grew excited at the sight, the deer was being gracious and the male quickly struck him down for it. She gave a bit of a bark of joy before setting her eyes on the male. She quickly rushed to his side but kept from touching him when she realized he had control of the situation. She smiled softly when he explained his injuries were merely the cause of his assumed submission. She hadn’t thought otherwise but liked him instantly for his pride that resembled her own. Saxif, Saxif Goldenfeather. She took his hand, normally she would have given him a firm handshake but the strength in her hand was not quite there yet. Nice to meet another hunter with similar interest in such a fine weapon. She beamed with pride at her love for the bow. I miss my own, been with out it for almost a fortnight now. I’m guessing you kind of get what that feels like. She motioned to the wounds that had clearly come open as she rubbed the back of her neck.

Come lets go check out this kill of yours and we’ll get you cleaned up. I have a horse nearby if you just want to drag it home and get yourself tended to first. She carefully offered her arm for support the look on her face slightly worried. She knew in his position she would be quite offended by the offer but at the same time she wanted to show she meant him no harm. She wouldn’t think less of him if he accepted but she couldn’t say the words as that would be just as bad a lash as offering her hand. The action couldn’t be taken back so she just kept it there.

<style type="text/css">
.saxgoldraze b {font-weight:bold; color:#c32600; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1e0e01 1px 1px 1px; }
.saxgoldraze p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.saxgoldraze {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#331e01; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/QNMki.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #30383c; padding: 460px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#a47712; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.saxgoldraze .wordcount {color:#a47712; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #c32600; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.saxgoldraze .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Kostya gave Saxif a small smile at her greeting, his mood lifted by his successful kill, though he did wince in sympathy when she mentioned that she was fond of bows as well, his eyes flickering to her splinted arm. Aye, these things aren' all sunshine an happiness, but they'll heal fairly quickly if I rest a few days. Wouldn’t enjoy much being an archer with a broken arm."

When Saxif offered her arm to Kostya his eyes hardened a fraction as he searched her face for a hint of mockery, Kostya wasn't foolish enough to reject help when he was injured, but he did not appreciate any help, needed or not, given in a mocking spirit. Seeing sincerity in Saxif's face he smiles widely and gratefully and took her are, lifting himself into a standing position with a quiet hiss of pain, evidently a large amount of his ability to walk before had been adrenaline. I'd be grateful fer help changing my bandages, got some spare on me but they're a pain ta' do myself.

Leaning heavily on Saxif's shoulder Kostya let himself be lead over to the deer, as he deattatched himself from Saxif's shoulder he bumped her shoulder with his muzzle in a grateful gesture and slowly lowered himself into a crouch beside the deer, removing his pack as he did so. The deer was still alive, twitching gently, but a knife across the throat quickly solved that problem and Kostya dug into his pack, retrieving a small roll of bandages, which he set to one side, and a bundle of plastic wrapping eh found in Halifax. The wrapping was bloodstained from previous usage but it was more convenient than washing the inside of his bag out.

As Kostya started to skin the deer he turned to Saxif, absent mindedly skinning the deer as he talked, "Would ya' like some'a this? I probably wouldn'a caught it if ya' hadn’t got me ta calm down, an there's no way I'm gonna be able ta' carry tha' whole lot down ta' Halifax and back up ta' Drifer Bay with me." Kostya almost mentioned how Saxif's arm must make hunting difficult but stopped himself, not wanting to potentially insult her, instead he just carried on skinning the deer, waiting for her reply.

[/html]
[html]

Sax is getting more comfortable... slight PP with checking wounds, can change if need be.

The huntress smiled when the male accepted her offer and she easily supported his weight after a near unnoticeable struggle to help him to his feet. This made her glad knowing that even with her lack of training and hunting her strength was staying fairly intact. I’ll be glad to help. She thought back to his comment and of his current situation, injured but unable to resist the hunt. It has been difficult resisting my bow, it just sits there its eagle carvings just staring at me... almost feel like I have to bury it soon just to keep from using it. She chuckled lightly. When they made it to the deer she nodded lightly to his appreciation and crouched beside him. She shut her eyes for a moment internally praying for the creature’s spirit, thanking it for its offer to the male and wishing it well on its life in the spirit world. She opened her eyes and looked to the male as he started to speak.

She smiled brightly. Kostya you may have just saved my life. I have been planning a journey and moments before you appeared I was thinking I would just have to postpone just for collecting meat. It’s quite amazing really that you arrived in perfect timing. She thought maybe the Great Spirit was smiling down upon her allowing her path to stay on track, but she shrugged. It could have been coincidence. She thought. I would have had plenty but my traps were found and robbed in the night... down side to living the lonesome life in unprotected lands. She watched the knife skilfully cut through the hide of the animal. Then after a moment of being transfixed she looked to his wounds. I’ll take a look at these.... but uh... be forewarned I’m not the greatest of healers... not really my thing. She loosened the bandage and pulled it back to inspect the wound. She sniffed lightly. Might need a little bit of cleaning giving off a little bit of a stench, a lot of it broke open but you should be fine and back to healing in no time. I think anyway. She smiled and rewrapped the bandage. We’ll check it out more once your done here. She motioned to the deer.

She knew the marks well when she saw the wound they had been etched into her memory since pup-hood. Many people in her clan encountered bears and it was an annual event for her family. So... a bit of a run in with a bear? Had my own chance... would’ve loved to gain the kill but it didn’t work out that way. She turned her body to show him her back, from the tip of her shoulder down to the center of her back was a massive group of claw marks from the powerful swipe of a grizzly. The lighter marks were starting to disappear into her fur but the large ones would always remain. She loved them and beamed with pride when she for the first time got to show them off to a fellow hunter. He fell to my JagerMeister’s hooves. My horse. She did not want to mention her ex-mate and at times couldn’t believe that the female had done such a thing until she saw the clawing in the crushed corpse. She was rather proud of them for saving her but she still wished she had the chance to gain the honour herself. In her old pack a bear kill was a great accomplishment.

<style type="text/css">
.saxgoldraze b {font-weight:bold; color:#c32600; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1e0e01 1px 1px 1px; }
.saxgoldraze {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#331e01; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/QNMki.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #30383c; padding: 460px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#a47712; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.saxgoldraze .wordcount {color:#a47712; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #c32600; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Kostya chuckled at Saxif's descrption of her longing to use her bow, whistling lowly as she described the bow itself', "Sounds like a nice piece a' kit, maybe ya' could show it me in use some time when yer' arm is better? I tend ta' keep my bows simple; I seem ta' break at least one a month an while I've gotten quite good at makin' new ones, its easier ta' leave em plain." He gestured to his bow which be had lain on the floor nearby, the wood was smooth and well rounded but featureless.

Saxif's declaration that he had saved her life caused Kostya to blush and duck his head embarrassedly, though he let out an angry snort at the news that her traps had been pilfered, "Never had much skill at makin' traps so I don' really use em, but I can imagine tha' it would be quite frustratin'," He gave a sigh, It's jus' tha' way tha' world is ain't it? Ev'ryone want's what each other has, 'specially with prey 'round winter." With a last yank at a piece of skin Kostya removed the main clump of skin from the deer's torso and quickly rolled it up before coating it in plastic and slipping it into his pack.

Taking a break from his work Kostya raised his arms, letting Saxif get better access to his bandages as she sniffed at the wounds, he let out a small bark of laughter at her comments, "Don' worry, ya' can' be worse than me. Slap some alcohol on it an' wrap it tight is about as much as I know" Once Saxif was finished Kostya dropped back down and continued working on the deer, carving the meat into two large chunks and several small ones. As he worked he kept an ear cocked and listened to Saxif's question.

Not too long ago talking about the bear would have caused Kostya to clam up. Terra was the only one that he really felt comfortable talking to about the bear, partly because she didn’t seem to really understand it and partly because she had saved his life from. However after going over it countless times in his head over the last week Ksotya was slowly starting to come to terms with what had happened, enough to talk about it at least.

"Yeah, same bastard tha' gave me these actually," Kostya gestured to the set of scars adorning his muzzle, grinning toothily as he did so, "An i'm with ya on tha' as well, wouldn’t have minded actually managing ta' kill it, I have business with it tha' goes beyond my own wounds." Just because he felt able to talk about it didn’t mean that he was going to bring it up into an otherwise casual conversation, though he left his tone open to let Saxif know that if she wanted to pursue the subject, he would be happy to answer.

Finally Kostya was done and all the meat had been cut and wrapped. Leaving the skeleton and the scraps of meat on it for the scavengers he slipped one of the big pieces into the other side of his pack and hung three of the small chuncks from his harness. "There we go," he said, gesturing at the pile of remaining meat, Ya' can have tha'. The plastic shoul' help keep it clean when yer travelling, try an hold onta' it if possible in case we meet again, not particularly common stuff ta' find layin' about. You wantin' ta' call your horse over an get this loaded up?"Kostya looked down at his wounds, they seemed to have stopped bleeding, though they did ache sharply as he got up into a standing position, but the bandaged were filthy and definitely needed changing."If I need to give these cuts a clean out I shoul' probably try an find a stream, ya' know anywhere around here?"

[/html]
[html]

Blah post. She's getting a little goofy cause of hormones XD

300+

Saxif listened to the male taking much interest in his accent, she enjoyed meeting people from different places. All creatures had such a distinct way about them that set them apart; it was refreshing since she came to these lands. The huntress happily accepted the plastic filled with meat. This will be extremely useful thank you so much. She stood as the male had. My horse is the golden figure shifting right over there. Before she pointed him out she took a moment to remember where she tied the large steed. In the thick brush he was turning his behind, either grazing or trying to break from the reigns. She shifted her pointing finger slightly. And that way there is a pleasant little stream. She smiled and stood with the male.

When they walked toward JagerMeister it was the first time she really looked at the male. A slight wave of heat ran over her, his scars were that of the males of her home. His dark fur an appealing shade that contrasted the pink of his scars greatly. She felt her cheeks heat when she realized she was staring and for a brief moment she lost her footing and stumbled. Thankfully she gained her balance. When they reached Jager she opened the on his side and placed the meat in holding it open for the male. Did you want to ride him? The offer was slightly hesitant she didn’t know how he would react to a new rider. I don’t know if he’ll like it much but you should take it easy... he’ll take you if I ride with you. She cleared her throat feeling slightly awkward at the thought. What was the matter with her? Males usually didn’t make her feel so strange.

Jager had shifted uncomfortably at the approach of the male. He was injured though and his master seemed content with him maybe even a little more than content. He rolled his eyes slightly and continued to graze as she filled his satchel. His ear perked at the mention of carrying the male and rose his head to look at him. His blue eyes glared as he huffed slightly. Saxif yanked his reign to punish the behaviour.

Sorry, he's a bit of a grump.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
OOC: Awkward/Innocent Kostya is Awkward and Innocent =3
Feel free to PP Saxif helping him onto the horse and them travelling to the stream.
[html]

Kostya set off with Saxif, lightly draping himself over her shoulder to help him walk, not sure whether to curse himself that he went hunting so early and hurt himself again, or be glad that he went hunting and met somebody interesting to talk to.

As the two made their way over towards Saxif's horse Kostya noticed Saxif staring at him. Cheeks heating for some reason he looked down at his chest, wondering if his bandages had started bleeding again and that were what she was looking at. Unfortunately Saxif chose that moment to stumble and Kostya nearly went over with her as his downturned head messed with his balance, though he managed to grab her arm at the last moment and pull himself upright. Cheeks burning under his fur Kostya let go of Saxif and managed to stagger the short distance remaining to the horse.

Shuffling in embarrassment Kostya helped Saxif load the meat he had given her onto her horse and listened as she introduced the animal, who had the rather odd name of JagerMeister. Still despite the odd name the horse was an impressive looking animal, and Kostya took a moment to admire it, though he did blanch a bit when Saxif suggested that he ride it, followed by the horses displeased reaction to that suggestion.

Kostya wasn't particularly fond of the idea, but couldn't really see a way to reject it without appearing impolite, even if the idea of riding something as strong as a horse that didn't seem to like him terrified him. So doing his best to keep his trepidation out of his voice he responded, "Er, y-yeah sure." Well so much for not showing that he was nervous, oh well at least he couldn’t embarrass himself any more.

Oh yeah, he didn’t know how to ride a horse.

Embarrassed blush going full force Kostya turned from the horse to face Saxif. "Err, would ya' be able ta' help me up? I don' really know how ta' ride a horse; never really been very close ta' them before." Fiddling with one of his prey hooks in a newly discovered nervous reaction, Kostya waited for Saxif's help.

[/html]
[html]

lol the sexual tension in the air can be cut with a knife. Poor Saxif in heat D: rofl.

300+

The blonde smiled shyly when he asked for her help, now that she was aware of how handsome he was she couldn’t help but grow further awkward. She looked up at Jager’s back and wondered how she would help him up. Then for the comfort of both horse and Kostya she thought to show him how she gets up. She put her good hand on Jager’s firm back and gave a slight hop, with her other arm she gripped his shoulder and pulled her body on. It was horribly awkward but it was the only way for her to do it without hurting her arm. She felt embarrassed thinking that showing him would be better. That’s not normally how I do it. She raised her splinted arm. I usually use both arms and just push myself up and throw my leg over. Give a good hop and I’ll pull you up. She mimed the proper action.

She turned her body around to sit backwards. It took a try and a chuckle but the girl managed to pull Kostya up before her. Their bodies in such close proximity caused her heart to beat uncontrollably. She gazed into his blue eyes for a moment before refocusing herself and carefully turning herself around. Uh... so just hold your balance and keep your legs firmly against Jager. You can... She cleared her throat just then feeling as though it would close. Can hold onto me if you feel like you’re going to fall. She set forth toward the stream as her hands gripped the reigns tightly. She would shift slightly from time to time from the nerves and feeling him against her back. There it is. She blurted out when they reached the stream. She quickly dismounted and spotted the male in case he lost balance or hurt himself somehow.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

With Saxif's help Kostya was able to mount the horse rather easily, albeit slightly painfully. Their initial position on the horse was awkward and sent a frsh burst of heat running through Kostya's cheeks, especially when the female seemed to stare at him slightly before turning around. He gripped the horse's back with his legs, like Saxif had told him and waited for the horse to set off moving. Unfortunately Kostya's inexperience in horse riding shone through, and he lost his balance nearly as soon as the horse started moving. Kostya flailed his arms a bit, trying to keep his balance, before taking Saxif up on her offer and wrapping his arms around her stomach to keep his balance.

Unfortunately Kostya's hormones chose this time to realise that, for the first time in two years, and in his life, he was both in a coherent state and in close contact with a female that wasn't his mother. His face broke out into a strong blush and his heart began beating hard. Embarrassed by the unfamiliar reaction Kostya was glad when the river came into view.

Kostya noticed Saxif moving into position near the horse, likely to help him down if he needed it. Taking a deep breath Kostya swung his legs over the horse and slid off. As he hit the ground the movement sent a small jolt of pain through him, which threw his balance off. However he managed to right himself quickly with Saxif's help

Taking a deep breath to calm himself, Kostya turned to Saxif and smiled, "Thanks fer' tha' 'elp, wouldn' 'ave liked ta' walk all this way, or all tha' way back 'ome fer tha' matter, without cleanin' myself up a bit first." Kostya was grateful for Saxif's help and, despite his embarrassment, the ride had been enjoyable in an odd way that Kostya couldn't quite put his paw on.

With broad strides, forgoing attempting to avoid pain for getting it over with quickly, Kostya swiftly made his way over to the stream and crouched down, gazing into the water. After splashing some water onto his face to try and calm himself Kostya started unbuckling his harness. After a minute he managed to get all the straps off and placed the bulky leather down by the side of the river, being careful not to jolt his bow or his newly acquired meat as he did so and then started to pick at the knots on his bandages.

[/html]