The morning after
[html]

Kostya chuckled at Saxif's descrption of her longing to use her bow, whistling lowly as she described the bow itself', "Sounds like a nice piece a' kit, maybe ya' could show it me in use some time when yer' arm is better? I tend ta' keep my bows simple; I seem ta' break at least one a month an while I've gotten quite good at makin' new ones, its easier ta' leave em plain." He gestured to his bow which be had lain on the floor nearby, the wood was smooth and well rounded but featureless.

Saxif's declaration that he had saved her life caused Kostya to blush and duck his head embarrassedly, though he let out an angry snort at the news that her traps had been pilfered, "Never had much skill at makin' traps so I don' really use em, but I can imagine tha' it would be quite frustratin'," He gave a sigh, It's jus' tha' way tha' world is ain't it? Ev'ryone want's what each other has, 'specially with prey 'round winter." With a last yank at a piece of skin Kostya removed the main clump of skin from the deer's torso and quickly rolled it up before coating it in plastic and slipping it into his pack.

Taking a break from his work Kostya raised his arms, letting Saxif get better access to his bandages as she sniffed at the wounds, he let out a small bark of laughter at her comments, "Don' worry, ya' can' be worse than me. Slap some alcohol on it an' wrap it tight is about as much as I know" Once Saxif was finished Kostya dropped back down and continued working on the deer, carving the meat into two large chunks and several small ones. As he worked he kept an ear cocked and listened to Saxif's question.

Not too long ago talking about the bear would have caused Kostya to clam up. Terra was the only one that he really felt comfortable talking to about the bear, partly because she didn’t seem to really understand it and partly because she had saved his life from. However after going over it countless times in his head over the last week Ksotya was slowly starting to come to terms with what had happened, enough to talk about it at least.

"Yeah, same bastard tha' gave me these actually," Kostya gestured to the set of scars adorning his muzzle, grinning toothily as he did so, "An i'm with ya on tha' as well, wouldn’t have minded actually managing ta' kill it, I have business with it tha' goes beyond my own wounds." Just because he felt able to talk about it didn’t mean that he was going to bring it up into an otherwise casual conversation, though he left his tone open to let Saxif know that if she wanted to pursue the subject, he would be happy to answer.

Finally Kostya was done and all the meat had been cut and wrapped. Leaving the skeleton and the scraps of meat on it for the scavengers he slipped one of the big pieces into the other side of his pack and hung three of the small chuncks from his harness. "There we go," he said, gesturing at the pile of remaining meat, Ya' can have tha'. The plastic shoul' help keep it clean when yer travelling, try an hold onta' it if possible in case we meet again, not particularly common stuff ta' find layin' about. You wantin' ta' call your horse over an get this loaded up?"Kostya looked down at his wounds, they seemed to have stopped bleeding, though they did ache sharply as he got up into a standing position, but the bandaged were filthy and definitely needed changing."If I need to give these cuts a clean out I shoul' probably try an find a stream, ya' know anywhere around here?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread