Iron
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... e_01-1.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 300px; ">

ooc: 326 words Nov. 5th

Pack made them family; a bond the Exultare never took lightly. However in the grand scheme of things, her own emotions taken into consideration, she did not feel like part of this family at the moment. She felt more alone now than she had when wandering the wild alone. The idea was absurd, really; being alone when in the midst of others. X'yrin had never experienced this and did not know how to change this unpleasant feeling.

Solemnly she turned to her concerned comrade, looking beyond her face as if peering into her own thoughts personified. "You needn't be worried," she whispered. To her ears they were spoken not as a comfort but as a means to convince herself that this was the truth. How pitiful that she couldn't even believe her own lie. Looking away from the other, she continued. "I am missing something, is all. That much I am certain of. But I don't understand why I still do..." X'yrin turned her gaze to her open hands, palms facing the air and stared deep into them as if the callous pads had the answers she sought.

"A part of me understands... There is a voice I can hear in the still hours of night, whispering answers to questions I have not asked. And yet when I am awake and thriving, I cannot remember the answers, only the confusing questions that plague me. Deep down, I know why my heart is empty... but I cannot bring the answer to the surface." She clasped her hands tightly, her claws digging angrily into her palms as they shook with rage aimed at herself. "I just want my answer so that I can move forward. I can't remain stuck in place like this..."

Her hands unfurled again opening her palms to her searching gaze. Her eyes were encompassed by grey... a searing, powerful grey with a relentless light that would not waver. "This is all so...terribly frustrating."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread