Iron
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... e_01-1.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 300px; ">

ooc: 658 words Nov. 5th

She was late to rise and not at all in high spirits. She felt utterly worn and restless even after a restful night. But she did not awaken with a clear mind and anticipation for what lied in wait on this day, rather she awoke with a troubled mind and empty heart. Emerging from her den she met the glare of the afternoon sun unobstructed by not even a single cloud. Was the blinding light to her eyes punishment for lulling about, wasting nearly half the day away? She should have been ashamed of herself if not already scolding her present disposition.

Her primal form slipped seamlessly to a more civilized posture, her hunched form extending slightly and bones reform to suit and balance her two legged state. She left her mane as it was, too absent in thought to care enough to groom it. She did however remember her role within Ichika as its warrior still adapting to its culture. The bonds of the Nomads ran deep, not so easily dismissed by a new family. She withdrew from her den the pelt of her first kill, the tail now fashioned to cup protectively around her left shoulder. A thin band of hide fastened the furred shoulder to her upper arm while she fixed another to string across her chest and tie beneath her right shoulder. It was at the moment, the only aspect about her that she took pride in.

Above her sounded her owl companion, impatiently calling for her to withdraw from her sanctuary and thread further into the light. She heeded without hesitation, extending her arm in beckon for the bird to come to her. "Here," she uttered to him and heard the beat of his wings as he dropped into decent. His talons clung to her forearm gently giving the female a light nip on the muzzle as if in reprimand before hooting softly, "Late." The woman smiled though her gaze upon the bird was distant and smile was nothing more than a reflexive turn of her lips. "I know.... I know."

The day was partly gone meaning there was only the rest of the afternoon and early night to accomplish anything she intended. She felt the disappointment of her irresponsible behavior, her civil mind asserting itself, talking her down for letting something as infinitesimal as feelings keep her from routine. She couldn't be bothered to contest, however. Her heart was simply not in it. It was absent from her chest and she didn't know where it had gone. It was burden to exert herself beyond the energy she had, she was so drain. She walked aimless from the forest til she was once again within the Valley just shy of the Ranch that stabled the beasts. Hearing the distant sounds of the beast roused the bird's attention and he took off to explore, leaving his master alone to her thoughts.

She had no real task to complete, not hunt to undertake as of yet. Time was idle and ample in her hands, her mind was so full of thoughts she wished to explore. Why was she in pain like that? What brought on this sudden emptiness? Why was she plagued by thoughts of grey? And why... why was she overcome with such anger?

She needed a distraction. She could recount the times among the Nomads when others expressed feelings... uncertainties like these. It was always the advise of the Shepard to absorb those thoughts and channel them, disperse their negative energy from their limbs. Detour the trouble thoughts with practice. X'yrin knew her balance was poor on two legs, not yet strengthened from lack of strenuous use. Softly exhaling, she slid a leg back to brace herself, crouching low to stretch her muscles and held the form counting slowly. If there was anything to distract her, it would be this; trying to keep herself balanced and her legs from buckling under the strain.

[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

lol ren is frustrated

In Character

Rendall had been awoken abit early for her afternoon patrol. Amsi, she was sure, was up and about causing trouble. Her mate's pet was the bane of her exsistance, though things had calmed down a bit since their first meeting. The woman stretched, hoping not to awaken her slumbering lover. Already she had been feeling that certain itch.....That feeling of desire that she just couldn't shake. It made her irritable often but she didn't want Noah to feel pressured by her. Not to mention she was sure the Mountain lion cub would do everything in her power to make sure the pair did nothing of the sorts.

Sighing heavily she rose out of bed and, after giving Noah a sweet lick on the cheek, set about getting ready for her patrol. She wandered into the bathroom to brush out her sleep-messy black locks and quickly washed her face. Some days she really missed her cabin back in P.V. It was a cozy little place she had built back up. However, She would follow Noah anywhere if he asked. Rendall headed downstairs to drink a glass of tea, set out food for Amsi and Noah, and grab her cloak for the patrol. She would need it today since it was sunny. And if any wolf found the sun unhelpful, it was Rendall.

She stepped out into the light and allowed herself to be momentarily warmed by the sun before covering her bright blue fur and starting off on her patrol. Something was wrong today. She knew Jaden would be doing some of the patrols, but the area she was running seemed.....unpatrolled. The marks were older than they should be and the trail didn't seem as fresh. This worried the woman. She knew that there was another Kenpo, but didn't they patrol the area like Ren and Jaden?

Annoyed by this the woman set out to recover all the bounderies that had been negleted. Quickly marking all the areas where the scent had long faded. Her need for her mate fueled her irritation and she was able to finish the patrol quickly. Luckily it wasn't that much. So the annoyed female watied patiently for the next patrolee to come around and have a chat with her.

<style>
.rensdb-e05 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.rensdb-e05 b {color:#ffdd77;}
.rensdb-e05-b {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.rensdb-e05-name {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#bbaabb; text-shadow:#09121A 0px 0px 5px; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:16px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; padding:0px 25px;}
.rensdb-e05-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.rensdb-e05 {background-color:#999999; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TacbN.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bbaabb; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffddaa; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding: 3px 0px 270px 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... e_01-1.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 300px; ">

ooc: 324 wrods

She had given herself time, been patient as she waited for mind to clear, but even that wasn't being accomplished fast enough. With a heavy sigh the Nomad just gave up her attempt, exhaling a sharp breath then rose from her crouch. This was frustration. What on earth did she had to do at this rate? Outside of a recap of her past transgressions she couldn't think of anything else. And she was on the verge of doing just that. But each time she tried to do so, even utter it to herself, her throat closed and a sense of warning kept her silent. She didn't know how much longer she could keep withholding from herself.

X'yrin put herself in stride, with no aim to intent truly to guide her. The simply sound of her steps, the rustle of the fragrant blades would have to do this time around. Her heart was not even in listening to the songs of the birds, nor the chatter of the fodder as they scurried about in their business. It was when her eyes lifted from her own steps that she noticed the flora line that marked the Ichikan territory, the very border she had met the respected Jiryu. The scent of the pack was faint, left unmarked, not cared for in some time. She looked to the untended line indifferently, simply sighing and carrying on as she had; lifelessly.

Her dulled gaze eventually met the image of another ahead. Black haired and cloaked, the Nomad couldn't recall her face or name at all. Someone new perhaps? Or a resident she had yet to meet. Her usually enthusiasm wavered, coming off as little more than a forced smile and subtle nod of her unkempt head. Advancing slowly, she offered a soft whine of greeting, not even bothering to use her voice as a courtesy. Everything about this once vibrant female was off. And she didn't even know why.

[/html]
[html]

As the New-comer approached, Rendall could already tell that there was something wrong. Her natural instincts kicked in and she turned from angry into subtle indifferent. Business mode. As the bright colored female whined her greeting, the Kenpo couldn't help but think about herself after the monster Lucifer had gotten his dirty pawson her. She still hated herself for leaving Noah and wallowing in her pain and nightmares. This woman was depressed and personally was in no shape to be running borders. Rendall huffed in greeting to her whine, normally she was a fairly jumpy happy person. But with her trying to get her frustration under control it was hard not to say anything that would hurt the female. "So..your the new one. The name is Rendall, whats yours?" .

The woman moved to face her in a way that she was eye to eye to the quiet female. She wanted to meet her packmate face to face. After all, there was something that needed to be done to break the grey haze she seemed to be in."You seem to be down. Lets take a walk." Since the woman took care of the patrol for the moment, she decided to head back towards the cabin. She wandered if Noah was awake yet. She pushed the thought aside and moved from the forest to the open field about a mile or so away from her new found home. There she turned and headed up towards the Vineyard that she had inhabited for a while.."Care to have a drink with me?" She moved to the patio and once she was safe in the shade, she removed the cloak. She didn't feel like explaining her fur to the new one just yet, instead she remained looking like a regular, dark colored timber. Ren sat in the patio shade and waited for the woman to sit down with her.
[/html]
[html]

ooc: 362 words

Clouds of gloom hung over not only her head, but the other female's as well, though her voice was not sullen nor disposition depressed. The cloaked woman appeared less casual and more direct as she announced herself then requested hers in one breath. X'yrin found no fault in this encounter and simply left this to be the character of the other. No offense taken nor given. The Nomad nodded. "X'yrin," she uttered softly. "If you refer to me as another warrior, then yes... I am the new one." She brought a respectful paw to her chest, tilting her head slightly with eyes averted. "It is a pleasure Rendall to be an extension of your family." The structure of rank was still new to her, but she understood well enough the divisions within Ichika. Similar to the Nomad's structure, the pack was a whole divided into four families each with their own uniqueness.

She hardly had a moment to survey this extension of her family before she was right on her, peering deep into her eyes. Her advance in height kept some distance between them, but the scrutiny was so intimate she felt it would have been rude to suddenly jerk back, believing it would come off as offending. Rendall looked at her, noting with confidence or distraught demeanor. "I am," she agreed, feeling to reason to hide the obvious nor give an explanation. What did it matter if she was down? It wasn't as though help would suddenly appear if she explained the situation.

The smaller woman proceeded onward, beckoning for the Nomad to follow with a suggestion. There was nothing else for her to do at present, so she followed without complete, taking smaller steps behind the woman so as not to overstep with her lengthy strides. She did not complain or ask where they were going, trusting that wherever she was led would bring about some distraction. They strolled through the vineyard, mildly fragrant and void of life other than themselves. Silently she accompanied Rendall to the patio, seating herself beside the raven woman. She denied the offered drink with a slow shake, choosing instead to relish in the silence.

[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

In Character

The Kenpo watched carefully as the female took a seat next to her, with a look of pity in her eyes. The woman was obviously depressed and troubled about something. She seemed to be at war. It reminded her all too well of how she acted when she was with her brother's pack. Ah dear Vulcan, she missed him very much. She was very happy to see him no doubt, but nothing made her happier then seeing and being reunited with Noah.

Ren relaxed for a while, letting the cool air blow the old vine leaves around the area. This place always brought her peace. It was also where her mate had accepted her back into her heart. Her heart skipped but her mind darkened when she realized that they still had yet to seal their bond. Sure she loved him more than anything, and she didn't want to put him through anything, but it was still frustrating. She drew a few slow deep breaths an shoved the thoughts out of her mind. Instead she looked over at the female.

"You know.......As pack this makes us family. As family we look out for each other. So it worries me seeing you like this." She had remembered suddenly something very strange. The symbol of her old pack. There was a golden charm that Vulcan had always worn around his neck. The charm, he said, meant unity and family. Her father had given each of her siblings one before he was killed. Vulcan believed it was so that they would recognize each other should they be lost. Rendall looked over at the other Kenpo. "What is troubling your mind?" It was a bit demanding, but she felt the woman needed to get whatever was on her mind off it. Sometimes, Rendall had the answers, and when she didn't she knew someone who did. She kept her gaze on the female's but she kept it kind and comforting.

<style>
.rensdb-e05 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.rensdb-e05 b {color:#ffdd77;}
.rensdb-e05-b {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.rensdb-e05-name {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#bbaabb; text-shadow:#09121A 0px 0px 5px; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:16px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; padding:0px 25px;}
.rensdb-e05-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.rensdb-e05 {background-color:#999999; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TacbN.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bbaabb; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffddaa; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding: 3px 0px 270px 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: 326 words Nov. 5th

Pack made them family; a bond the Exultare never took lightly. However in the grand scheme of things, her own emotions taken into consideration, she did not feel like part of this family at the moment. She felt more alone now than she had when wandering the wild alone. The idea was absurd, really; being alone when in the midst of others. X'yrin had never experienced this and did not know how to change this unpleasant feeling.

Solemnly she turned to her concerned comrade, looking beyond her face as if peering into her own thoughts personified. "You needn't be worried," she whispered. To her ears they were spoken not as a comfort but as a means to convince herself that this was the truth. How pitiful that she couldn't even believe her own lie. Looking away from the other, she continued. "I am missing something, is all. That much I am certain of. But I don't understand why I still do..." X'yrin turned her gaze to her open hands, palms facing the air and stared deep into them as if the callous pads had the answers she sought.

"A part of me understands... There is a voice I can hear in the still hours of night, whispering answers to questions I have not asked. And yet when I am awake and thriving, I cannot remember the answers, only the confusing questions that plague me. Deep down, I know why my heart is empty... but I cannot bring the answer to the surface." She clasped her hands tightly, her claws digging angrily into her palms as they shook with rage aimed at herself. "I just want my answer so that I can move forward. I can't remain stuck in place like this..."

Her hands unfurled again opening her palms to her searching gaze. Her eyes were encompassed by grey... a searing, powerful grey with a relentless light that would not waver. "This is all so...terribly frustrating."

[/html]