The sky's the limit
[html]
OOC No worries. He's pretty intense and I can imagine it might be hard to play off him / +426

Augustus let the words wash over him like rain, taking a while to even bother deciphering their meaning. He held his tail high in dominance, and did not repent his words. He was almost triumphant to see the larger male show some sign of irritation. If it had been anyone else he was sure the argument would have come to blows by now. Augustus was a loner, but he’d been in a pack, his father had been the alpha and he’d seen him fight off challengers without breaking a sweat. He could not help but learn from his experience and gain insight to causing harm effectively with minimal damage to himself. This male was large- monstrously so-mutated, but Augustus was not small either. It mattered little if the male outweighed him. He was from the north, and a harsher climate could not be found. He could endure temperatures far below zero, survive awful blizzards, and go without food for up to two weeks. The months had trimmed down his fat stores, but they had also made his body harder. The muscle was no longer bulky upon his frame, but was lean and packed tightly beneath with steely sinew and tough tissue. His pelt was dense, double-layered and near impenetrable.

He showed his teeth inhaling and exhaling rapidly as his heart raced inside him. He narrowed his eyes and crouched with his head low. But then…the words hit home. His teeth retreated beneath his lips and he straightened in the slightest. Rage radiated from him, he reeked of it, but the stench was slowly drifting away. He ran the words through his head again and again and began to feel foolish. Despite all his attempts to be someone different from his father, he was becoming him. That thought reverberated through him. It filled him up. His tail dropped suddenly and he inhaled deeply and he stood normally. It was a few moments before he looked up at the male.

Nothing will bring my brother back… He started slowly, speaking quieter -pensive. Nor will it do to dwell on his killers. I will not let my fathers words linger. His eyes narrowed in the slightest on his. But do not expect me to trust your kind yet. I‘ve lost much on their behalf. He did not apologize, his words were clear. He was coming to, but realistically so. He’d heard Shaw’s words, and had altered himself because of them, but their truth would be weighed as time passed on, although he would no longer be so openly hostile.

<style type="text/css">
.auggy b {font-weight:bold; color:#5a8a62; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #08141a; }
.auggy p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.auggy {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#3a4a4d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/S2AeB.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 324px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#708589; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.auggy p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.auggy p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread