hold on to your kite
[html]

316 words

The small blonde woman’s warning made Vesper arch a brow questioningly, but then, with a flicker of understanding in her blue eyes, she nodded. Doubtless, the violent reputation of the fire clan was deserved; already she had been beaten to a bloody pulp by one of its members, and enough outsiders had spoken ill of it for her to know that there was some grounds for the aggressive coyote stereotype. “I can handle it,” she said aloud, smirking faintly. She had to be able to handle it, especially if she wanted to survive amongst the coyotes. Those who were unduly violent were below her respect, anyway, and she didn’t have reservations against being particularly nasty to someone she didn’t like. All her life she hadn’t needed anyone to like her, at least.

Curiously, the lupus-formed hybrid glanced at the blow pipe. “What is that?” she asked. She’d seen many odd objects in the hands of luperci before, and she didn’t think she would ever know the names of all the things they used. Many the former loner considered useless, but now that she had hands of her own, she might stop thinking that way.

Crushing the meadow grass under her pads, Vesper moved quietly beside her ruddy future comrade and swiveled her ears forward with interest. Her eyes darted over the shrubs, seeking some sort of movement, such as fidgeting rabbits or hiding game fowl.

The coywolf glanced over at Zana and nodded at her suggestion. She hadn’t truly hunted in optime before, so she was curious to see what methods Zana used. “Just let me know what you want me to do,” she added, knowing she was far below the actual Inferni member in rank. She didn’t usually open herself up for receiving orders, but she didn’t want to be sitting here awkwardly shuffling her paws while the small woman did all of the work.

<style type="text/css">
.vespstalk b {font-weight:bold; color:#ab4a19; letter-spacing:1px;}
.vespstalk t {font-style:italic; color:#ab4a19; letter-spacing:1px;}
.vespstalk .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:5px 10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.vespstalk p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.vespstalk {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#f1f3f2; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/6fnz0w.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: garamond, sans-serif; font-size:15px; color:#7d7e7d; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread