sassafras roots.
[html]

It has been a ridiculously long time since I've RPed a hunt scene. >__>

NOT SO TOUGH FOUND OUT

Tedros’ previous pack was predominantly wolf. He had held a high position amongst the ranks simply because of how long he had been there. But like most average wolf packs, submission and dominance was key to the success of the hierarchy. But back here, in Inferni, such signs were not as commonplace. He himself had shown submission to Ezekiel at the border only for it to be shrugged off as wolf-only behavior. So when this muddled-hued wolf – who was more than twice his weight, and less than half his age – started submitting to the Praeses, he couldn’t help but chuckle a little bit. A smile crossed his maw and Ted motioned his head upwards, communicating that it wasn’t necessary.

He stated his purpose; or, at least, some vague explanation as to why he was around. The Aquila name-drop was enough for Tedros to relax from his border duties. Although he knew he shouldn’t trust everything a stranger said, Barry (as he introduced himself) seemed to be a pretty relaxed guy. Tedros Talik had met his fair share of canines with evil intentions along the borders of his previous pack, and Barry didn’t show any of the normal signs of knavery. Besides, he wanted company. What could go that wrong if Tedros was with him the entire time?

“I haven’t seen Ezekiel around this morning,” Tedros said honestly, eyes focusing on the other’s face. His stomach growled loudly. “But I’m glad you’re here. I haven’t eaten a decent meal in weeks.” The coyote shifted his weight, raising his nose into the air to get a better smell of their soon-to-be lunch. “My name’s Tedros Talik,” the Praeses added.

He maneuvered his body so he was facing the direction of the herd, trotting quietly until he was close enough to see the individual deer. Together, the wolf and coyote had a much better chance of killing a deer, but it was still going to be a challenge. Tedros considered shifting into his Halfling form, but decided to discuss their tactics first. Sometimes stealth was more important than strength.

“I say we go for the doe on the edge of the pack,” he whispered to the other, waiting to hear any other ideas.

(WORD COUNT — 370)

<style>
.tedros p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.tedros b {color:#ffffff; text-shadow:#09121A 0px 0px 2px;}
.tedros {width:402px; border:1px solid #543425; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.tedros-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#ffffff; text-shadow:#09121A 0px 0px 5px; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:16px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; padding:5px 8px;}
.tedros-ooc {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.tedros-wc {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:9px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:bold; text-align:center;}
.tedros2 {background-color:#e0cbb3; border:1px solid #ffffff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#543425; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; padding: 3px 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread