once upon & once up high
[html]
I AM SO SLOW. -begs forgiveness-

The demeanor of the women was calming. Her sister had been the last wolf from whom she had felt this kind of warmth. With the memory of the spunky, innocent girl threatening to sting her, Dusk focused her softened gaze on the faces of the gentle ladies and seated herself comfortably, her plush tail encircling her forelegs.

They painted a beautiful picture of companionship, acceptance and love. Dusk suspected no exaggeration, for they both displayed their genuine attitudes as they spoke to her - the smaller female curling up at the X'yrin's feet without hesitating, and the other speaking of her family with almost overwhelming adoration. Dusk had been secluded for too long. What she was seeing now touched her far too deeply, breaking through her stony exterior with infuriating ease. She clamped her jaw tightly, tensing against the emotion and thinking herself pathetic for feeling anything at all.

Her stiff jaws parted when it was her turn to answer, but before she could, a whirl of feathers appeared and a pretty bird landed on the woman's kindly extended arm. While X'yrin seemed unaware of the newcomer, its sudden presence stole Dusk's attention. She stared for a few seconds; she was enamored with winged creatures and had toyed with the idea of taming one. Blinking away the distraction, she returned her gaze to Ichika wolves. I am from a short distance east, but I have explored the area between here and there for the past few years. For her, a nomads life was blurry. It was hard to remember anything specific when she had spent those years wandering through nothing, self-absorbed and unhappy.

She offered a small grin to the cordial women. I plan to join a pack... soon, she said softly. But I am not ready yet. I won't forget what you've told me about your home, though. It seems delightful.

<style type="text/css">
.razedusktree b {font-weight:bold; color:#cbd0d2; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.razedusktree .ooc {padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.razedusktree p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.razedusktree {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#132f55; background-image:url(http://i42.tinypic.com/v74ayw.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:15px; padding: 400px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:#132f55 0px 0px 2px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread