once upon & once up high
[html]
She's at the borders north of Wentwork Valley, if that works. Smile Forward dated to Nov. 19

As she traveled further south, following the faint trial of her sister, she was surprised that her first vision of the vast lands where her sibling supposedly lived was a claimed territory, the borders marked with a golden plain. The cocoa wolfdog was eager to continue her search to the South, where Sky's scent was leading her. This place was new to her, and despite her impatience to conquer her deepest guilt, the woman paused at the borders of the unknown pack, slowly lowering herself to her slim haunches and gazing with curious glowing embers into the forest of the claimed territory.

If she was going to live happily here, it was important to learn as much as she could about the packs of the area and the nature of the wolves who inhabited them. She was not eager to encounter strangers; she had tried to remain as far away from canine life as possible, until now. It was not an option anymore. Nothing had been working for her for the past many years (perhaps her entire life). The only option that remained was change, as deeply as she dreaded it.

Her expression was stoic and dead. Dark muzzle lifted toward the sunny sky and emitted a haunting song to alert the wolves of this unknown pack of her presence, at once wary and excited.

<style type="text/css">
.razedusktree b {font-weight:bold; color:#cbd0d2; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.razedusktree .ooc {padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.razedusktree p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.razedusktree {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#132f55; background-image:url(http://i42.tinypic.com/v74ayw.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:15px; padding: 400px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:#132f55 0px 0px 2px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... e_01-1.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 300px; ">

ooc: 320 Words

The cries of her companion owl were what brought her ritual border marking to an abrupt halt. As she lifted her muzzle skyward in awe of her companion's graceful aerobatics, her ears perked forward at the sound of a call, unfamiliar and curious. The woman hadn't heard such a sound in a long time and it filled her with excitement, her trembling maw eager to respond. A guest! This was news worth the screeching of her avian friend and warranted her full attention.

The Nomad left the borders as they were, still drenched in Ichika scent but the flowers had yet to be rearranged. She could come back to them provided time permitted. Hastily, she pulled herself to stand on Optime legs and proceeded with lengthy strides. Her towering form strode across the land with purpose, albeit casually so as not to come off as overly eager. No need to frighten the perspective off with her over zealous show. Since her reunion with her adoring ompre Saluce, the warrior was in fairly better spirits, more eager to act, to reclaim her part of the pack family than distance herself as she had been. Her actions now were all part of this claim.

Once she had crossed the valley, the woman let her voice sing in greeting to the other, bidding welcome as well as patience. As she neared the border, she was not stunned, but elated to see a wolf upon four legs... though the face was clearly not all wolf. She was reminded of the brief encounter she had had with another of similar build and facial structure, but lacked the more slender nose of the other. A hybrid...but of another kind. Her tail waved excitedly as she lifted a hand, palm forward, in greeting. "Good day to you," she uttered softly, offering her welcome in a subtle bow. "To whom do I have the pleasure of greeting?"

[/html]
[html]

The breeze played gently at the ruff of her fur, like the fingers of an unknown entity attempting to soothe her. The cool wind that mingled in the smooth tendrils of her fur comforted her just enough to betray a sudden calmness in her previously wild, burning eyes. She hoped that her presence would not trigger hostility from the pack wolf who would inevitably find her. She could not handle confrontation, and if faced with it, she would disappear from this place before any kind of conflict arose.

She shifted her weight from one paw to the other, but the woman was otherwise still. Coffee-tipped ears perked eagerly when a call suddenly drifted through the field. She initially stiffened, eyes darting in alarm. The call that had answered hers was not angry, but warm.

Dusk watched the brilliantly auburn and gold werewolf approach with caution, nose twitching for her smell. The friendly demeanor gradually put the melancholy Kratuk at ease. As the woman gave a courteous bow, Dusk merely stared, brow lifting in innocent observation of the others benevolent attitude. She responded with a curt smile and a subtle nod of her slender muzzle. And to you, she returned dully. I am Dusk. I... just arrived in these lands, and yours is the first pack I have come upon.

After a brief pause, she asked, What is your name...?

<style type="text/css">
.razedusktree b {font-weight:bold; color:#cbd0d2; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.razedusktree .ooc {padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.razedusktree {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#132f55; background-image:url(http://i42.tinypic.com/v74ayw.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:15px; padding: 400px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:#132f55 0px 0px 2px;}
</style>[/html]
She had finally got a break from Sarian. The little pup was wearing her out and it was about time Shiloh got out and did something. She was out looking for wood, her charm bracelet from Also clanking softly as she moved though the surrounding woods. Also made her heart race and her knees shake. He made her feel beautiful and Shiloh wanted to be with him. Sarian made her happy but Aleo made her feel something other then the pain she normally had. She had been dreaming about him again since their last visit and she couldn't wait to see him again.

Shiloh had been lost in thought when she heard the call of a new stranger. Someone to make friends with. Shiloh put down her things and ran in her secui form, the autumn wind running though her thickining fur. She approached the boarders only to see X'yrin already there. Last time the two had talked X'yrin had been extremely down. She seemed to be in higher spirits now and Shiloh smiled at the woman softly
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... e_01-1.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 300px; ">

ooc: 343 Words

X'yrin was much too elated to be depressed by the other's lack of enthusiasm. Not all were like her, and some would take her kindly demeanor as a little off-putting, she had come to learn. All she could do on that front was acknowledge when her demeanor caused unrest and adjust it accordingly. She dialed her smile down a little from its blinding beam to a soft, assuring light, even growling softly to press upon the hybrid lupine that she was not in any danger. “It is a pleasure to meet you Dusk,” she increased her subtle dip to a cordial bow, auburn locks cascading down her shoulder with unruly bangs covering her eyes. The woman hastily combed them back, smiling sheepishly. “I am called X’yrin, a Nomad. It was not long ago that like you, I came to these borders. I must admit, this is a treat to see another of the wild…”

Her words were meant purely to relate with the other instead of making a jab at her origins. Yet it hadn’t sounded to innocent once the woman replayed her supposedly comforting words. What if this female was not from the wild and the scent that clung to her was that of an old pack? It was rather foolish to assume such a thing, especially on the first encounter. Accordingly the Nomad lowered her ears, expecting the lash of an offended tongue for her assumption, yet in her defense she uttered quietly. “I do apologize if this is not the case. However it is nice to see another new face.”

The woman’s nose was tickled by the scent of familiarity, thankful for the fates’ distraction to devote her attention to. She turned, spying the petite form of the lady Shiloh bounding toward them and offered her paw in greeting. She noticed much to her (surprising) displeasure the little bundle Sarian was not with her. Was she with her other caretaker? “Goodday Shiloh,” she offered none the less, then gestured with an open paw to their prospective guest. “We have company.”

[/html]
[html]

Dusk was not displeased by the Luperci's amiability, nor did it annoy her. In the several months before, the hybrid wolfdog had shied from the slightest acknowledgement from her own kind, even if it was friendly. She often responded with agitated rudeness, just to get others away from her. The change that had come over her was unnerving. She took no notice of other's faltering smile, merely watched the bow that was offered her, amused. This was definitely not a pack to fear.

X'yrin, as she introduced herself, began with an interesting observation that left Dusk curious. They were all from the wild - obviously, that could not be the wolfess's meaning. By the time Dusk had decided she implied being not of a pack, a worried shift had come over X'yrin's features. Her nervously reply seemed rather strange, since she had said nothing offensive. It may have been incorrect, but not offensive. Dusk shook her head at the apology, her eyes brighter now with mirth. The woman needn't have been so conscious of her words, but Dusk preferred not to point that out, and luckily, she did not have time to.

The next would have been a pretty little wolf had not her form been rent with scars and her ribs visible through her skin. Dusk glanced over at her with pity, wondering what had happened to distort her figure. Dusk. she spoke to Shiloh after the X'yrin had greeted her. Then, her pumpkin eyes shifted mildly from one to the other, addressing them both as she said, Would you tell me about this place? Your pack, and the packs around it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Shiloh could see the woman's pity as she told her her name. She was getting rather tired of that look but decided to answer the woman's questions. "This is Ichika no Hoen and we have Anathema and a few other packs that I don't know of. I am not orgianlly from this area. People in this pack are nice for the most part. X'yrin is one of those people." She said with a smile to the woman. She hoped the woman understood and Shiloh walked over to X'yrin and lay at her feet. She was comfortable with X'yrin there but Aleo... Aleo made her feel different. She wondered how her daughter and Kiara were doing. She really needed Aleo in her life.

"Do you seek a pack? I have been though three packs and this one has a many great wolves. We are family here." She said softly looking at the woman.
[html]

ooc: 322 Words

The Nomad always applauded curiosity, and this moment was no exception. Brilliant light returned to her face as the darker lady's inquiry was made and promptly taken by Shiloh. Her tail swayed at leisure, whining adoringly to the young girl as she bid the warrior a compliment. "It is true, we are a family here," she added on top of the younger girl's claim. "However it is deeper than that. We seek to grow bonds with each other not only through the tasks we share but through interaction and events. It was not long ago that we had a celebration; Samhain, bringing together members of different tasks to rejoice."

Such bonding acts the woman was very fond of and it showed through her exuberant tone. The way her voice seemed to swell with awe, exhaling rolling octaves of mirth. "We are a gathering of many wolves," she continued. "With varying creeds and abilities seeking to find solace within each other and bring the best out of each other. But there lies the challenge; it is not easy to do so, but we are rewarded generously when we have met these personal goals." The Nomad brought a hand to her chest whilst humbly lowering her head. "I speak of this from experience, having been worn by the trials, but made better by them in the end."

As she righted herself once more, the Nomad extended her hand in gesture, offering the woman a chance to speak. Again the practices of her culture rearing itself. Mistaking the extending arm as a gesture to rest, her eve watchful companion swept down to claim the arm for himself. His descend was silent, not even a hoot as he fell upon her forearm then hopped awkwardly to rest upon her shoulder. "But if I may ask Dusk," she continued as if the creature's presence warranted no specialized attention. "Where do you hail from? Have you traveled far?"

[/html]
[html]
I AM SO SLOW. -begs forgiveness-

The demeanor of the women was calming. Her sister had been the last wolf from whom she had felt this kind of warmth. With the memory of the spunky, innocent girl threatening to sting her, Dusk focused her softened gaze on the faces of the gentle ladies and seated herself comfortably, her plush tail encircling her forelegs.

They painted a beautiful picture of companionship, acceptance and love. Dusk suspected no exaggeration, for they both displayed their genuine attitudes as they spoke to her - the smaller female curling up at the X'yrin's feet without hesitating, and the other speaking of her family with almost overwhelming adoration. Dusk had been secluded for too long. What she was seeing now touched her far too deeply, breaking through her stony exterior with infuriating ease. She clamped her jaw tightly, tensing against the emotion and thinking herself pathetic for feeling anything at all.

Her stiff jaws parted when it was her turn to answer, but before she could, a whirl of feathers appeared and a pretty bird landed on the woman's kindly extended arm. While X'yrin seemed unaware of the newcomer, its sudden presence stole Dusk's attention. She stared for a few seconds; she was enamored with winged creatures and had toyed with the idea of taming one. Blinking away the distraction, she returned her gaze to Ichika wolves. I am from a short distance east, but I have explored the area between here and there for the past few years. For her, a nomads life was blurry. It was hard to remember anything specific when she had spent those years wandering through nothing, self-absorbed and unhappy.

She offered a small grin to the cordial women. I plan to join a pack... soon, she said softly. But I am not ready yet. I won't forget what you've told me about your home, though. It seems delightful.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]