This fire burns me
Gemma is pretty much balancing on the edge between sanity and madness Xd a lot more than she usually is. She doesn't deal with change well XD Even being rescued from Gabriel freaked her out so much that she spent a week gibbering senseless words. I also see it as Matteo came and set down to the left of her Big Grin
300+

Her short ivory hair danced as his breath kissed against it, caressing her cheeks and jawline. Gemma was such a sad individual and had never felt the vestiges of true happiness within her entire life. Like a child being excited to see its parent, a lover excited to see their other, sister to sister or brother, a youngster listening to tales from the elderly. It had all been taken, stolen from her by a thief in plain sight. Maybe if it had not been Lucifer that had sired her she would have grown up normally, with a mother who loved her and didn't bite and claw, a father that didn't rape or touch inappropriately, siblings that played instead of staring coldly.

Cruelly condemned to spend life on the sidelines, always watching but never joining in. Never feeling the exuberance of youth and the rush of a first love. The heart break or sorrow that came with growing up. In some ways Gemma was still a child, a frightened and lost child desperately crying out into that consuming blackness for someone to light a candle and guide her out of the misery and confusing endless hatred. Maybe Matteo could be that guide if she could let herself give him a chance to prove his worth. He sat down next to her and against all of her common sense and failing instincts she moved closer to him and rested her face against his. The wordless comfort helped a lot.

A scarred bald hand made its way to her equally bald and marked stomach, their was no fur to grip onto there so the hand just laid on the skin, the prickle of new fur already growing from the maze of silver puckered scars. Once again her will had failed and her children had died,

"I know." She wouldn't offer up her own words yet, she couldn't for fear it would break everything. Change was hard to normal people but to her well.. Matteo was lucky she wasn't speaking nonsense and trying to set her fur on fire again. Her free arm, her left one looped around his right arm and her hand nudged its way almost demanding into his. He was the one constant in this world that had shifted around her now,

"Change is scary. I don't like change but I want to make this work."

Messages In This Thread