the heaven is in sight
[html]

(441)

Eris is by Kiri!

The dark woman was glad to hear of the other canine's intent to trade. She herself believed in gifting, of course, but she was stingy with her gift, and rarely extended such favor on strangers. Salsola was the primary recipient of Eris's love. This other canine was friendly enough, grinning broadly at Eris, and the dark woman did return a more muted smile of her own, signaling her openness continue the conversation. If she had not wished to keep on with it, of course, the sable-shaded hybrid would have whirled on her heel and stalked away. If she was in a truly terrible mood, she might have set the Arbiters out here after the woman. No such notion arose in Eris, however, and she was content to listen to the other woman a moment longer before her response, considering the name dilemma.

Eris did not doubt all these things lurked in the woman's wagon, and the dark hybrid took a step closer, mindful of the horse-like creature. It was like the hooved equines within Salsola, no doubt, but the dark woman had never seen one quite so stout, nor with such marvelously long ears. The hybrid was more interested in the wares of the woman with the painted cheeks rather than her companions, however, and she leaned forward to peek into the wagon, still a distance away. Mistrustful Eris, she was. Her tail flickered a few times and she considered both questions before responding, her voice merry with mischief. Discordia, if you must call me something, the coyote chirped, the pleasantry in her voice genuine. Such a name was not her true name, no, but it was the reflection of her name, if she understood the mythos comparison correctly.

I would see your weapons, of course. Exotic seeds, perhaps? I am quite the gardener, and I do so like things which produce a certain condition in the head, the woman said, rapping a finger against her skull to emphasize the effects she desired. Such things elevated one's spirit and disconnected it from the physical body -- they were ever so useful for the purposes that drove Eris. She herself did not, in reality, cultivate such plants, but Chione needn't know about Salsola's garden. And your demand -- you would wish for me to draw a spirit to you? she inquired, almost casually. She expected further explanation of what it was she was to do, and she had yet to agree to it. Then again, Chione's wares were not yet in hand. Either was still free to walk away from the bargain, for the moment.

<style>
#erisKiri {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#erisKiri p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#erisKiri p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#erisKiri .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#erisKiri .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisKiri b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisKiri u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisKiri b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread