the heaven is in sight
[html]

(521)

Eris is by Alaine!

Eris had come across the name in much the same way she had come across Salsola's marking. There was mythology behind her name, and she wondered if Kaena had known this mythology. The dark hybrid did not know her mother well enough to say whether she had known such mythology existed or she had simply liked the name. Eris supposed she'd never know -- it was not as if she would visit her mother over there in Inferni anytime soon. The scarred hybrid was probably dead or close to it by now, anyway. There was no point in visiting a corpse.

And yet -- she did, over and over and over. The spot where she had burned Shibboleth with Larkspur -- that sharp cliff on the very edge of the pack's territory, just beside the tangled boscage of twisting, gnarled bushes. This was a grave-site, in a sense, though there was no marker and there had been no body. Shibboleth's bones were small and they had burned to ash and small, blackened bits. Larkspur and Eris had not cleaned or swept this up, but instead, they simply let the earth retake the firepit.

The coyote knew such a place was of spiritual power, but she could not take Chione deep into Salsola's territory, nor did she want to. That was alright, though. The river was power. Churning and spilling, on and on forever. Eris had thought Liliya funny when she suggested there was magic in the river, but now the dark hybrid believed it. Rivers were places where spirits could come together and co-mingle, and the hybrid believed their power would be enough for Chione's purposes. She stepped closer to examine the woman's wares -- now that they were out, she was too curious to resist close proximity to the outsider.

One of the seeds looked to be simple marijuana. They had this, but Eris knew there were strains of different potency. It was to be considered. The others were exotic and unfamiliar to her; the dark woman considered them and the blades carefully, nodding as Chione spoke to show her understanding. For her part, Eris wished to speak as little as possible. It was easier to avoid revealing information this way, and they needn't know anything of each other to provide services exchanged, did they? I would take a few of those two kinds of seeds, -- she pointed out the exotic pair -- and and sturdy knife, if you say my price is fair, the coyote said after listening to her speak of spirits.

I do not guarantee I can summon this spirit. My strengths are in foresight and omens, not spirits. I will try, though, and I ask for payment regardless of the ritual's success, she warned, wishing to make absolutely sure her meaning was not misunderstood. Chione looked like a bright canine, of course, but Eris believed it was best to be clear and exact about trading terms. We will need a sacrifice, she added. This last was spoken nonchalantly, with a clearly casual tone, as if this was some mere trifle.

<style>
#erisAlaine {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#erisAlaine p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#erisAlaine p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#erisAlaine .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:11px;
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#erisAlaine .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisAlaine b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisAlaine u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisAlaine b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisAlaine b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisAlaine b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread