Magicians and Fools
[html]

Caspa followed behind her new companion, mind still ticking along its mechanical, inventor-like tracks. Of course, they would need props that drew the eye: drew attention. The point of tricks, indeed, was to be underhand and difficult to detect - that was the only way they could be pulled off without notice. But in a performance situation, the distraction or cover provided had to be something produced at the exact same time as the trick was being carried out, and it had to be flashy and lively in order to keep attention safely distracted. Actions, words and gestures could probably do that, but so too could interesting props. At the other side of the hotel, the rooms seemed larger and more communal and this was where Terra led the mismatched pair to before choosing a room with red furnishings and scattered human paraphernalia. The angular wolf-dog placed her hands on her hips as she inspected the interior. "I think perhaps the mirror. I wonder if we could turn it into a box to hide things in." She would not know how to even begin that experiment. It might be worth a try though. She lifted the little mirror down and coughed again as dust rose from the frame. "Shall we make this quick? I want to breathe outdoors air again," Caspa inquired with a pained expression. "How about I finish off this floor and you skim the ground floor, just taking hold of anything that looks possible and we'll meet at the front?"

<style type="text/css">
.caspaseaview b {font-weight:bold; color:#212527; letter-spacing:1px; }
.caspaseaview .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#4d5050}
.caspaseaview p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.caspaseaview {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#e8ebe9; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yDXkc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 8px 0px 206px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#434644; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

table image credit to Burksy@flickr
[/html]

Messages In This Thread