Magicians and Fools
[html]

Word Count :: 3+Sometime around the 25th November?! Big Grin

She was searching for somewhere safe to practice with her knives. It had to be wide open or protected, so she didn't risk hitting anyone, but she wanted shelter too, because the November wind was beginning to be nippy, and she didn't have the benefit of a true-wolf coat. Caspa eventually decided that there was no place like home, and found a corner of the hotel she didn't expect to see anybody - a long and long-empty corridor on the same floor as her own room. Like that room, the windows here had lost their glass and the grey November light was just strong enough to light up her throwing practice. She started by sending the blades spinning down the hall to make small nicks in a wooden target she'd hastily erected, just a round tabletop with the legs sawn off. She aimed for the centre, and hit it a few times with a satisfying thud. She kept pacing forwards and back, changing up the distance and the hand she was using. After a few repetitions, she had an idea, and attempted to throw two knives with the same hand. They both hit the wall with a horrible grating sound, and she winced. Two more blades to sharpen. Caspa retrieved them, and facing the other way, started to move down the hallway, throwing knives from one hand into the other. This was a lot harder, and dangerous. She had to let each knife make a complete turn before grasping the handle. One came rather close to her neck, brushing against the fur on her chest as it completed its arc and she caught it with a hasty hand, not noticing it had deftly unhooked her pendant chain. Concentrating fully on the throws and catches, the mongrel lady didn't even hear it tinkle to the ground, nor noticed her short-stepping foot kick it across the floor and through the banisters to tumble to the level below. She had three knives going at once now, and could not afford to drop or fumble a single one, but her mind was as sharp as the points due to months now of mental focus training and her concentration was absolute.

Image courtesy of ®DS @ flickr; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_Fred1 .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.K22911_Fred1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_Fred1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#5a6f80; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_Fred1 {background-color:#e7e8e9; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #bcbec1; line-height:16px; width:427px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/899/casx.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:211px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #232312; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_Fred1-border {width:429px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC

Terra was heading outside when something hit her head. Blinking in surprise she looked down to find a glittery necklace. She didn't stop to think, picking it up and putting it around her neck. It was so pretty! Humming slightly Terra spun around, watching the gold catch the light. Delighted with her prize Terra sat down right where she was, playing with the necklace.

Cheerfully she reflected the light off it, bouncing it into several corners. Terra rubbed at the edges, trying to figure out how it was made. She hadn't seen anything like it before, not even on Strel. He wore beautiful clothing, but nothing like this pretty shiny things. Terra removed it from her neck, playing with it in her hands. Mildly she wondered where it had come from, but it had hit her, so it belonged to her now. Terra had no need to know where it came from.

<style type="text/css">
.terrra b {font-weight:bold; color:#116f77; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #041f22; }
.terrra p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.terrra {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#31515c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/K8FCs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#558888; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.terrra p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.terrra p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 3+

Taptaptaptap went the knife hilts against the palms of her hands, her pupils dots of telescopic observation. She could not afford to speed up or slow down. Rhythm had to be maintained. But each time she lost a little balance, she had to take a step. As the pattern became more out of control, the steps got quicker and closer together. All were forwards, now, and she could not remove her eyes from the blades to see what was coming. Caspa knew it would be very easy to halt her throwing action and gather the hilts safely in one hand, then restart newly composed, but she had the perfectionists drive to improve and always felt she had to push right to her limits. Wobbling onwards just a few more steps, she would stop - but then something solid stopped her, and she was very lucky that it was a window-ledge that knocked against her abdomen, because the empty opening was easy for her to lean through, continue the forward momentum and make the one-two-three easy save of the flying knives. No one was there to see her slight flourish as she caught the third while her whole upper half leaned over a tree-high drop. Caspa was not without showmanship, despite her spartan aesthetic. Pleased, she backed up, rolling her wrists to loosen the joints, then her shoulders and her neck to prepare to begin again - but something felt wrong, and her empty hand flew to her throat to hunt for the minute clinking object that usually punctuated a movement like that. Nothing. The impact of her striking the windowsill, and her forward jerk into the outside world must have thrown it off. And now, it would lie in the tangle of garden below. The thought was one of heartstopping doom and the vision of many tedious hours ahead. Unless a magpie found it first. Concerned, Caspa pegged it for the stairs - something she was getting very accomplished at, living up here - and started the descent with one hand gliding along the banister, the other still holding the three knives. As she approached the door she saw a woman sitting and facing towards the same exit, and swiftly braked in a bid not to collide with, or unnerve this relatively new Cour member with her strangeness - not any more than she could help anyway. She didn't want to just dash past her unacknowledged, so spoke to Terra's back, unable to see the necklace in the other's hands. "Hey, I don't believe we've met."

<style>
.K22911_Fred1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#5a6f80; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_Fred1 {background-color:#e7e8e9; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #bcbec1; line-height:16px; width:427px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/899/casx.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:211px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #232312; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_Fred1-border {width:429px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC

Terra jumped at the other's words, bracing for a quick escape. Being a thief did not lend to one having a peaceful peace of mind. Being raised in a pack where dropping your guard lead to being tackled or tricked had made that tendency even worse. Despite the dog's friendly intentions, Terra's hackles stood up, the necklace firmly grasped in one hand. Her mind raced before it finally caught up with what had been said. Relaxing Terra grinned at the strange looking canine.

No, we haven't. I'm fairly new to the pack still, just getting used to the lands. Those words reminded Terra what her original task had been before finding the necklace. It didn't really matter though. Exploring the lands could wait for another time. Being acquainted with pack members was more important. Politely Terra sniffed the dog, adding her scent to her memory. The dog was older than her, and had been recently working out. The scent of sweat clung to her, exciting her resting mind. What were you doing?

<style type="text/css">
.terrra b {font-weight:bold; color:#116f77; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #041f22; }
.terrra {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#31515c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/K8FCs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#558888; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 0

Her concerns were made flesh as the once easy-seated girl stiffened warily, and it was a relief to see the grin transform her expression. "Well I'll say welcome to Cour des Miracles then, although I haven't been here so long either. My name's Caspa and I have a room upstairs. Do you plan to stay?" So often her question to newcomers. Perhaps she put just a little too much importance upon matters of allegiance and loyalty. She liked to know where she stood. It always seemed strange to her when canines chose to go away of their own accord, not even dispersing children or outcast miscreants. The easy movement had been a benefit to her, of course, having now acquaintances in various neighbouring lands.

"I was practicing with my knives and I dropped something important out the window." This was said with a bite to her tone, as she was most irritated with herself now. She couldn't have fastened the clasp properly. "I guess I'm going to walk around there and find it." She rolled her eyes, sighing. Caspa was not looking forward to the frustration of searching for the proverbial needle in the haystack. She'd rather stay here and get better acquainted with this fire-coloured newcomer.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC

She was sorry to hear that her pack mate had lost something important, but bristled at Caspa's words. Did she really think that Terra would so easily abandon her pack? She'd been forced to leave her home once, and wasn't planning on ever doing that again. I'll stay here until I'm driven away or die. It took effort to keep the bite out of her tone. Terra's normally calm demeanor was ruffled at the slight. She may not be the most honorable person, but Terra was definitely loyal. Those who thought otherwise were just wrong.

Of course this dog didn't know that. Terra forced herself to relax, letting her fur fall back down. I don't really have anything to do. Why don't I help? Helping someone out was definitely something that a loyal pack mate would do. Without really understanding why Terra found herself driven to prove herself worthy in the female's eyes. She didn't know it was a dormant instinct that had been ignited, one that told her to challenge all that stood against her.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 0

A methodical creature usually, this dog was already beginning to be concerned about getting this search over with, so her response was a clipped but approving "Huh. Commendable." Hardly a fitting response, the wolf had reacted with passion to her casual question. She must have stepped on her toes slightly somehow, but not knowing her in the slightest - not even a name - Caspa knew she wouldn't be able to work out why even if she tried, so she didn't bother. It couldn't be too serious, as the black-legged woman was now offering to help search. Caspa half-smiled and gave a quick nod. She didn't know what drove the other's generosity, assuming sheer goodwill, but anyhow it was very welcome fortune. "You make an offer I can't refuse, er," She didn't have anything ready to plug this gap with. "I'd better know your name if you're going to be my assistant. Come, this way - it fell to the other side of the building." Caspa wedged the three knives into a knothole of the doorframe before exiting, plaits swinging as she moved with quick intent.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC

Terra wasn't exactly sure what to do with the necklace as Caspa strode off. For a moment she thought about placing it with the knives before fastening it around her own neck. She hurried to catch up with the silvery dog. Terra. My name's Terra. What are we looking for? Terra began scanning the ground for something that could be important. Food, weapons, medical supplies, even a blanket was possible. Searching in her optime form was rather clumsy. With a stretch Terra shifted into her lupine, putting her nose to the ground.

The area appeared to be undisturbed, but since the object had been dropped from a window it was expected. Terra concentrated on looking for things that would bear the dog's scent. She didn't have much luck picking up on anything. Reluctantly she backed up, making room for the other to look around. I don't smell anything unusual. The only scent that was new to her was the faint tinge of metal from the necklace she wore.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Caspa didn't answer right away as she was counting fourth-floor windows, trying to figure out which one she'd nearly fallen out of but they all looked the same and there were so damn many. She scowled up at the wall, wishing she'd hung something out of it to mark the place. Terra's additional comment distracted her in her futile attempt. "You wouldn't smell it. It is very small. A piece of jewellery." The sepia wolf had shifted effeciently to her four-legged form and Caspa raised her brows, appreciative of her dexterity. Though Caspa was a little taller than the other female anyway, she always felt outrageously tall when around a lupus while in optime herself. But if she shifted now, all her work with her cornrows would be undone so she stayed as she was, bending low to part the tufts of grass here and there. She was really beginning to feel doomed now - the lawn was long and unkempt and a small silver chain with a golden M could be anywhere.

"We should take a line each. If I look along the wall, and you go a small distance away. Then we can comb up and down until we get far enough away. We will have found it by then." Yeah, right. And the hotel wasn't a small distance end to end, either. She wouldn't blame Terra if, on learning that it was jewellery that was missing, she decided the task wasn't worth it after all. Caspa at least owed it to her faith and her family to search as long as she possibly could. A glint caught her eye and she pounced on it, but her prize was nothing more than a white pebble.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC

Softly Terra nodded her agreement. What's jewelry? Her tail lowered in embarrassment. Knowing things like this hadn't mattered where she'd grown up. All these missing pieces were embarrassing though. Many of the luperci seemed so much brighter than her, though it was a mere difference of culture. It wouldn't be so bad if the need to be found valuable didn't burn so hard. She watched her companion leap on a glittering pebble. Was jewelry something glittery then?

With the picture of something shiny in her mind Terra trotted over to her section. Carefully she combed the ground, poking her nose through the various plants that stood in her way. It was slow and tedious, digging through the plants. Each leaf and branch was examined to see if the jewelry had been caught. In just a few short feet Terra had collected a small pile of shiny objects. A piece of slightly rusted metal, stones that glittered, and even a worn out piece of cloth sat in the pile. None of them seemed to be what Caspa was looking for though.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

She had adopted a strange crouching gait now, stalking along the perimeter of the bricks with both legs bending like a contortionist to allow her to get as near to the ground as possible. Her hands brushed through the grasses and weeds. She paused with one knee on the ground, swivelling her upper body - still taller than Terra here, she was looking at her from a lofty enough angle that the necklace still wasn't visible dangling below the other's neckfur. What was jewellery? It could be so many things. Rings were jewellery, and so were tiaras. She wasn't sure how to sum up the species as a whole, and somehow didn't think to describe the individual item they sought - Terra's question had been in general, and so that was the line Caspa's answer took. "I suppose it means anything you can wear that isn't clothes." This was such a guesswork of a definition that Caspa couldn't help but smile ruefully, but was unable to do better. "You'll know it when you see it. It's unusual, shiny, made of metal." She was running up against the limit of her own ignorance now - she didn't actually know how it had been made or where her clan had got the strange pendants from, but they'd always seemed to have plenty, all pretty much identical. This didn't make hers any less valuable - she wasn't ever going back to Samira, so she couldn't get another one.

Scouring the foliage was beginning to get dull. Caspa wasn't going to give in, but she was starting to itch with frustration. "Might be faster for us to train a few squirrels to do the job," she muttered and flicked a charcoal glance at Terra, a playful curve on her usually static lip. "Are you any good with animals?" She could fetch her chickens, but they were more likely to accidentally bury the necklace while trying to dig up a worm than to retrieve it for her.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC This is pretty funny. The necklace isn't even lost!

Caspa's description of jewelry sounded a lot like the beautiful item she'd found. The necklace had clasped around her neck quite nicely. It was metal, shiny, and could be worn. Hearing Caspa's attempt at humor Terra glanced up. She was not amused in anyway. Caspa's impatience stood out for Terra. It was like a beacon calling for attack. Slowly Terra lifted up one leg, lazily scratching behind her ear. Now that she knew the female's weakness Terra would use it to her advantage.

I'm afraid I'm rather lousy with animals. I never thought about them beyond food. Actually Terra categorized animals, including canines, into two categories: Food and May Injure Me. The rest of the world had other smaller catergories, such as things that are entertaining, things that cause trouble, and things to not get involved with whatsoever. The first two were the main ones that occupied her life though.

Terra sat up, gazing into the female's eyes. It's ironic that I found some jewelry just as you lost some. She wasn't sure what they were looking for, but Terra was sure to take better care of hers. She shook her head, the necklace glistening in the bright light.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 0+ Wonder how long it'll take for them to figure it out. XD

Her impatience was not with the fact that the search was tedious: it was her sense of urgency to find the pendant as soon as possible, to allay her anxiety that maybe it was gone for good. In matters of endurance and dedication, Caspa was generally unmatched. She could stubbornly persist with anything for eternity if she chose. Terra didn’t seem to be getting tired, although she was easily distracted by an itch. Caspa wasn’t complaining. It was good and unexpected of the newcomer to give her help of any sort – perhaps it was a karmic return on her recent altruism towards that Augustus character. At least four eyes were twice as likely to spot the silver in the grass, whether they were directed that way all the time or not. ”I don’t think of them as meals on legs. But I’m not one of those to ride around on their backs or talk to them either.” Prey animals and predators alike had their own existences to live, and Caspa liked to show respect to each, whether an insect or a buffalo. This didn’t really go beyond thinking of them as individuals and knowing they had feelings and emotions, though. She was happy to pen up her chickens, and feed on flesh, of course. She could feel Terra’s eyes on her as she spoke. Yes, it was a strange irony indeed.”Lucky you. Where did you find it?”

<style>
[/html]
Lazy, so no table

IC:

Terra grinned at Caspa's words. Certainly she was distracting from the main subject, but she was rather proud of her find. It was something new to her, a curiosity that fascinated her mind. Terra could have happily spent a couple hours playing with it just like a puppy. She knew it was jewelry now, but wasn't quite sure what to use it for. It was simply a toy for her entertainment. Terra didn't understand the idea of beautifying someone. It wasn't vanity, though she considered her red coat gorgeous. It was more that anything unnecessary could get in the way of survival. Toys were unnecessary, but they wouldn't put someone's life in danger. Clothes catching on a branch though, could.

The way she'd found the necklace was rather simplistic, nothing special in anyway. Terra was tempted to make it up to impress Caspa, but decided to stick with the truth. It's not like it really mattered. The jewelry was nothing special worth fighting for. It dropped on my head from some place. I have no idea what knocked it loose, but I found it. Well, finding it isn't exactly the right term. Terra chuckled at the words. Want to see? She stretched her neck to the side, letting it fall out of her fur. The pendant swung loose, flashing in the light.
[html]

Word Count :: 0+

A distraction became a piece of news of more importance than this futile search. The necklace that Terra revealed was the very one they were hunting. Caspa's eyes flashed darkly at the sight, but it wasn't through disappointment - just the natural hue. She was delighted to see her pendant, and highly tickled at the way Terra had found it. She just hoped the fiery girl wouldn't take this surprising news badly. "Terra, I know how it fell on your head. That's my necklace!" she exclaimed. "I'm sorry to say, my good luck has become your bad luck. I must have dropped it before I thought I did. I'm so glad you caught it." She shook her head, amazed at her change of fortune. "How did I not see it before? You are wonderfully sneaky. I must make this up to you somehow, I am being mean depriving you of your new treasure." Of course, she hadn't actually reclaimed the trinket yet.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC

Terra stared in disbelief. Her jewelry was what they were looking for? It really was bad luck. Still, it had entertained her for the short time she'd had it, so she could give it back. Sadly Terra stooped her head, allowing the necklace to slide off. Caspa was free to take it back. Her words about how sneaky Terra had been was rather humorous. She hadn't done anything overtly sneaky. Caspa had just been so busy and distracted that she hadn't looked at what Terra was wearing. It was more luck than anything else that had kept her from noticing it before then.

Caspa's offer to make it up to her for reclaiming Terra's treasure wasn't one she would pass up though. At hearing Caspa's opinion on what sneaky was a mischievous spark lit in her eyes. There is a way you can make it up to me. I need to practice my stealth. It would be a fun way to pass the afternoon, as well as letting her improve. Stealth was a big need for her. It allowed her to pull pranks and had kept her from dying when she was on her own. Terra had learned a little bit about how to fight, but her hunting skills were still poor so tricks would remain her main way of survival.

The game is simple. I'll hide the necklace, and you have to find it within the time limit. You can't touch me or ask for help. Her tail wagged in excitement, ready to start. Leaving no trace of a trail would be difficult, but that's why there would be a time limit. Of course, I understand if you don't want to.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 0+

Moving with one of her surprising bursts of speed, Caspa ducked and caught the necklace before it hit the ground, helped partly by seeing Terra's movement and realising what she was doing a split second before it actually fell over her head. She finished up on one knee before the other luperci, rather too close for comfort, and so staggered backwards a few clumsy feet, toppling over as she went, finishing with all her weight leaning on her arms, while - at eye level now - Terra made her interesting proposition. A game. For anyone else, she might have been wary of improving their already impressive stealth - but of course, it was partly her fault for being unobservant, and besides they were packmates now - they were on the same side. It was the least she could do, she supposed. "I accept your challenge," she said solemnly from her precarious position, and held out the hand that contained the necklace - wobbling quite a bit, now held up by only one arm and her heels. If Terra didn't grab it quick, she might just complete this ridiculous fall to its conclusion and end up flat on her back.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC

Caspa accepted, and Terra snatched back the necklace. Now she just had to find a good hiding place for it. Contrary to how she'd talked, Terra wasn't entirely sure how she was going to manage. Wait here. I'll come back after I'm done. With a leap Terra dashed into the undergrowth, pushing herself underneath. It would have been more slow going normally but Terra had already worked out routes around the hotel. Investigating it with Shandom had been a really great idea. She could move from practically anywhere around the hotel without being spotted now.

There were trails that she followed, but Terra had made sure that they were hidden. To a normal person it looked like she had disappeared into thin air. Reality of the matter though was that there was a trail nearby underneath the plants. Covered by them Terra glided over the grounds, careful to not rustle the leaves. She blended with the shadows, allowing her dark patterning to become part of it. A straight forward trail wasn't going to be followed though.

A few times Terra doubled back, twisting and looping her path. The result was a tangle of scents, making it hard to pick out which one she took. It would burn up precious time if Caspa tracked it. Tail wagging lazily Terra snuck back around to the front of the hotel, wandering through the maze of rooms. She disturbed the dust in several of the empty rooms, poking her nose into possible hiding places. During the exploration she dropped the necklace off in her room, a brief detour amongst the many trails.

For the last part Terra stepped back out into the garden, remaining hidden. This spot had been more difficult to acquire. There were only a handful in the whole territory, areas where she could shift without being observed. She slipped into her secui form, allowing the thick fur to cover up her neck. The jewelry had been disguised by her fur once, and hopefully Caspa would think she'd done it again. She stepped back out before the dog. Done.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 5+ Kind of a weird post sorry. Lemme know if you want anything changed!

There was no doubt Terra would do her level best to uphold her title of sneaky. Expecting to wait for some time for her, Caspa figured she may as well change, although she sighed as she did to feel all her hard work on her cornrows pulling out as her fur shortened. In Lupus, she had just flopped to her stomach with nose pressed to the ground when Terra announced her part complete. She was in secui now, which threw Caspa. Why would Terra shift? Perhaps the necklace was hidden somewhere that required strength to retrieve it. Perhaps that was what the red wolf - or possibly coyote - wanted her to think. She narrowed her eyes, trying not to look flummoxed. "OK, here I come. Ready or not," she added deadpan and headed for the undergrowth. It took less than a matter of seconds to realise that following the scent trail was not going to be straightforward, or even possible. Caspa knew most of the garden, having aspirations of botany, but she could tell the Terra had doubled back several times and there was no way to know which trail was freshest, with the speed she'd been moving at. She came back out from the undergrowth, shaking leaves off her head. She had a feeling it was a red herring, but why? Taking a closer look at the other woman's dark-booted legs, she gave a small and embarrassingly doggish 'woof' of triumph. There was a covering of pale dirt there that hadn't been before, discolouring the fur slightly. And that must mean...

Caspa approached, again coming rather closer than would be normal and inhaled at great proximity to her opponent. She tasted dust - hotel dust. Her lip lifted again, a smile more hopeful than celebratory, then she whirled and pelted towards the front of the hotel, slowing as she went inside in case someone else was coming out, but the place was as empty as ever. Caspa was heartened to find a Terra-track on the staircase that hadn't been there before, but dismayed yet again when she reached the top of the ascent to find myriad trails going what seemed like everywhere. Her feathery tail drooped and she started to pad glumly from room to room, finding many pawpads in the dust and not a single area seemingly ignored. She knew she was on the right track, but there seemed to be no easy answer as to what to do next. She couldn't scour every room - she could be there days.

She figured she might as well use this opportunity to visit some of the rooms she hadn't so far, so chose those to be the first to investigate. Most were empty, or uninteresting. None had obvious hiding places, or more than a cursory amount of Terra-spoor. Then after a whole shoal more of red herrings she came to a door which was quite the opposite - the ember-furred lady was all over this place. It must be her private room, her den. Surely that was too obvious a place, but after a small hesitation Caspa went in anyway, curious to see what the wolf's quarters were like. The first thing that struck her was her necklace, in plain view. The stealthy Terra must not have expected her to get this far - Caspa would still be outside, after all, if she hadn't noticed the dust. She seized the chain triumphantly and tossed it up so that it fell and slipped over her head. Then she turned her attention to the rest of the room - after all, by using it as her hiding place, Terra had all but given her permission to check the place out.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC Her muzzle's actually a cream. You can say that she saw it on her feet though.

Watching Caspa try to follow the garden trail had been entertaining. It had only been a short while, bu it wasted time like Terra had wanted. Caspa had spent a short while examining her for clues, but Terra was fairly confident there was nothing to pick up. That was until Caspa ran for the hotel after looking at her. Terra looked down to see that the dust from the empty rooms she'd set up had decorated her dark legs. She let out a muffled sigh, noting that she'd have to be more careful in the future. Terra wouldn't be making that mistake again.

Stretching Terra shifted into her lupus form and trotted into the hotel. Once Caspa disappeared into one of the numerous rooms she ducked into her room. The necklace was right there on top of her mattress. She hadn't even bothered dragging one of the torn down curtains over it or sticking it in the hole she'd made in the mattress for her to sleep in. Thinking that more time would have been wasted outside Terra had merely placed the necklace, confident that it was well hidden.

Terra wasn't done playing yet though. She moved into the empty closet, curling up. Her markings were like a fox's, so when curled up like that she could pass as a fox pelt. From there she would watch what Caspa would do, her eyes just peeking out under her tail.

Some time passed before Caspa came to the room. It had been long enough that the sun was starting to dip down again, not starting to get dark, but would soon. Terra had no proper concept of time, beyond feeling that it had been a long time searching. Curious she watched Caspa claim the prize, then begin looking around the room. It was basically barren. There was the mattress under the window, torn curtains wrapped around it, and the closet holding her single dagger. For most it was plain and uninteresting. Terra called it home.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]