Magicians and Fools
[html]

+5

Caspa wasn't one for clowning around deliberately, and it was a little embarrassing to continually blunder, but she didn't ever get flustered by minor mishaps. She had no pretensions to grandeur or grace... and in any case Terra had managed to get out of the way, so she wouldn't have been damaged anyway. Not that anything Caspa had dropped was dangerous, as she'd kept hold of the knives. Terra must have seen her stunt even while dodging, because she seemed impressed. The ivory hound sighed, not sure she could do such a thing on purpose without being under duress. "I can't usually catch more than three things before they hit the ground," she explained, not realising how strange such an exact number sounded until she'd spoken. "Umm, not that I go around dropping millions of things all the time. I just practice throwing my knives a lot." To show Terra she flicked them into the air one-two-three, then caught them all by the hilt, two in one hand and one in the left. "Pointless amusement really. Well, the knives have points." She did not laugh at her own joke, as usual leaving it ambiguous whether she'd meant it to be funny at all. She drove the knives into the ground and stepped over to look at Terra's booty.

Caspa liked the lamp-stand. She picked it up and found it was hollow, tapering towards the top, which made quite a good handhold. Certainly it was weapon-like, but it must also have other uses. While she was examining it, Terra was explaining. She hadn't been sure what Caspa wanted. "Neither am I," the hybrid said plainly, "but I am sure we can use everything here." She did like the cloak: maybe with some decoration it could become a true enchanter's garment, and it looked to be pretty baggy, very good for hiding things in: but then again it might just get in the way, so perhaps it was better used as a piece of fabric than a garment. "Try it on," Caspa encouraged, keen to see her collaborator dressing up. She'd left the sheet on the ground, the elastic at the corners rumpling it up into a strange billowy shape. Perhaps a fake cloud or a backdrop to make shadows through. She was sure they had the makings of an act here. It was just putting it all together. She dragged one of Terra's boards into the centre and put the teacups upside down on top of it in a neat line of three. "You could hide something under one of them and make sure no one can ever guess the right cup." That would take some very good deception skills, but Terra had time to practice and Caspa would be a very good dummy, having a face that was hard to read.

<style type="text/css">
.caspaseaview b {font-weight:bold; color:#212527; letter-spacing:1px; }
.caspaseaview .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#4d5050}
.caspaseaview p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.caspaseaview {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#e8ebe9; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yDXkc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 8px 0px 206px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#434644; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

table image credit to Burksy@flickr
[/html]

Messages In This Thread