Magicians and Fools
[html]

OOC

Terra blinked, surprised by the outburst. Automatically she responded to the higher ranking that Caspa held, her ears and tail lowering from their dominant position. She knew that Caspa wasn't trying to intimidate her, but the change in the usually stoic dog had startled her. Terra recoiled from the pinecone as it bounced off her nose. She rubbed at it sharply before glancing up at Caspa's words.

Where I'm lacking? This was a more sensitive subject than Caspa could imagine. Her whole life had been spent hiding her weaknesses, keeping them secret. Obviously some could be seen with just a glance in her small size and lean frame. Others were more difficult to pick out, something Terra had made sure of. Yet here Caspa was, asking for this information. It made her nervous, even though she knew the dog meant no harm.

Taking a breath Terra prepared herself to answer the question. I have difficulty in small controlled movements. Most of my tricks were learned in lupus form, so the delicacy required in using hands is more difficult. Terra nodded towards the cups. Moving the pinecone was fair difficult for me. It was only your focus on the cups' movements that kept it covered while I got used to the movement. Manipulating the cups themselves had been easy since Terra could do that without hands. I'm not very good at hiding my presence. My coat fights against that, tending to draw people's sight. I also tend to trip people's alarms. While Terra worked on relaxing people those who paid attention to those kind of things did pick up her false movements.

The last part was the hardest to admit. I can't manipulate my body language. It tend to broadcast what I'm thinking loud and clear. I can't misdirect people the way you and my mama can. It was a painful admission, as Terra knew that it was the body language that was the most important. Terra usually had to concentrate on feeling what she was doing to create the effect, and that meant she easily got distracted. That meant her tricks weren't always completed, abandoned in pursuit of the emotion she'd captured for her trick.

<style type="text/css">
.terraleap b {font-weight:bold; color:#fffe61; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #1a1f0a; }
.terraleap p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.terraleap {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#c9c84c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/wGvcK.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1a1f0a; padding: 190px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1a1f0a; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.terraleap .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%}
.terraleap p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.terraleap p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style> [/html]

Messages In This Thread