Magicians and Fools
[html]

The slight, faerie-light dog realised that her strange sense of humour could rub people up the wrong way very easily sometimes - due to her utter lack of expression, that gave no hint as to when she was making fun of herself. Terra had shrunk back, as if Caspa had aimed a rebuke at her. Caspa had no idea how to point out that she herself had been the butt of that particular rant. All she could do was pin her own ears back, aiming a sorrowful lick at the fox-marked face. She knew how hard she was to read, how mixed the messages she gave could be, but it was an insurmountable barrier as real as a language barrier for the white hound. It seemed by Terra's words that she had completely the opposite problem. Caspa considered for a moment: truth and honesty were virtues, and Terra should not be ashamed of something so intrinsically a good thing, and closer to pure natural instincts than many luperci were. But acting would come in handy when carrying out tricks, she could imagine. It was a dilemma, but she knew what her instincts were telling her, so she would have to hope they were right. "I would say these are good things. Your openness makes you look lively and interesting and distracts the eye from subtle movements. When I was watching the cups I had no idea when you moved your hand because I was too busy staring at them. That kind of thing doesn't require acting. But we could practice anyway if you wanted. For pretending, you just have to convince yourself that something is real." She bent and picked up the pig statue, setting it upright on the ground. "If you try and look menacingly at this ornament, it probably won't be very convincing. But if you truly picture it in your minds eye as your worst enemy or just a terrible monstrous beast..." quite a humorous thought, regarding the strange little statue - "its easier to feign. Could you growl at it as if you hated it?" Caspa was finding this fascinating, putting the master-trickster through her paces. She supposed she would have to take her turn sooner or later, with the amount of milking it she had been doing.

<style type="text/css">
.caspaseaview b {font-weight:bold; color:#212527; letter-spacing:1px; }
.caspaseaview .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#4d5050}
.caspaseaview p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.caspaseaview {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#e8ebe9; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yDXkc.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 8px 0px 206px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#434644; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

table image credit to Burksy@flickr
[/html]

Messages In This Thread