Burning down bridges..
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat bottom; width: 450px; border: #666666 1px solid;">

Aaand, we're done here. Feel free to reply or just close Smile

She had often imagined settling down in a pack, but mostly she had seen herself and Styx leading it, as her parents had. This idea, of a three part leadership, was both new and alluring. But it might mean that Styx would receive a lower rank. She considered this. Her mate, her älskling, not on the same level as her? In a way, Styx had always deferred things to her, he considered her his friend and counsel, and she listened to his advice. She might have lead them, but in love and life, they were equal. She no longer saw him as weak and scrawny. She was strong, yes, but she had also learned that strength in love came from within, from feeling, not from power. She had not bullied Styx into loving her. He had chosen to be hers, as she was his. To lead, with two women, not her mate, was a novel thing. If Styx would not fault her for it... Styx and I will have to talk about it. But I think it is safe to say that we will come to you, in time.

Meet the others? Oh, the sheer joy, the possibility, the thought in itself was enough to make her want to leap with joy. She could find Connor and finish her job. What would come after... there might be retribution, of sorts, depending on his loyalty to the pack. If not, then she would stay, perhaps with Iskata and this Deuce, and lead a pack. And become the strong wolf her father had bred her to be. She might start a family with Styx. Yes, the future certainly seemed bright. I must go back now, Iskata. I hope the gift you wear will bring you luck and safety. And remind you of the good things in life. Fare thee well, Iskata Sadira, I dare say we shall meet again. And with what Hel turned around and walked back towards the campsite, her mind in turmoil and her thoughts clouded.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread