Winter Nights
OOC: No problem and sorry for the wait.

IC: Rory was very embarrassed that he had caused her to jump so badly. ”I’m sorry, miss. I did nae mean ta startle ye.” He silently offered his paw to help her up but was surprised that she didn’t take his paw. She seemed not to be looking at him but rather through him, as if she couldn’t see him. He had to wonder if she was blind. Not that that would matter to him. He saw no reason to think differently of her just because she wasn’t able to see.

He studied her as she bowed her head in respect and also lowered her tail. Her ears, however, stayed upright and he supposed it made sense for her to do so when her ears were a major way of being able to “see” the world. Her actions of nose and ears working to figure him out made sense and he was impressed at her abilities to survive despite her blindness.

At her name, he grinned and although she couldn’t his or his gesture, he bowed at her. ”’Tis a pleasure ta meet ye, Hotaru. I’m out to take a break from lookin’ after me niece. She’s been feeling poorly and I’ve been carin’ for her. Bu’ she’s asleep now.” He had to wonder about her. ”An’ what might ye be doin’ out an’ abou’?”

Messages In This Thread