Winter Nights
[html]

NP

Word Count → 285

Hotaru listened politely to Rory as he talked about his niece. The male had to bee fairly trusting to just go ahead and spill everything out like he did. Although Hotaru had asked, she never expected such a strait and honest answer. It was comforting to see someone so trusting of her on their first meeting.

Although they were pack, the grey wolf still felt like a stranger. She still had many trust issues. The betrayal of her brother, followed shorty by Cain's abandonment made it difficult for Hotaru to feel completely at ease around others. She mostly kept to herself, only interacting with others when circumstances forced her too. This was especially true when it came to food. Fawkes and Hotaru would often travel to the forest or beech to allow the red tailed hawk time to collect food. However, Fawkes was only able to gather so much food and Hotaru could not completely live off of the small game that Fawkes would bring in.

In the face of Rory's openness, Hotaru felt bad. Although she was smiling, it was not entirely sincere. Nor could she bring herself to let down her guard enough to properly enjoy their meeting. Still, Hotaru tried her best to look as natural as possible. "I'm sorry to hear about your niece, I hope she feels better." Hotaru turned her face to the wind and thought for a moment before she answered Rory's question. How much did she dare to give away? Finally, the blind women settled for the truth, or at least the most basic truth. "I wanted to walk under the stars. Even if I can't see them. Would you mind telling me how they look tonight?"

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.hotaru-purplefireflies { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RhX5n.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#805d7e; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 225px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.hotaru-purplefireflies b {color:#FFFFFF; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies p { color:#3e1f39; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.hotaru-purplefireflies .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.hotaru-purplefireflies .wordcount {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread