M - Silvery Lining
She didn't say a word but secretly she was glad that he had decided to stay right where he was at. She enjoyed the warmth that sank into her muscles and the security of his firm flesh against her small form. Her eyes heavily lidded as her mind sank into a lucid fantasy she believed was nearly impossible. She wanted him to know in every way how she felt for him but she wondered if so soon it was lust or passion playing at the strings of her heart. She wouldn't push further for fear of the next step until she knew if she was just a fool rushing in or a fool for love.

The small woman had almost drifted off in her safe warm haven when a finger twined around her tiny ringletted hair brought her back to reality. She had tilted her head up to gaze at Helotes softly as his words dropped between them. She knew sooner or later she would have to answer the question but the woman's pride had adverted her thus far. There was no way around it now though. She sighed softly and pulled back away from Helotes encircling arms as she absently touched one of the puckered red scars across her chest.

Silence was Helotes only answer for as long as she dared delay until she let her head drop in defeat. "Salsola...I shouldn't have gone..I wanted to see just how far I could stretch my abilities and connections.." her lilac eyes flashed in anger as she remembered what had happened. How she had let the simplest of insults get to her. "She called me a freak..and I snapped and said things I shouldnt have..." her eyes grew misty with embarrassment as she finished. "I never crossed their borders..never." she had been afraid of mentioning it to anyone..Ezekiel had warned them. She had known better, but she was young and foolish. Now Helotes knew the truth of it all.

Messages In This Thread