Pirates!
I know you are new and that is why wanted to make sure you had your affairs in order. With the birthday thing there was been talk of Syemv going around so I didn't know if you checked out the wiki after it came back up to see what people were talking about or not. As said, that was just my first impression since you didn't have any sort of details to show that it was going to be different and not simply a remake of what was already done. I'm one that like original ideas, or even old ideas but with some new and interesting twist to it. With what you have typed up I didn't see any of that and just saw 'Oh... they are doing the pirates thing again' because yeall, Halifax is eastern coast and Syemv settled on the eastern coast. Since you are talking about temporary characters then to me that is a cast that has to be created just for this, which pretty much happened with Syemv seeing as they were European.

But yeah, I'm just saying that I wouldn't like to say 'Hey, I want in on this.' only for nothing to end up happening. It's happened to me on a few occasions. So well, I like to make certain that affairs are in order first that way I'm not creating a character for everything to fall through because permission was never obtained. And really, that is just because of the temporary character thing. Now if everyone was working towards gaining an auxiliary character that they can later drop if they wish then I wouldn't be so concerned with it never coming to a head because then I know it is on me to do the work to be able to get the character and get it approved. With you wanting to use temps then that is on you to make sure that it can go through and there is nothing I can do about that. I like my fate being in my hands instead of waiting for someone else to get their affairs in order so that it will allow me to do what I need to.

I've joined in on the founding of some packs where I liked the basic concept and then when I found out the actual details I wasn't too thrilled with it any longer because the details differed from the impression that I had originally got. So I'm not sure if others are like that which is why I suggested getting out some more details and do a bit more fleshing so that others know exactly what they are signing up for.

Messages In This Thread