A Long Trek
[html]

"When my kids are growing up, I definitely want to teach them about history...and about the humans. I think that we can only avoid what happened to them by learning from them and about how they died. A while back, there were some humans that came around...I didn't see them, but my father spoke to one of the dogs that stayed with the humans. It was really strange. The dog protected them, and in turn the humans fed him. It kind of reminded me of how we are, within a pack. We all hunt and support each other, and everyone gets a place to live." She got out her box of medical supplies, looking for a certain paste. When she found it she pulled it out, sitting cross-legged on the floor in front of Savina.

A few light touches later she frowned, pulling her hand back from the wolf's leg. "It's not good...but I think you were right before, about the walking not helping it. After this you should definitely lie down somewhere for a while, so that the swelling will go down. It'll only start to heal after we take care of it a bit...you'll have to baby it for a while." She unscrewed the cap on the jar of cold herbal paste, taking a few large fingerfuls of it and beginning to slowly rub along the swollen parts of her foot.

"I can't feel any broken bones, but you might have pulled or sprained a muscle. Sometimes that can hurt worse than a break." Naniko'd had both of her front legs broken before, once from a fall when she was a pup and again later on in life, during a fight. She pulled out a wrap, bandaging the leg lightly over the goopy paste. "It seems strange, to bandage it up like this...but it helps. You have to let the herbs do their magic, and this helps make sure that the paste doesn't get washed off, or flake off." Naniko laughed when Savina mentioned seeing the house, shaking her head.

"There's a whole city East of here...some of the buildings there are really magnificent. Wayyy bigger than this. Storehouses, and hotels...once your leg feels better, we should go and explore them. That is, if you'll still be around. You're welcome to stay here as long as you'd like"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread