A Long Trek
[html]
.:OOC:.

Character Name: Savina Marino

2. Character Birthdate (including year): May 1, 2006

3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci (not applicable to non-canines): Luperci, but does not usually shift out of wolf form

4. Gender: Female

5. Your e-mail: tarwolfnxd@yahoo.com">starwolfnxd@yahoo.com

6. A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M). starxwolfess

7. How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: Known about it for a while, Kim brought me back into the mix

.:IC:.

Savina was so weary. She had been walking for what seemed like weeks. She knew it hadn’t quite been that long, but her paws and legs would beg to differ, especially her left hind leg. Luckily it hadn’t been broken in her sea-traveling ordeal, it was only a sprain, but it still hurt like hell. She had had time to let it rest a bit at Insieme, but one day she could not find anyone in the packlands. She hadn’t been there long, and had only really met Guiseppe, but she still hoped that no harm had come to them. But once again knowing that she needed the help of others to survive in her weakened state, she set off along the shore looking for another pack. So far she had had no luck.

After another hour or so of walking the black colored female knew she had to take a rest. Her back leg was aching terribly and she didn’t need to make the sprain worse than it already was. She gently sat down in a side-saddle position, stretching her left leg out. It throbbed with the hard, long day’s travel. Savina breathed in deep to help take her mind off the pain in her leg when her ears pricked forward. She had breathed in the scent of a pack boundry, she was right on the edge of it. Oh thank the heavens! The femme prayed that she had found a nice, welcoming pack and would not have to continue her trek through these unfamiliar lands.
[/html]
[html]

Their rustic pack was doing well despite losing a member, Deuce. Naniko had known for a while that the female would be leaving...she'd spoken with Conri about it and had given her final approval for Deuce's banishment. She had trusted Deuce with a lot...with the lives of her nephews when Dierdre had passed away. But maybe she'd had too high of expectations back then. These were hard times, even for a pack wolf, with the war going on, and one little mistake could mean the entire pack's safety. Someone who was not willing to put the pack first, before themselves, did not deserve to be living in the lands.

The snow-colored wolfess sat at the borderline, looking out in the direction of Inferni. What could she do to help? She couldn't mend what Deuce had done...but she could tell their leader that Deuce was no longer a part of their pack. Naniko wanted everything to be all right, for each member to feel safe in Twilight Vale.

There was a strange scent on the breeze, one that drifted toward the girl's nose after a few moments. She was immediately on alert, rising from the ground in a cloud of dust and dirt. She started toward it, frowning as she came closer and closer. A coyote? They smelled very different from any wolf she'd ever met. Naniko cleared the last hill and she could see things with more clarity. Not a coyote after all, but a wolf--a dark one.

For a moment she thought of her father--he looked much the same as this wolf--but the memory passed quickly. She approached with mild caution, her tail giving a tentative twitch. "You don't look so good" Her healer's tongue was first to speak before her mind took over. "You've reached Twilight Vale. Do you need some help? We're not on good terms with one of the clans to the north...but even if you're from there I wouldn't mind taking a look. Your foot looks a bit swollen." A bit was definitely an understatement.
[/html]
[html]
It was not long before the dark femme saw a wolf appear on one of the hills near her. A pure white female with green eyes like her own. As the wolfess approached her she lowered her head and gently lowered her ears to be more flat against her head. As Savina heard the lupine speak to her in English she blessed the elder of her old pack for teaching her the language back in Italy. She had been obstinate about learning it as a pup, but lord knows she would need it now. I have been better. She gave a slight smile and softly wagged the tip of her tail.

Some help would be wonderful, if you are willing and able to give it. Savina noted that the female said that they had troubles with a northern clan. It would probably be important information if she was allowed to join this pack. No, I didn't come from the north. I ended up her by accident. I was on a ship and a storm sank it. That's how that happened. She nodded to her swollen leg. I washed up on the shores of the Insieme pack and their leader helped me. However one day I could not find anyone, so I started down the coast to find others. Savina once again reflected on how hectic her life had recently become. It had all started with her mother's accident and things hadn't seemed to slow down since. I am originally from Italy and I know nothing of these lands, so you will have to forgive my ignorance in some things. My name is Savina Marino.

The femme once again looked at her injured back leg. She hadn't taken a good look at it in a while and could now see how much strain she had put on it in her journey. If you could do something for my leg I would be so grateful. I'm afraid it has not gotten the rest and care that it needs.
[/html]
[html]

It was a little bit of a relief to know that this injury had not been caused by a fight. The two year old did agree with defending the borders against intruders, for these lands belonged to Conri and her...but she didn't like the idea of outright attacking someone just because of their species. She had met a few good coyotes over the years, and only a few bad.

The ever trusting female nodded. "Are you able to walk enough to get a little farther inside? It's more dangerous out here in the border than it is inside. At the house I've got an entire shed full of herbs. Something for the pain, I think, and an anti-inflammatory to take the swelling down so I can have a look at the muscles." She spoke mostly to herself, wandering around in her thoughts for a few moments before realizing that she hadn't spoken of where the house was, or even her own name. "Pleased to meet you. I'm Naniko D'angelo, the Andromeda here. It's...the top female leader." She didn't know if this female was looking for a place to stay, but they had more than enough rooms in the house and even more dens and cubbies outside that a wolf coule hole up in. "I've never gone on a ship before" She commented as she pointed her nose down the same path she'd come. "I was born here. Not in Twilight Vale, but in the old territories beyond the mountain...the ones that burned down."
[/html]
[html]

Going to PP just a big, just for us to start walking

So this female was a medic then. That was a godsend, Savina had probably only injured her leg more in her trek across this new land. Yes, I should be able to make it a bit further As the femme rose up and put her weight on the leg she winced. It seemed to be hurting just as bad as when she had first washed ashore, if not worse. I’m very pleased to meet you as well Naniko. Thank you so much for your hospitality. She began to follow the lead female into her packlands, more slowly than she would’ve liked. She bit her lip to help distract from the pain shooting up her leg.

I never really meant to go on a ship either. The wolfess chuckled. I wondered onto the ship by accident, and before I could get off they had set sail. It’s not an experience I wish to have again truth be told. It was rather terrifying…especially when it was ripped apart by the storm… She trailed off, once again in that horrible moment when she had been swept out into the open sea. Savina highly doubted that she would ever want to go on a ship again, and even if she did, she knew she would probably never want to return home. These seem like nice lands, what little I’ve seen of them. Then the snowy white female mentioned a fire. There had been a fire once back in Italy, it wasn’t a very big one and it had happened when she was only a pup, but the terror of that easily matched what she had experienced on the boat. A fire? That must have been horrible. I’m sorry you had to go through something like that. Her emerald eyes gave a strong look of empathy towards the she-wolf who was already showing her such kindness.
[/html]
[html]
That's fine Big Grin

"Some days I remember the lands...but most days I'm too busy here." She did miss the territories every once in a while, but it was like missing an old friend. Sad, but a little bit happy at the same time. She'd done some fairly impressive things back there, met some good friends, made some enemies. There were a lot of good memories from Clouded Tears. It was where her mother had adopted her and brought her into the family when her real parents had left her behind.

"I haven't gotten the chance to do any herbwork lately, so I'd be more than happy to help." She didn't want to seem like she was overly generous, or that it didn't benifit her in some way as well. "We have a garden now, so we're growing our own. She wasn't sure if the other female knew anything about herbs. Perhaps later on, Naniko could teach her something. She'd taught the alpha of Shadowed Sun, Pilot, a few things...she loved passing valuable knowledge onto others who would use it.

"That sounds horrifying." She said about the ship. "I've seen a few, one dumped over onto its side on the shore. I don't think I'd trust one of those things." Not if they crashed that easily! The pair drew closer to the center of the lands and the manor loomed up in the distance. "Here's the house. I can help you up the stairs and into the parlor--we've got a makeshift doctor's office in there."

[/html]
[html]
I'm sure you are busy. Sometimes I miss my homeland but...what made it home isn't... Her voice broke off. It still hurt. She doubted that it would ever heal completely. You don't just get over something like that. She hadn't talked to anyone about it. She hadn't had anyone to talk to. For some reason she already felt very comfortable around Naniko. Even so she wasn't sure she could go into it all just yet. Soon, but not at the moment. She took a deep breath to recollect herself.

You must be very skilled at what you do. I'm impressed. She wondered if all the clans around here spent most of their time in their shifted forms. She was a luperci, however she had spent basically all of her life in her normal wolf form. Her pack had gone back to living life as a normal pack, not shifting forms, and that is the way she had lived her whole life. She had shifted once when she had come of age, all she remembered of it was the pain however. If she was going to live here she might have to learn to shift. Perhaps Naniko could help her with that as well.

I don't believe that I shall ever trust one again either. I think I'll keep my paws on dry land from now on. As the ghost colored femme spoke Savina looked up to see the great mansion in front of them. The ebon female was awestruck by the size of it. She had never been inside a house, and admittedly quite curious to see how a wolf pack inhabited such a structure. That would be great if you could help me up there. You've already been so nice to me, I don't know how I will ever repay you. Savina had only been around Naniko for a few minutes, but she could tell this wolfess was a good spirit and a kind heart. She was warming up to the Adromeda very quickly.
[/html]
[html]

Naniko's mother had told her a long time ago, when she'd told Naniko about boy-wolves and girl-wolves, and what all went on between them...about how dangerous it was to be pregnant and be a werewolf. Once you found out that you were pregnant you needed to choose form and stay in that form, or the pups could be damaged from all of the shifting. Organs moving around, changing...she could imagine how that might harm growing puppies. "I'm probably not the most skilled around, but I really like working with plants and animals, so I spend all of my spare time dabbling in it." She nodded.

"Actually, I can lift you, if you wouldn't mind it." Naniko was very large, as werewolves go, much bigger than anyone else in the pack. She would be able to easily lift Savina up the few stairs that led up to the porch and parlor. "The only way you could repay me would be for you to get better"

[/html]
[html]
No I don't mind if you lift me. I had to be carried off the beach when I first arrived here so I'm used to it. Savina gave Naniko a big smile. The female had hated when Insieme's leader Guiseppe had had to pick her up and take her to shelter when she had washed up on shore. This was different though. Savina was much stronger now and at least could walk own her own, that hadn't been the case earlier. Also the wolfess didn't mind looking more vulnerable in front of another female. It wasn't that she hadn't trusted Guiseppe, she just always felt more at ease around females. She probably had her father to thank for that fault.

The ebony wolf felt a warmness in her when the Andromeda uttered her last sentence. There are so many in this world that would want so much in return for what Naniko was doing for her, especially from a stranger. But it truly seemed like this soul just wanted to help. I think I can manage that. Savina once again smiled at the ivory female. Perhaps this pack could turn into home after all.
[/html]
[html]

"Upsie Daisy" She held onto the other with her hands hooked beneath the wolf's font legs, picking her up from behind and making sure that her feet didn't drag on the stairs. It didn't take too long and she didn't have to lift her up for more than a few seconds before they were up the steps and in the doorway. She set Savina down carefully. Naniko spent almost all of her time in her werewolf form, and she wondered if Savina was able to shift. It just seemed easier this way...she could do so much more when she had thumbs. Fish, cook, grind up medicines...she spent more and more time in her two-legged form every day, and less in her four legged one.

"This is the parlor, or sitting room. I think they built this part of the house on first and then the rest...because the moldings and all of the flooring looks much, much older than the stuff in the wings." She pointed at the border as she spoke, then at the floor. "I guess it doesn't really matter, a house is a house...but I think it's interesting" She found a lot of things interesting that other wolves didn't. Naniko had been studying the humans and their society for almost all of her life, devouring their books and laughing at their prose.

"If you wouldn't mind sitting--you could sit on either the couch or the floor--I'll take a look at that leg"

[/html]
[html]
Savina couldn't help but let a laugh escape her throat. She could only imagine how silly the two of them looked. Naniko on two legs hoisting Savina up by her armpits with her bottom half dangling like a ragdoll. The ebony femme wished she could have an out of body experience just to fully take in the ridiculous splendor of the scene. As Naniko set her back down at the top of the stairs she was still softly chuckling to herself.

Wow, I've never seen the inside of a human house. Its so huge! It looks even bigger than it did on the outside. Once again the rural Italian wolf was in complete awe of the human structure. She had always wondered what these places looked like on the inside as a pup, she never imagined that she would ever actually be in one. A sheepish look crossed the female's face. Sorry...I probably sound a little stupid getting so excited about a house. But that does sound interesting. You'll have to show me what you mean in the other parts of the house sometime.

Savina decided to settle herself on the floor. The couch did look more comfortable, but she doubted that jumping would improve her situation much. She sat down on the floor much as she had at the borders, stretching her injured leg out from the rest of her body.
[/html]
[html]

"When my kids are growing up, I definitely want to teach them about history...and about the humans. I think that we can only avoid what happened to them by learning from them and about how they died. A while back, there were some humans that came around...I didn't see them, but my father spoke to one of the dogs that stayed with the humans. It was really strange. The dog protected them, and in turn the humans fed him. It kind of reminded me of how we are, within a pack. We all hunt and support each other, and everyone gets a place to live." She got out her box of medical supplies, looking for a certain paste. When she found it she pulled it out, sitting cross-legged on the floor in front of Savina.

A few light touches later she frowned, pulling her hand back from the wolf's leg. "It's not good...but I think you were right before, about the walking not helping it. After this you should definitely lie down somewhere for a while, so that the swelling will go down. It'll only start to heal after we take care of it a bit...you'll have to baby it for a while." She unscrewed the cap on the jar of cold herbal paste, taking a few large fingerfuls of it and beginning to slowly rub along the swollen parts of her foot.

"I can't feel any broken bones, but you might have pulled or sprained a muscle. Sometimes that can hurt worse than a break." Naniko'd had both of her front legs broken before, once from a fall when she was a pup and again later on in life, during a fight. She pulled out a wrap, bandaging the leg lightly over the goopy paste. "It seems strange, to bandage it up like this...but it helps. You have to let the herbs do their magic, and this helps make sure that the paste doesn't get washed off, or flake off." Naniko laughed when Savina mentioned seeing the house, shaking her head.

"There's a whole city East of here...some of the buildings there are really magnificent. Wayyy bigger than this. Storehouses, and hotels...once your leg feels better, we should go and explore them. That is, if you'll still be around. You're welcome to stay here as long as you'd like"

[/html]
[html]

I'm going to assume that Naniko's pregnancy is observable (at least if you're looking for it XD). If you want me to change that just let me know!

Kids? Then Savina looked at the Andromeda's stomach and noticed the slight bump. You're pregnant? That's so exciting! Do you know when they'll be born? Is it your first litter? The questions just came pouring out of her onyx maw. Savina loved pups. It had been so long since she had been around any. Being so close to her mother had given her a great maternal instinct even though she had no pups of her own. The female wondered if she'd ever have any of her own. She'd never been courted by anyone and her relationship with her father, or lack thereof, made her very wary of getting too close. Sorry, I didn't mean to start playing twenty questions. She laughed. I just can't help it sometimes. I love pups.

Savina didn't know much about the humans. Her old pack elder and her mother had taught her some things, but it was only bits and pieces, she never had the complete picture. I agree with you on the teaching. We have to learn about the past so we don't end up repeating the bad things. She found the information about the dog and the humans. How odd. the wolfess thought. Really? That is really interesting. I can't imagine living with a human. But I guess if the humans were providing for them it makes sense. Does sound like a sort of pack, though admittedly a very odd one.

Savina bit her lip as Naniko felt her leg, though she didn't whine or flinch. I don't think I will complain about lazing about for a while. She smiled. I thought that would probably be the case. Guess I won't be helping with any pack hunts at the moment, huh? The cold paste felt great on her leg, it nicely counteracted against the pressure being put on it so the ivory female could check the injury more thoroughly. Yeah, it definitely hurts like hell, but I'm glad to hear that the bone is fine. The wrap, while it did feel a bit odd, was also comforting. She could feel the paste soaking her fur and slowly seeping into her skin. Hey you're the medic, I'm sure you know what you're doing. I trust you. The ebony female gave Naniko another smile. She really did trust the Andromeda. The two-year-old knew that you had to be weary and not always give you trust outright, but this female was different. She was special, Savina could sense it.

Wow really? That's amazing! I'd love to go see it with you once my leg is better. It was just one interesting and exciting thing after another, and the femme was lapping it up. Of course I'll be around! I think I really would like to stay here, if I am allowed. I don't know anyone else, and I doubt I'll ever go back to Italy. You don't realize how much a pack means to you until you don't have one. Savina had been very lonely. Even before she had accidentally left Europe. She wanted a fresh start, and maybe she would be lucky enough to get one here.
[/html]
[html]
I'm so sorry for the wait on this! Thank you! And yes, that's fine Smile Welcome to Twilight Vale!

"We're thinking that they'll be born in a bit over a month. I've never actually had children of my own, and neither has Conri...but we've taken care of a lot of pups over the years. Have you been around pups before?" Naniko had already decided that this friendly female would be a wonderful asset to Twilight Vale, and experience with pups would be an added bonus. Even a will to learn about pups would be great, if she didn't have any experience. She'd found out over the years that if you really wanted to learn something you did better at it.

"Heh--we've been through that. The not-having-a-pack deal. The fire burned everything in the east down and we had to start all over again, move here. My mate and I and a few friends of the family got together and formed this pack. My nephews and brother live here, along with one of my friends and my mate. And you, too, now. We've had some trouble with the coyotes recently...so the only thing that I bid you do as a member here is to stay away from their territory. And if you meet up with one, run if you can."

It was solid advice. She didn't want anyone getting hurt, especially not a packmember, and the best way to stay away from Inferni was to avoid them competely. "You can stay in a room upstairs..or we have a few down here, too, that might be easier for you to get to. In the basement there's a cache of food for ill pack members and pups, wolves that can't hunt for one reason or another, and the rest of us keep it nice and full. So kick back and relax, and we'll take good care of you"

[/html]
[html]
No worries, I know how things are Smile Yay I is member nowz! And I looooooove my table!!!

"Wow, so not much longer now. Well, from what I know of you so far, I'm sure that you will be a wonderful mother." It was obvious to Savina that Naniko would be a perfect mother. There was no question about that. "Yeah, back in my old pack when the leaders had a litter I helped take care of them. Unfortunately the pups took ill and didn't make it past six months. Its not much experience, but I loved what I did then and have always wanted to help take care of pups again and teach them things they will need to know when they grow up." It was nothing compared to what the parents went through, but the loss of the pups had hit Savina hard. She had spent almost all her free time looking after the small bundles of fur and become very attached to them. She was barely more than a pup herself back then, just barely a year old. She was certain that there was much more she could learn about pup care and would be more apt at it now that she was older and more mature.

"I can't wait to meet the rest of the pack." Savina was so excited to belong somewhere again, she hoped the rest of the members would like her. "I'll make sure to do that. I've never been one to pick fights." She was a bit curious as to the whole story about the problems with the coyotes, but she didn't want to spoil the conversation so she didn't pursue the topic further. "Yeah, I think I will take one of the rooms down here, it'll be easier for me to get around that way. That's smart of you to keep a food cache, I'm sure I'll take advantage of that soon. But I'll be sure to help fill it back up once I'm able to again." The ebony female smiled and beamed at the ivory one. "Thank you Naniko, for everything." She was going to like it here, she could tell.

[/html]