As Cold As Ice....
[html]

I'm sorry for the wait! End of the semester rush. ><

Word Count → 340

The man’s answer surprised her, and the quickness with which her blue eyes flicked to him betrayed that, although her face was expressionless as a whole. Sadly, acts like this were not unheard of; some younger brother or cousin or evil uncle wanted to usurp the throne, and an heir was chased away as a result. She lowered her gaze to the pool, rippling from the froth of water crashing into it, then shrugged her shoulders at his sarcastic questioning.

“Fools might think differently. If truly don’t feel like you belong to that pack anymore, I don’t believe whoever is targeting you will waste their resources—and if they do bother to drag their asses over the mountain, it’s for reasons a little more personal than ambition.”

Vesper lifted her gaze to meet his levelly as she spoke the last words, though she was slightly thrown off by the milky eye. Making no comment on it, she shrugged her dark-dappled shoulders once more. Only time would tell if the white luperci had anything left to fear; it was not her business anymore.

Throwing her a look, he introduced himself as Nikki then prodded her with his original question. The use of the word “woman” made her break into a smirk, and yet she didn’t mind that or the bluntness of his last question. He was annoyed at her, and that was fine.

“My name is Vesper. I belong in Inferni.” Her wording was slightly different than his own; she did not feel like she belonged to any entity, whether an individual or a pack. However, the coyote clan had proven itself as the place for her to dwell, and so she felt like she belonged there. “I was following your hawk with the hopes it was looking for prey; I hoped to snatch a meal before it could.” Sitting, she lazily reached up with a hind paw to scratch her mangled ear. “I didn’t intend to follow another luperci anywhere, so you can relax; I’m not an assassin.” She winked.

<style type="text/css">
.vespiary b {font-weight:bold; color:#e4862a; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#351801 1px 1px 1px;}
.vespiary p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.vespiary {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#7c3d1a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/FKgCx.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #351801; padding: 350px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#351801; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.vespiary .wordcount {color:#e4862a; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #351801; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#351801 1px 1px 1px;}
.vespiary .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread