As Cold As Ice....
[html]

Word Count → 237

A screech and the figure of the bird flying toward them made the coywolf bare her teeth and skitter back a couple of steps, her dark brown and coal hackles stiffening at the perceived threat. Her display of caution lasted only a couple of heartbeats before the hawk landed on its master’s shoulder, and then Vesper forced herself to relax. She had battled enough with large birds of prey to know that hooked beaks and talons were deadly; if the man decided to send his avian companion at her, there would be trouble.

The white luperci smiled, however, and merely patted the hawk’s mottled plumage. His remark made the hybrid snort, though it was a sound of good humor. She didn’t like the idea of plunging into icy water to catch a fish for herself, especially with her ragged coat and small body. She didn’t need to run around wearing a heavy poncho like the clan’s healer, and she’d braved harsher winters than in Nova Scotia, but she wasn’t going to go looking for hypothermia.

Nikki’s question caused her ears to perk with disbelief, and this time her snort was scornful. “Inferni has plenty of prey for all its members,” Vesper stated coolly. “However, I was visiting another pack across the mountain.” She pointed north with her nose. “It seemed easier to grab a bite on my way back rather than exhaust myself by heading straight home.”

<style type="text/css">
.vespiary b {font-weight:bold; color:#e4862a; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#351801 1px 1px 1px;}
.vespiary p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.vespiary {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#7c3d1a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/FKgCx.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #351801; padding: 350px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#351801; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.vespiary .wordcount {color:#e4862a; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #351801; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#351801 1px 1px 1px;}
.vespiary .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread