As Cold As Ice....
[html]

I hadn't seen you'd replied! But we can either wrap this up now or not; up to you. ^^

Word Count → 300

The pale wolf’s chuckle made her large ears stand up in disbelief. A wicked grin slashed across her narrow muzzle. “Who are you calling paranoid?” Vesper shot back, clearly referring to his nerves when he’d assumed all too quickly that the small hybrid had been following him. Perhaps his paranoia was justified due to the dark events in his past, but her paranoia was justified, too. Those talons could easily carve a few new scars into her patchwork body.

But the man seemed to have relaxed again, at least. Nikki settled down on the fallen log, and the coywolf took a seat next to the pool, watching him—and watching the hawk, despite his insistence that it didn’t like to fight. The bird was an interesting creature, however, as all raptors were. They were often fast if not simply large and powerful creatures.

His question made her frown lightly. “I travel through the mountains very often, yes. I knew many of the paths through here from my time as a loner. I also have friends in Ichika, and sometimes we meet each other halfway—this being halfway.” She smirked, swallowing any additional mocking comments which might have provoked him. She might have gotten a rush of out conflict, but Vesper wasn’t suicidal or looking for a fight this time.

“I should probably be getting back to the clan,” the tawny female said after a small pause, blue eyes flicking to him as her smirk faded from her mouth. “Unless you have any other pressing questions to ask,” she added with light humor, standing and wagging her tail twice. She was still curious about what Anathema was like and his apparently tumultuous past, but she knew that she hated to be bothered and didn’t want her presence to aggravate him anymore.

<style type="text/css">
.vespiary b {font-weight:bold; color:#e4862a; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#351801 1px 1px 1px;}
.vespiary p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.vespiary {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#7c3d1a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/FKgCx.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #351801; padding: 350px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#351801; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.vespiary .wordcount {color:#e4862a; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #351801; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#351801 1px 1px 1px;}
.vespiary .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread