Sharp Mind Dull Sight
[html]

Hotaru Lives Hotaru TalksHotaru thinks

A deadly game now ensued between the blind wolf and the golden dog. A game of words, and a battle to the last laugh. Hotaru remained cool and calm. Her words flowed like the music which she played, gentle but strong. "Ah you see, I am but a poor, blind wolf. I require his voice to know his position. A name from him is all I ask." Hotaru knew she had to be careful. A true fight would leave her badly wounded or worse, dead.

The air between the two wolves was thick and stale. What had started out as a bad day had turned even worse. Still, Hotaru would not budge. Amy's words about training gave Hotaru a brilliant idea. Hotaru turned her head and whistled softly to Fawkes. At his master's command, the red bird sprung into the air and deposited the staff at Hotaru's feet. He circled twice around the three canines before Hotaru stretched her arm out form him to land. Hotaru lifted the ocarina up for Fawkes to inspect and clicked her tongue. In perfect harmony bird and master moved as one. Fawkes sprang into the air and Hotaru waited just long enough for him to double back before tossing the ocarina high. With grace and skill Fawkes grabbed the ocarina in his powerful talons without damaging the wooden instrument. "Give it to Amy."

The red tailed hawked gave Amy a disapproving look but deposited the ocarina in front of her without hesitation. If she chose to, Amy could easily catch the falling instrument. If not, the ocarina would land on the sand in front of her. Fawkes remained in the air, circling just above the trio. He would not land until Hotaru ordered it.

"Fawkes is my faithful companion, he will listen to me without question and obey any command I give him. Like your...slave, he required training. However, I find a gentle and rewarding hand goes a lot farther than an iron fist. Loyalty is earned through respect, hatred is earned through pain. Fawkes will die for me, will he die for you?"

Table by: Alex

<style>
.Hotaru .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.Hotaru p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; font-weight:bold; text-indent:25px; color:#FAFAD2}
.Hotaru b {font-family:verdana; color:#efa21b; margin:5px; font-size:12px; text-shadow: #000000 1px 1px 0px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Hotaru {background-color:#010409; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; align:center; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/8990/fireflies.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:150px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #d27527; border-radius:8px; }
.HotaruTrans {background-image:url(http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad21 ... hcraft.png); font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; margin:0 auto; color:#000000;; line-height:16px; width:380px; text-align:justify; opacity:1;
;padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:8px; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread