Peace on Earth
[html]
Invdegesv

Nah! Silly Melissa is too self-conscious <3

He responded to her greeting by returning his titles and name. Ulilohi's beaded mane jingled as she nodded while listening, not understanding his titles at all. Still, by the sheer number of them and by his need to express them, she assumed that he was a leader of the pack in question, whose name she could not pronounce. All of these packs and their unpronouncable names - why could they not be simpler? Her AniWayan tongue was not used to the hoops this place forced it to dance through, and she found herself wondering how Dawali had coped. Drawing her breath to reply to his first statement, she found that he continued, and she refrained from speaking until he had spoken through it all. It was hard to know whether she should be insulted by his forwardness, or whether it was simply practical. It was not customary that meetings between leaders were held standing up at the borders. This one clearly knew nothing of AniWaya, but she would forgive him his ignorance. It seemed to Ulilohi that hardly anyone knew anything about AniWaya, by the way she was approached. "I know only a bare minimum of what happened before I came here," she began, her deep, rich voice carefully delivering the words. Her place was not to console the male, and yet she found herself apologising, again. Annoyance wanted to shuffle her feet but she struck it down: she would have to be patient with the blame-dealing strangers of this land. It was, regardless, still unsettling that so many of them still viewed her as a representative of what had occurred before she set foot in AniWaya. "I urge you to view the past conflicts as past, and not as the work of AniWaya but that of Maska's." She had interviewed some of the 'disloyal' AniWayans, and found that most members who had not been Guardians had not supported their leader. It was unfair to label them as if they had willingly aided his actions. "I am not Maska nor Dawali, and I am yet to properly settle in here, but my tribe is weakened, and we want no enemies." It was with certainty, not mere conviction, she spoke. They had no warriors: one attack, and it was the end of AniWaya. She would not fail this new-found challenge.

<style type="text/css">
#marit { padding:35px; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... herbg2.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: center; }
#marit p { padding-left:0px; text-indent:0px; margin-left:0px; text-align:justify; line-height:1.4em;}
#marit b, #marit i { font-family: cambria, serif; font-size: 1.3em; }
#marit .count { text-align:right; float:right; font-family: cambria, serif; }
#marit .separator { font-family: 'Bookman Old Style', serif; font-size: 2em; display: block; font-style: italic; margin: 20px 0 20px 0; border-top:1px solid; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding: 10px 0 10px 0; text-align: right; }</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread