Peace on Earth
[html]
Invdegesv

Ulilohi introduced herself in her first post, I am just ignoring the question about her name Wink

He altered his stance, at least conversation-wise, and Ulilohi relaxed. It was tiring to always have to stand for the trouble that the leader that had led before her had caused, to always be the one to take the blame and hatred. She felt already as if this burden was a little too much to bear for a single person. It should have been Maska who took those words, not her. Alas, he was on his way to the trial in the Great Tribe, and could do nothing anymore. She knew that in the absence of a real person to blame, she became the only manifestation that they could face, but that didn't change how unfair she felt that it was. Nevertheless, this one - Jazper - seemed to adopt her view, and she smiled at him amidst all the braids and ornaments. She could like this leader. "I certainly hope that I can lead AniWaya as well as Dawali was rumored to lead, at least for his first years. Unelanvhi udadolisdi." He had been greatly admired, or so she had learned. That was a tough one to follow. Follow, since nobody considered Maska a true leader anyhow. The last words were a quick, low murmur - a little prayer often spoken when hopes were presented, as if it would strengthen her chances somehow. She felt like she needed it, and she spoke it without even thinking.

They moved on to small-talk, and Ulilohi relaxed further, her tail clearly signalizing this. Without a word, she moved her arm as if to suggest they both turn in the direction she came - an invitation. She switched which hand that held the horse's reins, so it would not walk between them when they turned. Not doing so would be considered a terrible solecism by AniWayan customs. She responded to the question quite happily. Ulilohi did not see a threat in this wolf, as he appeared to seek the wellbeing of his pack, rather than its domination. Besides, it would seem he was worn out from warring anyways, and she doubted that he sought to size her up for that kind of purpose. "I have not yet met very many," she admitted, her speech slightly flawed by her AniWayan accent. "I do answer to Vigilante and Savina as long as they see fit, although I find they are reasonable leaders, and that I know them well." Her free hand emphasized her words as she spoke them. He mentioned Inferni, and she nodded as if she knew, but her words were honest. It was a truly automatic gesture of the head. "Yes? I have not heard of Inferni yet - I suppose they are further north?" So far, she had mapped out the closest packs, but it would seem that the larger area here had packs in them every so often. It seemed that one would have to travel a significant distance to find any large stretch of unclaimed land.

SSWM: #496
<style type="text/css">
#marit { padding:35px; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... herbg2.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: center; }
#marit p { padding-left:0px; text-indent:0px; margin-left:0px; text-align:justify; line-height:1.4em;}
#marit b, #marit i { font-family: cambria, serif; font-size: 1.3em; }
#marit .count { text-align:right; float:right; font-family: cambria, serif; }
#marit .separator { font-family: 'Bookman Old Style', serif; font-size: 2em; display: block; font-style: italic; margin: 20px 0 20px 0; border-top:1px solid; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding: 10px 0 10px 0; text-align: right; }</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread