Peace on Earth
[html]
Invdegesv

He did not comment further on her hopes for leadership, but she saw his tail swing and she thought nothing of it as he accepted her invitation to walk back into the tribe's lands. She would much rather speak while walking, and she did not fear this male besides. This was her turf, and her considerable size and warrior training meant that any male who underestimated her would easily be surprised. This thought did not touch her consciously, however. She merely felt it was natural to invite him to see this pack as they spoke. She would show him respect in exchange for the same. It was a much more comfortable path to tread, compared to simply demanding respect.

She nodded as he graciously shared his view on Savina and Vigilante. Truly, she felt as if there was much information lacking. She was tentative about how to approach that problem: leaving the tribe to visit other leaders was the last thing the tribe the needed. If she did not stay here, they would never get to know her. Sending scouts was out of the question, too, as it could easily be seen as a provocation or spying. Well, it was spying. She was left with the option of learning to know the other packs by rumour, which was unfortunate. It was luck, in that sense, that had brought Jazper here, then. It was comforting to know that Savina kept her focus on her family - this value, it would seem, the two packs shared. "AniWaya, too, is protective of the family and puppies. I felt that Savina did like to surround herself in family - I believe we share views on this topic, then. I have spoken less with Vigilante, and I believe perhaps they will be harder to learn." With Crimson Dreams, it had been another dispute than with Cour des Miracles. The purity of Maska's hatred to what the mutt pack was had astounded her: she understood Vigilante's wariness very well.

"Thank you," she stated, smiling as she said it. It was helpful to know the general moods of other packs. "I have heard that there are a number of packs to the north? The northernmost I know would be Anathema - unless Inferni is further, still." How many were there? It was a wonder this place had not been completely destroyed already, with the number of luperci around. How strange that Dawali had not felt more threatened than he had. For once, she could understand Maska's edginess.

SSWM: #420
<style type="text/css">
#marit { padding:35px; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... herbg2.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: center; }
#marit p { padding-left:0px; text-indent:0px; margin-left:0px; text-align:justify; line-height:1.4em;}
#marit b, #marit i { font-family: cambria, serif; font-size: 1.3em; }
#marit .count { text-align:right; float:right; font-family: cambria, serif; }
#marit .separator { font-family: 'Bookman Old Style', serif; font-size: 2em; display: block; font-style: italic; margin: 20px 0 20px 0; border-top:1px solid; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding: 10px 0 10px 0; text-align: right; }</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread