Peace on Earth
[html]
Invdegesv

Hokai! I just PP'd Jazper a tiny bit if that's okay, and Uli will offer him to stay there and eat with her/get a tour and perhaps a display of the fire dance if he chooses to hang out for a day or so. Let me know if you'd like that, so I know I can reference that happening? :3

As they moved closer to the Village, Ulilohi found herself increasingly positive towards the other leader, smiling and nodding and taking kindness in his want to help her. At least, this was how she saw it: he shared information with her, and right now she was in a place where she needed it. Knowing very little, but at the same time being unable to travel far, was not a comfortable position to be in. It was comforting to know that the packs of the south were of the forgiving kind. On this front, there was much work to be done. This scale tipped unfavorably in Ulilohi's direction, and she did not see the fairness of it. In truth, the work to build peace and forgiveness should be required of all three leaders, not just her. But, this was a challenge she would never voice, for it could never be constructive, she knew.

He detailed the packs of the north and she listened with curious ears perked. New names rolled off his tongue and she was split between fearing the sheer volume of the things she did not know, and excitement to discover new packs. "Do you think it would be beneficial to send messengers or travel there in person, or are some of these packs directly hostile?" Wherever possible, she would go for peace, or at least neutral acknowledgement of each others' existence.

Surprised at Jazper's next sentence made Ulilohi stop in her tracks. Well, obviously, she had nothing she could return to him right then -- she had not anticipated guests. Still, she was not awkward about this, since she saw its political function. It was pleasant, and she was excited to, in a way, land a good deal with another pack without having to trek over there and offer a gift herself. The item he produced couldn't have suited her more, truthfully, and her mane was proof that she loved ornaments. She drew her breath in sharply in admiration. "It is gorgeous, Jazper." She wanted to get all over it immediately, but remembered her manners as well. "I hope for peace, as well," she smiled, accepting it graciously, or at least trying to. "I have few gifts to offer you, Jazper, but if you will, you are welcome here as our guest of honor. We can show you around, and share a meal, and perhaps the Fire Keepers can show us their most recent dance." She had not yet watched the Fire Keepers rehearse, but she longed to. There was something magic about dancing with torches in the night.

SSWM: #431
<style type="text/css">
#marit { padding:35px; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... herbg2.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: center; }
#marit p { padding-left:0px; text-indent:0px; margin-left:0px; text-align:justify; line-height:1.4em;}
#marit b, #marit i { font-family: cambria, serif; font-size: 1.3em; }
#marit .count { text-align:right; float:right; font-family: cambria, serif; }
#marit .separator { font-family: 'Bookman Old Style', serif; font-size: 2em; display: block; font-style: italic; margin: 20px 0 20px 0; border-top:1px solid; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding: 10px 0 10px 0; text-align: right; }</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread