my lonesome
[html]

SSWM 363

It was not long before the smell of a wolf reached the small hybrid, and Vesper swung around to see a thin old timber female walking toward her. Despite the other’s age, however, there was only a maternal quality about her; she did not seem frail but wild and wise. Her blue eyes settled on the pale creature’s pale ones, and noting the other’s dominant posture, she went through the motions quietly: lowering her ears and tail and dipping her head in a gesture of respect. The respect was not just a show to not be chased from the borders, however; it was not often she saw someone aged like this that also seemed to carry a trace of the strength from their prime.

The Crimson Dreamer addressed her, and Vesper had to fight to blurt out the name of her beloved friend. She was not a girl anymore; she had ceased to be a girl for a very long time despite her apparent youth. Ears flattening tightly against her angular skull, she ventured to take a different direction.

“For anyone who could give me some news,” the tawny coyote murmured, “about a she-wolf named Blind.”

She took an uneasy seat outside of the scent markings, turning her head toward the deep forest, which would likely be covered in snow by now. She didn’t want to betray her feelings, but hiding behind a cold mask as usual wouldn’t likely help her get any answers. Letting her concern leak into her expression, she looked back at the silvery-grey wolf.

“She’s a dark-colored luperci—well, just-turned luperci—and has mismatched eyes you could never forget. She was a member of Crimson Dreams—or is—or—I just want to know if she’s still here or if she’s gone away somewhere.”

Her control faltered, and Vesper sighed. She would have to accept the answer even if it was an unfavorable one, but she simply needed to know. It wouldn’t be hard to recover from an already once-broken heart; she had changed since the first time and would be able to cope. But this wishy-washy state of confusion and damaged hope would be the end of her.

<style type="text/css">
.vesbluecrack b {font-weight:bold; color:#485066; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#f0f2f6 0px 0px 1px;}
.vesbluecrack p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.vesbluecrack .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.vesbluecrack {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#afbcd1; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2w3ddac.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #f0f2f6; padding: 370px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#544e50; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread