my lonesome
[html]

SSWM 508
We can end it here, or Anu
can talk to her more if she's curious. I don't mind either way; it could be an interesting venting/therapy session? xD If not you can just archive it. ^^

A sigh escaped those silvered jaws, and with that exhale Vesper could feel all of her own hope leaving her small and ragged body. She resigned herself to the news even before the timber woman explained that the girl had gone away. Focusing on the fact that the dark she-wolf had not been stolen away or killed was some source of happiness, but rather than feel anything—disappointment, hope, frustration—she let the emotions melt away and the ice freeze back in its layer over her heart. By no means was she one of those stone-hearted canines who hardened themselves against anything and everything, but she fell more to that side when the coin was dropped. Times like these required her to repair a bit of her shell.

“That’s too bad,” the tawny coywolf said simply, nodding her head at acceptance of what the Dreamer had told her, betraying none of the worried and invested emotion from before. Thoughts continued to whirl in her head, and she patiently chased them down and killed them before they could escape into action—action to go chase after Blind, wasting time she didn’t have, or to lash out at something else due to her anger.

The older wolf’s added statement made Ves frown thoughtfully. “It must tax the pack to have fickle wanderers… I’ve heard of others who came and went from Inferni on a whim. I suppose I of all canines should understand; I know how hard it is to adjust to a group.” More words than she intended escaped from her narrow jaws, but none of the information was revealing. Every group had the issue of balancing their membership and territory and holding firm onto strength in numbers, and Vesper was somewhat surprised that she hadn’t fled from the clan after her confusing days of adjustment. Perhaps it was because she did not waste potential, even if something was thrust upon her.

Standing outside the borders to a foreign pack, conversing with one of their high-ranked members, something else occurred to Vesper then. It was almost absurd, and the smallest of bitter smirks flashed across her lips before she could recapture the emotion and bundle it safely away. She became unaware of the grey she-wolf, instead turning her head slightly aside and glancing into the forest from whence she came, the forest where she’d played with her friend.

Blind was probably fickle in more ways than one. All that heated closeness was a joke—an experiment. She felt physically safe with the coywolf, and when nothing worked out, she ran away from home. Vesper had met a few girls like that before—gorgeous and giggling and ready to flirt and touch a little, but ultimately deciding that they wouldn’t contemplate switching teams or even balancing between the two sides.

A sardonic chuckle dying before it had even completely left her lips, Vesper turned her pale gaze back to the wolf and bowed her head again. “Thank you for clearing that up for me,” she said, and turned to go.

<style type="text/css">
.vesbluecrack b {font-weight:bold; color:#485066; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#f0f2f6 0px 0px 1px;}
.vesbluecrack p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.vesbluecrack .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.vesbluecrack {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#afbcd1; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2w3ddac.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #f0f2f6; padding: 370px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#544e50; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread