my lonesome
[html]

SSWM 266
It's okay!

Even as the patchwork coywolf turned to leave, the old timber spoke to her in that same voice that implied so much maternal experience and wisdom. It was funny to harbor such an impression of a foreign pack official she’d only met this once, but Vesper did not dwell on it. Her pale blue eyes sought out the similarly hued ones of the grey female, and she nodded lightly as she realized the logic behind giving her name. Part of her had already blocked out all possibility of Blind ever returning to Nova Scotia, but hope, no matter how brutally beaten back, would always linger in that lost corner of foolish emotions.

“My name is Vesper,” the pale tawny ’yote said, and she paused at the second question. It was one she was not as obligated to answer, but she had always been candid. Pointless secrecy was for cowards, and a coward she was not.

“We were—I think good friends. We had something, even if we’ve only shared a matter of hours together. I saved her life and still hoped to protect her…” The truth came all too quickly once the barrier was down, and she had to struggle to build the dam to her words once more. She felt foolish admitting even this much to the still-lovely silvery elder, let alone nearly telling her of the deeper affections she suspected she held. But those emotions were baseless. Shaking her head once, she glanced at the older woman again and confessed, “I care a lot about her. I guess that’s all I can really say.”

<style type="text/css">
.vesbluecrack b {font-weight:bold; color:#485066; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#f0f2f6 0px 0px 1px;}
.vesbluecrack p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.vesbluecrack .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.vesbluecrack {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#afbcd1; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2w3ddac.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #f0f2f6; padding: 370px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#544e50; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread