Discarded respect is best kept in check.

When the councilwoman spoke to her again, Gemma flinched as though the large woman has struck her and cowered some more. She hardly even understood the words being spoken to her, she was waiting for the exile to fall, the ones that would send her away forever. The poor abused woman had gotten it into her head that she was going to be kicked out and now truly believed this. They would treat her out of pity and then kick her into the cold where she would be worse than helpless. and Matteo wasn't even here to back her up! He was off on another of his wandering journeys to god knows where. He wasn't here to help her!

Finally the words of Ulilohi cut through to her hysterical mind and she recognized the order within them. she was to go see the healer? Gemma didn't know the woman healer, only that she was white furred like herself and hate two kids with her mate who Gemma also didn't know. She couldn't go see her, not on her own at least. She was really frightened now and was beginning to lose all sense of sanity or her grip on it. She held enough of it though to force herself into movement and follow Ulilohi's directions. It took some effort but she pulled herself to her feet, swaying precariously for a second,

"Y..y..y..yes. I..i..i..i'll go s..s..s..see her." She staggered forwards almost losing her balance before gaining it again. She took off, away from the commotion and away from where her unknown pack mates were quickly converging upon and towards the village. She heard the leader's loud voice explaining the situation and felt another stab of shame and uselessness pierce her flesh. She was so stupid. Gemma entered the village but didn't head towards the healer's home isntead she headed for her own home and after a quick check to make sure Teo had not returned, she dumped off her clothes and she left the house and she left the village and finally left Aniwaya all together, they would be better off without her, she was sure of it, they would be able to fix her mess with their numbers and then they would say good riddance to her when they figured out she had gone.

So she set off into the wilderness alone despite mere minutes ago not wanting to leave and terrified of being kicked out. She had no food with her and no weapons. All of her things were in her once home along with Teo's. Her clothes had been discarded and Gemma quickly shifted down into her secui form, it would help her with getting away in case somebody came looking for her to make her pay for her stupidity. Tears still half blinded her as she ran in whichever direction, not even knowing enough of the land to make an educated guess on what places were where, she would be reduced to cluless wandering in the hopes that she could find somewhere, some pack that would take a useless creature like herself in, maybe teach her to not be so dumb.

Messages In This Thread