Lesson Time
[html]

Sorry for the wait.

Word Count → 347

When Hornin spoke his words of apology Kiara wanted to sigh with relief, and she almost did too. It took a great amount of control for her to remain steadfast and strong. The Ikusei had managed to get her lesson across to the young puppies. Hopefully they would remember the white wolf's words and would refrain from harming other's again. Kiara gave Hornin and approving smile. Although he didn't always act like it, Hornin was fairly wise and adult for a pup his age.

Dalgina's question wasn't surprising, her curiosity was getting the better of her. "Well acting is when...when you try to tell a story through your actions rather than just saying the story aloud. In order to tell the story you have to pretend that you are a character in the story. There are times however, when you can act without needing to be in a story. That is what I was doing earlier. I was acting. Now, you have to know when it is appropriate to act and when it is not. Knowing the difference is a tricky thing, and as you two saw earlier, I had picked the wrong time to act. Do you understand?" Kiara felt that it was important for the puppies, especially Hornin, to understand the delicate art of acting. After all, acting while playing could be very fun and Kiara loved to do it. If they didn't understand the difference between acting and lying, then playtime could be very difficult. At the same time, Kiara didn't want to make it look like she was justifying lying.

With all the serious talk the atmosphere in Jace's house had become stale and tense. It was a terrible feeling and one the pups were picking up on. Kiara turned to Hornin, his small frown a seemingly perpetual part of his face. The older wolf gave him a toothy grin. "Let me show you an example of acting." Kiara focused on her words and shifted her voice into a deeper register making her voice sound comical and less than frightening. "Grrr, I'm an evil wolf and I eat puppies for breakfast" With her tail wagging high in the air she half-jumped next to Hornin, hoping he would enjoy the game.

<style type="text/css">
.ikuseiara b {font-weight:bold; color:#defff2; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1f191b 0px 0px 1px;}
.ikuseiara p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 45px; margin:0px;}
.ikuseiara {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#979a86; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/I8xRB.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 365px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#1f191b; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.ikuseiara .wordcount {color:#000000; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; text-align:center; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.ikuseiara .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread