Leave a horse to water
[html]
OOC: Words: 501

First the luperci had lined up on the table a selection of alcoholic bottles, mostly home-made wine and a few foreign-looking spirits, but she was wary of her tendency to never settle for just one - of anything - and it seemed to her that drinking alone was a sad thing to do anyway. What she needed was a tasty but comforting and companionable drink, to sip and sit by the fire with. So, noting the water-skin already bubbling, Caprica's attention turned to the dried teas. She didn't much like to mess with healing-herbs, never having studied the medicinal effects and she knew some of them could be dangerous. But she had collected a good assortment of the tastier plants, used more commonly - and in the human literature - as flavouring. Not all of these made good tea, but she managed to dig out jars of dried mint, sage and lemon-balm, plonking these down on the table next to the booze. Now she was almost ready to start her own cocktail bar, though really she knew she should tidy away the kitchenware, but perhaps she would do that in a minute and make the tea first. She needed to find a mug to brew it in, and turned around to see if there were any on the opposite shelves, only to be met with the sight of a man she had not heard or seen entering. She jumped violently and clutched the wooden table edge: that was what she got for spending all her time with her nose stuck in perfumed herbs and spices - it was so easy not to notice the approach of somebody. Her heart was pounding but of course it was utterly needless and she willed it impatiently to stop, giving a small breathy laugh as she answered the dog across her selection of jars and bottles. "Oh Mido, sorry, I gotta learn to pay better attention... Hi again! I remember you from the party..." She couldn't remember much about him, though, only that he had been one of those without a costume, and her attention had been utterly elsewhere due to the antics of her younger family and Ravesque's wayward daughter. His markings and build were quite striking, though, she hadn't seen anything like it anywhere before. "I was just wondering how to spend my evening." She brushed a hand over the top of the nice, calming, sensible herbal teas she had been planning to make, saying "A nice cup of tea and an early bedtime, or..." The indecision was clear on her face now, for really she was far more tempted by the second option, if it wasn't for the prospect of celebrating alone. Now she placed her hands around the bottlenecks of two wines, and let her voice tail away, giving a rather devilish smile. Maybe he would be interested in sharing a glass or two, and thus solve her dilemma.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread