Leave a horse to water
[html]
OOC: Midooo! I have no idea where the title came from. O.o Words: 560

She had chosen her den originally due to its closeness to the guest rooms - nobody least of all Caprica would deny her sociable tendencies - and the kitchens, a place where a lot of the D'Angelo's artistic creations were made. Small ceramics were baked in the ovens, yes - but there was also cooking, a human invention Caprica had embraced whole-heartedly and found as much satisfaction within a well-made meal as when she finished a piece of carving, jewellery or weaving. However, suddenly the location of her resting place seemed a little less desirable. Since she'd returned from her utterly impromptu trip to AniWaya - it was amazing how her life had seemed to kick up the pace in the middle of winter, usually a dark and inward-looking time - she had spent a whole lot of time up in Thackary Village, the place she'd helped to construct by digging seemingly endless post-holes. The paddocks were expansive and secure, the buildings spick and span since she tried to keep the ones they used swept and was even considering making a large enough batch of paint to smarten up the walls, although so far the undertaking had been postponed by matters more thrilling. Caprica had earned herself a steed during her time away, and she felt like a new mother, obsessing over the tall bay thoroughbred's every move. She was also eager to get in practice at riding daily, concerned not to let her new skill slip in any way. She didn't want to over-exert the animal, though, so her rides were mostly slow-paced circuits upon even ground. A great deal more time was spent on grooming and finding extra patches of winter grass to hand-graze the mare upon, worrying needlessly about her losing condition.

Now she was an equestrian, all the other Anatheman horses interested her too and she found the company she incessantly needed in their patient presence, talking away at them as if they could understand and showering affection indiscriminately wherever she could upon the creatures. Her depression from just a few weeks before had utterly lifted. Since her magical charm had been cast, she had been granted one regrettable wish, yes - but so many more good things had come her way, that seemed to tally perfectly with what she'd intended in the first place, that she was able to look past whatever wrong she thought she had done by the spell. The runes with her bloodstain still on them were hanging once more around her thick-furred neck, amongst many other adornments from pendants to beaded chokers. She knew her lupus friend Shandom would have hated to see her like this, but she could never give up her accessories and scarves, or all the other benefits the bipedal form brought.

In the end, it was only thirst that took her away from the village, where she would happily have continued to spend her evening. A dry hay-dusted throat cried out for moisture, and Caprica was in too good a mood to settle for water. Humming softly she walked with her spry and jubilant gait down the narrow tunnel to the common room and crossed this to the kitchen, where she started to browse through shelves and barrels and boxes, hunting for the perfect beverage.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 409 Points::3 OOC:: MMMMmmm. Toasty Smile

He sat on the edge of his bed leaning over as he carefully slid his knives across the sharpening stone. He had been at this since the moment he had risen for the day. Meticulously going through all his weapons that had edges and sharpening them back into a lethal state. As he worked through the variety of sharp objects he tapped his feet on the floor out of impulse unsure why but he was doing so. Stopping what he was doing, he abruptly looked up with a disgruntled look on his face; his stomach officially had decided enough was enough and made it very known. Had anyone else been near him they certainly would have heard the call of the wild from the bottomless pit he called his stomach. alright already, I’m going, I’m going. I’ll do anything to shut you up.He sighed heavily as he got up from the bed to go pay a little visit to the kitchen, in hopes of finding himself something to eat. Although half the time the male ended up going to the kitchen looking for something he wanted like it would magically appear and end up leaving empty handed.

Exiting the hall of dens he made a bee line for the kitchen walking quickly, he didn’t want to waste hardly any time on this. Once inside the kitchen he walked along the wall of shelves stopping periodically to move stuff aside looking for something desirable. In the process of doing all this he made a lot of noise, enough so that he didn’t notice anyone else in the room with him. He turned around and squatted down looking amongst the shelving beneath the table. Standing up Mido nearly had a heart attack; in front of him looking elsewhere was the heavily black colored female whose name he didn’t know. He recalled seeing her from Alaki’s promotional ceremony, and since then he hadn’t seen any trace of the girl. Hey there I’m Mido, you looking for something in particular? He asked the woman. Obviously she was after something food or drink related, she was in the kitchen after all. Mido leaned against the table separating the two of them, she seemed not to have noticed that he was speaking to her or she may have been really focused. He continued to look at her, her fur was nearly dark as night, she was rather attractive the male thought to himself.

Table by the Mentors!
my avatar is NATalicious

<style>
.K22911_OctIsAFrog p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_OctIsAFrog b {font-family:times new roman; color:#fcba08; margin:5px; font-size:13px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:2px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000;}
.K22911_OctIsAFrog {background-color:#2e1411; font-family: times new roman, serif; font-size:14px; color:#d12e11; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #282147; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... tabpik.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 200px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_OctIsAFrog-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC: Words: 501

First the luperci had lined up on the table a selection of alcoholic bottles, mostly home-made wine and a few foreign-looking spirits, but she was wary of her tendency to never settle for just one - of anything - and it seemed to her that drinking alone was a sad thing to do anyway. What she needed was a tasty but comforting and companionable drink, to sip and sit by the fire with. So, noting the water-skin already bubbling, Caprica's attention turned to the dried teas. She didn't much like to mess with healing-herbs, never having studied the medicinal effects and she knew some of them could be dangerous. But she had collected a good assortment of the tastier plants, used more commonly - and in the human literature - as flavouring. Not all of these made good tea, but she managed to dig out jars of dried mint, sage and lemon-balm, plonking these down on the table next to the booze. Now she was almost ready to start her own cocktail bar, though really she knew she should tidy away the kitchenware, but perhaps she would do that in a minute and make the tea first. She needed to find a mug to brew it in, and turned around to see if there were any on the opposite shelves, only to be met with the sight of a man she had not heard or seen entering. She jumped violently and clutched the wooden table edge: that was what she got for spending all her time with her nose stuck in perfumed herbs and spices - it was so easy not to notice the approach of somebody. Her heart was pounding but of course it was utterly needless and she willed it impatiently to stop, giving a small breathy laugh as she answered the dog across her selection of jars and bottles. "Oh Mido, sorry, I gotta learn to pay better attention... Hi again! I remember you from the party..." She couldn't remember much about him, though, only that he had been one of those without a costume, and her attention had been utterly elsewhere due to the antics of her younger family and Ravesque's wayward daughter. His markings and build were quite striking, though, she hadn't seen anything like it anywhere before. "I was just wondering how to spend my evening." She brushed a hand over the top of the nice, calming, sensible herbal teas she had been planning to make, saying "A nice cup of tea and an early bedtime, or..." The indecision was clear on her face now, for really she was far more tempted by the second option, if it wasn't for the prospect of celebrating alone. Now she placed her hands around the bottlenecks of two wines, and let her voice tail away, giving a rather devilish smile. Maybe he would be interested in sharing a glass or two, and thus solve her dilemma.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 441 Points::3 OOC:: He just can’t help himself, he can be such a flirt, and he is definitely ogling Caprica. 

The half and half wasn’t exactly sure what the bottles on the table were for, but obviously the woman had something in mind as she had them all pulled out and wore a look of contemplation o her face. In a few of the jars was what looked to be alcohol, and in the rest were herbs of some sort. Mido recalled seeing her at Alaki’s ceremony, but he was struggling to remember the girls’ name, he had heard it before, now having seen her closer in person he wracked his brain for the answer. After a couple moments he got it, she was Caprica, one of Nanikos’ children. By the time she seemed to fully realize that she hadn’t been alone she was startled by the males presence. He understood the feeling of being caught by surprise; their other fellow pack mates had this same effect on him from time to time. He stared at her, not as if there was anything unusual about her, because there wasn’t. There was something about the D’Angelo that seemed to keep him captivated; he couldn’t quite put his finger on it though. She addressed the Dasa by his name; she said something about her lack of attention and and how she remembered him from the party. That was okay though, it wasn’t ones job to pay attention really, so she was quite alright. The dark as night female mentioned not knowing what to do with her evening. One option she had was to make herself some tea and go to bed, and then she started saying something else but stopped, leaving it as an open ended option. Midos’ ears twitched, he wasn’t sure if she had other plans, but he now realized that he was rather lonely. He leaned his upper half on the table, resting upon his fore arms as he fiddled with a scratch in the table top with one of his finger nails. Going to bed, this early in the night? Wouldn’t that be a little silly? he asked her being funny. She wasn’t just a pretty face; her name was very nice too. Or… I could really use some company, being alone is slightly depressing. In her hands were two bottles and on her face was a smile that spoke much. He moved from leaning on his arms to one elbow on the table, he propped up his head with a hand. The mix couldn’t help but not take his eyes off hers; a really friendly smile had taken possession of his face. Would you mind having some company tonight? He asked, one finger tapping on the table.

Table by the Mentors!
my avatar is NATalicious

<style>
.K22911_OctIsAFrog b {font-family:times new roman; color:#fcba08; margin:5px; font-size:13px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:2px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000;}
.K22911_OctIsAFrog {background-color:#2e1411; font-family: times new roman, serif; font-size:14px; color:#d12e11; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #282147; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... tabpik.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 200px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_OctIsAFrog-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>

[/html]
[html]
OOC: Words: 369

He leaned forward, possibly an unconscious motion, but subconsciously Caprica picked up on the move to bring them slightly closer as a good sign. Of some sort. She couldn't read too much into that kind of thing, though. Could she? There was the small matter of the pouch of runes she still - she always - wore, dangling near her sling, underneath a conservative amount of necklaces for the day (three). These were laden with a potent charm to attract people into her life, which she'd intended to mean romance with someone who was good for her. This hadn't exactly happened yet, but she had made a few good friends, been reunited with her father and given a horse. Sometimes it seemed any one of the new folks she'd met since the spell was cast could end up being the one she hoped for, but then they always seemed to drift away again. What if the right one had been lurking under her nose all this time in these very corridors? Well, that would just be typical.

It must be the alcohol fumes taking her mind off on tangents like this, she decided, and refocused properly on what Mido was saying. "Yes, yes it would indeed be silly," she agreed, glad they were on the same page. He even found being alone depressing, which was a sentiment Caprica found very familiar. "Tell me about it!" she sighed. "We must both be terribly boring if we can't stand our own company, though," she added, concern filling her jade eyes, hoping to wheedle a word of encouragement from the black-and-gold male. "But I guess that we should definitely hang out as we seem to have at least one thing in common." She meant being boring, but she was also being silly again, as she did not really believe either one of them was boring. At least prattling on nonsense like this was much more fun than sitting alone. "So anyhow, I'll be glad to re-think the tea thing. Ever tried apple wine?" she wondered, reading a label upon one of the green bottles.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count ::417 Points::3 OOC::

The dark woman agreed the idea of going to bed early with tea was silly. It was silly, what was the sense in being alone if there was someone willing to spend time with you? She also seemed to understand the being lonely thing to not be so great either. He started to find it just a little strange that she understood his dilemma’s so well. Caprica commented that they must have been very boring if they couldn’t handle being by themselves. What was disappointing was that she was right. Most of the time the Dasa was either training or working out, and if wasn’t doing one of those he was dead to the world asleep and ignorant of what went on. He really hated being boring, but he didn’t have anybody that he just spent time with that wasn’t dedicated to training. I am boring, if I’m not with anybody. He lightly brought the topic at hand to her.

She said they should hang out. I would very much like to hang out with you. He still leaned on the table trying to be closer to her without up and walking over to her and being in her personal space. Did it really matter that he liked her, and that he felt his heart rhythmically pound in his chest like a love struck boy. He couldn’t remember the last time he had this problem, which is how little time he spent around women, unbelievable. Coming back to the here and now that wasn’t inside his head, Caprica, said she would rethink the tea idea and proceeded to ask if he ever tried apple wine. He never had it before, but he could imagine the two together, he liked apples and wine so he was assuming he would enjoy it. No, I can’t say that I have. He smiled enjoying the idea of a drink… or two with a girl that he found to be easy on the eyes. He recalled the last time he had any form of alcohol, he ended up getting wasted, and that somehow led to getting jumped by a group of canines and having all his stuff stolen from his person. But Mido didn’t foresee being jumped by other canines after drinking with Caprica. It’s been a long time since I have had alcohol, especially with company. He told her, honestly not knowing how he would handle it, he couldn’t remember how his tolerance was for the stuff.

Table by the Mentors!
my avatar is NATalicious

<style>

[/html]
[html]
OOC: Words: 337

She hadn't really meant to call him boring, or at least, no more boring than herself, which she didn't really think was the case - anyway, nobody could be fascinating all the time, it would be impossible! She wasn't sure how to backtrack though, as she didn't really know him at all yet - so any kind of reassurance that she didn't really think he was boring would sound rather forced. Caprica wondered if really, boredom was itself a sign of a boring person. She was never bored, in fact, she delighted in the few moments she got to herself where nothing needed doing and she could just switch off. She kept herself busy, though, so really the only time off she had was when sleeping. Oh blissful sleep. She wasn't tired, though - and besides, talking to somebody was just as relaxing. Mido seemed like an extremely pleasant character, so far. He was willing to taste the wine, but she thought she could hear a concern in his tones when he mentioned not having drunk in a while. She winked at him, flicking hair aside as she uncorked the bottle. "It's not too strong, so don't worry. I'm kind of a novice at the fine art of brewery," she admitted. Of course, the good stuff took a long time to be ready - she hadn't even lived in Anathema long enough to produce liquids of real quality. Her wine was quickly made, and rather reminiscent of the juice it had come from, with a low alcohol content. Still, it tasted good and enough of it would work just as well as anything to soften the world's edges, even if it did take rather a lot to get Caprica really tipsy. She tipped wine into a couple of ceramic tankards and slid one across the table towards him. Her eyes didn't move from his face, fascinated to see how he reacted to the rather-sweet tasting vintage.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count ::453 Points::3 OOC::=)

Whether one of them was boring or not, it didn’t matter all the same to Mido. He was having a honestly pleasant conversation with a woman that he thought was very attractive. They were getting ready to drink together and share each other’s company. She hadn’t told the male to get lost or anything like that, so he was absolutely ecstatic. He thought he had been crazy, but he could swear that she winked at him while she uncorked the bottle, shortly after him saying it had been a while since he last had any kind of alcohol. He wasn’t sure how to take her wink, but he figured it would be best to not think of it like he wanted to. The half and half was really a light-weight when it came to the subject of alcohol, probably due to the fact that he rarely touched the stuff.

Caprica said that what they would be drinking wasn’t too strong and that she was a novice at brewing. This was probably a good thing that it wasn’t strong, this meant that he wouldn’t be tanked by the time they were done with it, hopefully anyway. This calmed his nerves greatly, for when the mix got to drinking he always got to be a little too honest and very open personally. She poured the wine into two beer mugs, one for him and one for herself. She slid one of the mugs over to him, very gracefully he thought, her eyes hadn’t moved a bit. He took his eyes off hers to make sure he didn’t miss the ceramic. Picking it up in his left hand he placed the tankard to his lips pausing before taking a sip, the huskadore locked eyes with the nearly dark as night woman. He tipped his head back just slightly allowing the liquid to fall into his mouth. Swallowing the wine he looked down at the mug, and put his other hand around it. The flavor seemed to have performed this elaborate dance inside his mouth, tickling many of his taste buds. It may not have been strong, but it was very flavorful, sweet and not that bitter, which is what he normally associated with wine, was bitter. As far as he was concerned the weaker it was the more they could have and still be functional after all was said and done. Wow Caprica, this wine tastes really great. He spoke to her with a tone of good surprise. Did you make this yourself? He asked unsure if it was her who concocted this liquor. Mido wondered if this was what she made, what else she was good at. He took another sip, enjoying how it tasted.

Table by the Mentors!
my avatar is NATalicious

<style>

[/html]
[html]
OOC: Words: 279

His eyes came back to hers as he lifted the cup, mild trepidation meeting a devilishly encouraging smile. He took the swallow and she immediately knew that the result was going to be a good one. The dark lady sipped a little herself as she tried not to smirk too much at his compliment. She knew she was good at creating: that was her destiny, to make things come into being. She'd used sugar from tree sap and the apples' own sweetness for this drink, and it was a delicious one. "Yeah, my first one. Got the idea from a human book," she explained. "Help yourself, there's a lot!" She swung her arm at the line of five bottles, neglecting to mention she still had a case in her room - she was saving that to trade with, or for an emergency. Whatever emergency would require copious amounts of sweet liquor. Actually, she could think of a few. "That's my job - well, not exactly. I'm a crafter, I make all kinda things." She didn't have much physical aptitude, in terms of speed or agility, or brain-power for anything harder than figuring out a recipe or relative sizes of objects, but at least other talents partly made up for this. "So, Mido." Emphasis on his name, as if reminding them both of it, of course intended to make him the topic of conversation for at least a little while. "You found your destiny down here yet, then?" She swallowed more wine, bright green eyes never leaving his face from above the earthy brown tankard rim.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count ::503 Points::5 OOC::

It so turned out to indeed be her who concocted the wine they were now drinking together. She admitted that it was her very first time at attempting to make liquor; she had got the idea for it from one of the human text books. For her first try at brewing alcohol it was undeniably delicious, almost as if she had done it before. Mido found himself constantly nose deep into the human texts, constantly learning something about them and the way they did things, from the religions they practiced to their inventions, to the way they attempted to manipulate the earth for their own well being, they were really intriguing creatures. She encouraged the half and half to drink up, for there were five more bottles of the liquid gold on the table that she had pointed to. Thank god there was more of it because he was nearly done with his first mug of wine and really wanted more, but there was no sense in having a tankard in each hand, he didn’t need it that bad.

For a moment he thought they were still on the subject of alcohol when she initially said it was her job. He was confused about what she said, because he didn’t think there was a liquor creation position here in Anathema that would have been a really great job to have, especially if they enjoyed drinking. The dark captivating woman completed her statement by informing the Dasa that she was one of the crafters. She solved the problem of confusion and curiosity in the male’s mind. Her job was to make things for Anathema’s inhabitants to use. Taking another drink from the mug she spoke his name, it sounded like there was emphasis on it for a change of subject. Caprica asked the multicolored male if he had found his destiny here yet. Destiny was always an interesting topic to him, his ears twitched anytime he heard that word. He didn’t exactly believe in it, he really felt that the individual was responsible for whatever happened around them. He hated to hear that things happened for a reason.

He swallowed the last bit of wine that remained in the ceramic he held. The whole time it seemed to him that her gorgeous green eyes never let his. He gently put the tankard down on the table’s scratched up surface. The huskadore tilted his head slightly and gave the female crafter a genuine smile. I don’t know if I would call it destiny. I have this strange need to try and protect those around me, so I entered the warrior ranks and became one of the Dasa here. There was nothing that made Mido feel more alive than being able to use his strength and efforts to help keep others safe. He had a troubled past that included a lot of him and those who were important to him being hurt and abused. So being a warrior seemed to be the answer to his uncertainties.

Table by the Mentors!
my avatar is NATalicious

<style>

[/html]
[html]
OOC: Words: 233

The velvet-coated lady had been rather lax with her interpretation of the word 'craftsman', which was probably why she hadn't been promoted yet. For a start, she wasn't sure that cooking or brewing beverages was really essential to the pack's well-being, although perhaps it could be argued it was good for morale. Apart from that, the kitchen stuff wasn't even her focus: she'd been making more pieces of jewellery and weaving than anything else, but those activities weren't even the limit of her restless hands and mind. Caprica seemed to be the very anathema of settling decisively into one role or one creative path; she was always trying new things and forgetting the old ones: her skills did seem to be improving overall, but she had not yet decided where to specialise - would she prefer to work for beauty or work for function? She could not choose.

Compared to her unpredictable and unstably careering career, his warrior path sounded very tempting indeed. No wonder it was quite a popular choice for those who were physically gifted. "Ahh, a soldier," she commented knowingly. "Isn't it a little dull for you here, though? Nobody ever attacks us - they wouldn't dare!" She was teasing him, and could never resist the chance for a little boasting on the pack's behalf anyway.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count ::465 Points::3 OOC::

She made a short comment calling him a soldier, making it obvious to him that she knew about the rank system well enough. The beautifully dark colored woman questioned if it was dull for him in Anathema. He thought about it for a moment. Maybe it would a little boring if one weren’t doing anything with themselves. But for Mido that really wasn’t an issue. He has always had a tendency to not be happy with the skills he had or what he could. He always found himself lacking something, so he strived to be better, enhancing his gifts and talents, always learning something knew from anybody willing to teach. When it came to the male’s eagerness to learn new things it wasn’t limited to the idea of being a warrior, he was willing to learn anything at all that he didn’t know. It seemed like a full time job always trying to make himself better, but it made him happy so it was all okay.

Something else that Caprica said was that nobody attacks Anathema, and they wouldn’t dare do it in the first place. Her attitude came off as teasing and fun, but she actually made him think about it. She was right, the multicolored mix had lived here in Anathema for several months now, and as far as he knew they hadn’t been attacked. He wondered a little about the other part of her statement that they wouldn’t dare it. Mido understood that Anathema had some decent warriors, but there numbers certainly were by no means jaw dropping, he figured that they were small, but strong none the less. Picking up the empty beer mug the male walked around the table to where Caprica and the other five bottles of wine were. He grabbed the open bottle, his large hand enclosed around it’s circumference. He poured the remainder of the bottle into his tankard, not entirely filling it but close enough. He took one of the other color tinted glass containers and pushed it toward the female crafter seeing if she wanted more of the great tasting liquor. Why is that Caprica? Why wouldn’t anyone dare to attack us? He wondered if she knew something he didn’t. Granted that the dog mix lived here now, he didn’t know if Anathema held some kind of reputation, for he hadn’t visited another pack before. The male now close to her locked his icy blues with her captivating jade green eyes. He leaned his right hand on the table, bearing part of his weight on its surface. Mido wondered whether or not him moving closer would make her uncomfortable, deep down he hoped that it wouldn’t bother her. He could see the dark woman better; he could now clearly see every little detail about her.

Table by the Mentors!
my avatar is NATalicious

<style>

[/html]
[html]
OOC: Words: 303

She didn't have much experience with the other packs, besides AniWaya, which was so far away as to be almost irrelevant to her own borders. Those Caprica had met within the nearby borderlands from neighbouring packs, she had failed to discuss politics with, and had not picked up on any kind of trepidation at the mention of her homeland affilation. But their fortress-like lack of attack stood testament to their reputation. She knew at least three canines within the cavern walls that commanded fearsome warrior-skills, and then there was their easily-defended layout, their lofty and precipitous vantage point which allowed little room to imagine an easy siege or raid. As usual, though, she didn't really feel like going into details about why she thought the aura of power suffused every rock of this land. "Because we are such bad-asses. Alaki, Mom, you, me... everybody, we're all crazy scary. No one wants us as enemies," she answered simply and making a small leap of imagination, too - nobody had given her cause to believe this, but her confidence was total. Exaggerating a little was never a bad thing: saying a thing could cause it to be so. She'd seen this in action, and believed it to be true. Mido had emptied out the first bottle already, and motioned another one at her as if hoping she would open it. She reached for the cork-puller absentmindedly: what harm would another one do? She was leaning back against the sideboard now, noticing with amusement how he was slowly circling the table towards her, but pretended not to notice, turning her attention to pouring wine slowly and delicately into her tankard. "Where you from originally, Mido? How'd it compare to here?" she wondered then.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count ::528 Points::5 OOC::

Caprica answered his question in her own unique way about why it was that nobody seemed to attack them. She said they were bad-asses, he wondered about her statement. She went on to list several individuals including herself and Mido, eventually being all inclusive in that they were scary and nobody wanted them as enemies. He pondered over this for a moment; she was right about Alaki at least. The Dasa had never dealt with the Rakeeb personally, but he heard tales and terrifying stories about the man. The mix thought of a few others he had been in company with, Axelle was a talented warrior herself, Aeron was just a little bit crazy, Venom was a strong guy too. Their strength just grew exponentially inside his head the more he thought about it.

The female crafter took the bottle that he pushed toward her and opened it with the cork opener she grabbed. She poured herself a tankard, making the male feel slightly better as if he wouldn’t be doing the majority of drinking between the two of them; he hated to feel singled out. Mido leaned against the table looking at the midnight dark woman. She asked where the half and half had come from, and then asked how it compared to Anathema. He blinked softly, thinking about her question. Where did I come from? He repeated it reaffirming her question. He wiggled where he stood reminding himself of his bearings, not removing his gaze from hers he took his hand pointed behind his head, which was at the wall, but he was going to explain about where he was from. You ever heard of a place called America? Humans also called it the United States, the edge of that country isn’t too far from here. Thinking about his trip here made him laugh at how long it actually was, but he wasn’t going to waste time trying to put it into perspective. I lived primarily in America, never leaving the country till I moved here. With in that country my family had me bouncing around so many states that I rather not count them. He stopped speaking for second, the Huskadore felt like he was going to talk the poor girl’s ear off. He thought about how any place in America compared to Anathema, there wasn’t much to think about, there was no comparison between the two places. Coming to Anathema was like dying and going to heaven for Mido. Honestly? There is no comparison, America doesn’t even hold a candle light to Anathema. He looked at her with gentle eyes, his mind filled with memories of his past. It’s not even so much the place that matters to me, but the individuals that make it up are what’s important. There’s Naniko, Panda, Aeron, Axelle, they’re all like family. I thought it was a little weird how a group of complete strangers were able to accept me and treat me better than I ever have by anyone before… He paused taking a sip of wine from the tankard, he let the liquid easily slide down his throat before he finshed. …And then there’s you Caprica.

Table by the Mentors!
my avatar is NATalicious

<style>

[/html]
[html]
OOC: Words: 438

Caprica herself had not had much experience with the Anatheman warriors, certainly not enough to give her cause for making her brash statements. It was merely the aura they exuded - Alaki with his katana, so solemn even at the halloween feast. Naniko, her mother - and who didn't think their momma was the most terrifying person in the world? And, of course, the loveliest. That Viking had had a pretty big axe, but he seemed to be gone now. Panda could do magic - probably curses, too, if necessary. Rio, Caprica's sister, had survived almost being eaten by the Salsolans, according to her own account. Yes, they did have a fearsome arsenal of characters within their ranks, she was certain. She was even certain she herself could be terrifying, given the opportunity. She had her massive size, didn't she? And she was quite ready to hit a few blows on her family's - blood and otherwise - behalf.

It sounded like he'd spend a nomadic life so far, travelling the States. Caprica had never yet left Nova Scotia, but she'd read a little about the southern parts of the continent. His claim that America was nothing to Anathema seemed a little disproportionate, but fair enough. She supposed their relatively miniscule packland was simply awesome enough to hold sway over the worth of an entire country. Besides, all those old notions of land and state were only useful when looking at human maps. These days, places were given names by those who inhabited them, and the names and borders would shift easily when the persons within moved on. She wanted to think Anathema was permanent, but she knew that as a name and as a group it could never be. Nobody lived forever, but the mountain and the caves - those would be here a good while longer than she, and if she was lucky and faithful and the pack held onto its strength and prowess for a good while, perhaps it would still be a haven in years to come, for their children and grandchildren to dwell within without fear of the outside world.

Yes, he was right, it was the individuals that mattered, and that was why in the map of Caprica's heart Anathema might just as well have been the whole world. He finished off his sentence by bringing it around to her name, and she perked up her ears in exaggerated curiosity. "Oh yeah? And how am I different?" she questioned, knowing it a fairly difficult retort to answer, but enjoying the suspense of putting him on the spot.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count ::457 Points::3 OOC::

After the male was finished with the unnecessary speech he had made he remembered to breathe, finally catching his breath. The daughter of Naniko questioned Mido about what he said concerning her, asking how she was different. It was a good question, and not an easy one to answer either. He thought to himself about anything and everything that made her different. You’re really going to make me work for this huh? The fact that he felt drawn to her was one reason. He couldn’t recall ever being really interested in girl before now. Any woman could pass by him and he generally could care less, not giving them a single thought. But not the D’Angelo who stood in front of him; had she walked by, he would have to stop and stare. Was it something about her personality and the she acted that he liked? She seemed smart, and she came off as kind and caring individual. She was talented, capable of making a decent liquor and probably tons of other awesome things he had no clue about.

The female crafter was nothing short of beautiful. The male would be happy just staring into her jade green eyes for hours on end. The fur that made up her coat was a shade of black that made him think of the midnight sky. It was hard to understand himself, probably making the whole thing even harder to explain. The half and half knew almost nothing about her, but he felt at place being near her. Thinking about it, he felt aware, alive, content, and dare he say really good being in her company, no thanks to the alcohol, he only had two cups, he wasn’t anywhere near buzzed. Mido stopped thinking for second, some kind of slow realization occurred. Did he like her, more than just out of interest and company?! He just met this girl! You like her. So what the hell are you waiting for, some kind of invitation? Tell her already. The voice inside his head that he rarely had to deal with decided to put its two cents in. Maybe that was what made her different; she wasn’t just any other ordinary woman. Coming back to the here and now from his mind, he returned his gaze to hers. You asked how you were different. There’s just something about you that I can’t quite put my finger on, that just grabs me and I can’t deny. I don’t think there is any other way to put it, I like you Caprica. He said it, the full realization had settled into him. His heart pounded away at the wall inside his chest. He just didn’t know what she would do in response to this.

Table by the Mentors!
my avatar is NATalicious

<style>

[/html]
[html]
OOC: Words: 833

Yeah, she sure had put him on the spot. She knew she shouldn't, but she kind of enjoyed watching him squirm. Trying not to do so too obviously, she pottered around the kitchen, replacing jars on shelves she had added to her stack on the table. His first comment made her flash him a mildly apologetic but mostly mischievious grin from over her shoulder, but she added nothing encouraging. It seemed he wasn't the type to let fly with the first off-the-cuff smart remark that hit him: he was much more of a considerate person, taking his time to gather his thoughts. Seemed a sensible approach considering what came out of people's mouths sometimes. Caprica herself was one generally ready with some back-chat or other, but she often lived to regret it. What she was angling for from Mido was a sense of his first impressions, and she was beginning to get the feeling it wasn't going to be good. Why else would he think it over so hard, than that he wished to find the words to describe her in as polite a way as possible? He could just have said she was as good as the rest, and that would have done it. Now, no matter what he said, she just bet she wasn't going to match up to her mom and the other warriors in his estimation. What did she do around here anyway, other than stock the kitchen and make useless luxury items? She knew her own worth - but only to herself. In the eyes of a pragmatic soldier, perhaps she was just a silly, frivolous kitchen girl. Caprica knew that it was ridiculous to end up getting so paranoid about the opinions of others, but whenever she thought about it, she generally came round to some doom-and-gloom conclusion or other. Recently she had become less anxious, due to making some different friends who seemed to appreciate her, but whenever she came home she started to worry once more as she sat alone by her little wood stove. Aside from family, her days here were fairly empty. That, perhaps was the main reason she was glad of the new horse's company. She turned back to the table, leaning forwards a little dejectedly and gazing into one of the wine bottles, watching bubbles rising and bursting. Her gaze switched back to Mido as he spoke now, one ear lifting towards him, the other remaining firmly at half-mast, as if still expecting the bad news of the gentle let-down he had been composing during his pause. At first it did sound like he was just saying something without meaning anything, trying not to hurt her feelings. Something about her he couldn't put his finger on - but was it in a good or bad way? As his halting speech continued, she felt her eyes widening by the smallest of breadths. For a second, his blue eyes framed by those spectacular markings and the golden hair filled her entire vision. He'd confessed something she had not expected at all, and it was a huge relief that he hadn't been holding back for politeness' sake, but because there was something nice he wanted to say. She beamed at him, shrugging off for now the fact that her only positive trait that had led him to his conclusion was an unspecific something. "Aw, now I really feel special!" she exclaimed. "Wait... does that mean you don't like any of the others?" But then it hit her, perhaps he meant something more by his words. One hand flew to her gris-gris, remembering the runes, and she felt a stab of dismay. If so, she hoped it was just the alcohol talking, but was that really likely after so little of pretty much pure fruit juice? Quite the first impression she must have made. She appreciated him greatly but no more than as a fellow Anatheman and a polite and friendly, easy-going sort of person. They hardly knew each other, though, and no sparks had jumped from his eyes to hers. Caprica knew that this was the kind of wolf she should be looking to socialise with and get to know better. A strong and faithful Anatheman with a calling and a steady-seeming personality, but only time could tell whether his impression on her could grow to be as impressive as hers seemed to have been. "I owe you more booze, compliments like that don't come cheap these days," she finished, pushing the second bottle at him, having already taken her own refill. She thought she would keep the last three back for now; perhaps the dosage of inebriation they could bestow was not really necessary any more: she could make this last half-bottle last, and try not to let the conversation get too deeply involved in the meantime.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count ::519 Points::5 OOC::

There it was, in the form of a not so great conjured statement. What was on his mind would have eaten slowly eaten him from the inside out had he left it unmanaged and bottled up inside. It felt like a huge relief to just say it, like taking a hundred pounds off his already pretty well weighted body. Putting it out there like he did he imagined the worse in return from her, scaring her off, and having her not at least wishing to be his friend would be his worst nightmare come true. He carefully watched her, his icy blues never leaving her for any second. To the male she looked hesitant about his words, they seemed to cause her stop and think. Apparently his words made her feel special, but in turn she asked if that meant that he didn’t like any of the others. That hadn’t been the case, if that was how he made it sound. Not liking the others wasn’t the issue, he liked them, but this like that he felt toward the other packmates was more of a common appreciation or respect of sorts. The like that he felt for Caprica was more than mutual respect or common courtesy. With the others he didn’t feel the need or want to go out of his way to get to know them or be around them. Concerning the female crafter, he was genuinely interested in her. The male wanted to get to know her, she seemed unique and it made him wonder about her.

The half and half began to think he may have come off too strong too fast. The D’Angelo said she owed the Dasa more alcohol, and that those sorts of compliments didn’t come cheap. She slid the bottle toward him, he caught it by the neck of the color tinted glass. He shrugged taking the wine he poured another mug full; he’d had two why not three? The alcohol hadn’t affected him in the slightest yet, unfortunate, it’d be easy to blame what he said on the liquor, too late now. In his head he thought too himself that there shouldn’t be a price for a kind of compliment. Mido felt stupid and rash by just saying what was on his mind and not filtering it out. Caprica I’m sorry. I’m young, stupid and ignorant. You’re attractive and you seem nice, talented, and unique, I’m just very interested in you. I just said what was on my mind and I probably shouldn’t have. He was by far not the wisest of mutts. Just please tell me I didn’t chase you off at least. It might have already been too late. He was trying to move too fast, and not taking the proper steps required in any form relationship. Everybody needed time and chance to actually get to know somebody, he needed to slow down and be realistic. He pushed the bottle away from him, out of his reach so he would get any more. He may drink what was in his hand but he wasn’t going to chance getting intoxicated.

Table by the Mentors!
my avatar is NATalicious

<style>

[/html]
[html]
OOC: Words: 1045

She had simply been a little slow to understand what he meant by his use of the word 'like', which was a difficult word, sometimes meaning a lesser preference or face-saving way to cover up a real dislike. Sometimes it just meant what it said, a middle of the road appreciation. And sometimes, when it came alone, and unexpectedly, it meant more. She had misread it this time. She gazed soulfully into that golden face, as she saw him begin to regret his words. Her sharp brows knitted uncomprehendingly as he began his heartfelt apology. This was worse than the throwaway comment, which she'd rather liked herself. She liked him too, but it wasn't of the sort where she felt an urge to tell him, to get it off her chest in the same way he had. She liked him as a potential friend and a loyal member of the Anathema family: as a polite youth with a pleasant face, but she did not love him upon first sight or feel a burning intrigue to know more. She felt a little regretful that she was so insistent upon always wearing her gris-gris - she was never without it - but even so, maybe she should have taken the runes out: they were constantly working uncalled-for charms, their power seemingly far greater than Caprica had ever imagined could be possible. Although from the minute she'd entered the mystical aura of Panda's room, she was sure she'd known something special was about to happen. The reality of it still hadn't quite sunk in: magic was real and it was all around, and she was capable of harnessing the otherworldly power of the spirit world, the ghosts, and the astral essences of living and inanimate objects. How 'bout that, Tak? So what if I'm cursed? I can make my own curses now. Still, she felt the need to give the runes time: they had worked some incredible results so far, yes: but still not the intended result. Until that moment, Caprica would wear her blood-stones, the carven pebbles with her own life liquid imbued into their polished surfaces. They were dangerous, yes, but if she went without them, the powers could be lessenned - or worse, stopped, or broken for good? And then when she really needed them, she would regret it again. The woman groaned inwardly. She could never get things right, it seemed - her timing was always off, her decisions always just too late or just out of line with what would have in hindsight been best for her. And this was even without taking into consideration her fickle emotions, so uncontrollable and never working in the way she wanted them to. She had half intended the runespell to conjure up some modicum of control over them, but it had not. She still found pleasant canines' company merely nice, and totally unavailable or unsuitable persons seemed to have some kind of power over her as they ever had. Thankfully, she didn't think she'd met any of those lately, so she was currently free from that crushing pressure in her heart, to her great relief. It was a shame, though, she could not conjure up something similar for the attractive Mido, but there it was: she was not the master of her blood, her heart or possibly even her head, depending on which view of behavioural psychology one chose to take.

He spoke, denoting himself in quite a negative manner, which made her want to slap his wrist and tell him not to be silly but he was too far away. "Stop it now Mido!" she protested. "I can tell already you ain't none of those things. Uhh... except young. Obviously." She winced, trying to recover her train of thought. "It's cool, my dear. I like you liking me." She gave him a big grin. "You're quite a dude yourself." Although really the only reason she'd said that - and it was obvious from the informal tone of it - was that she wanted to wipe the sorrowful shadow from his eyes. "Chase me off? I'm going nowhere. We have half a bottle left to finish." Her eyes glimmered in a conspiratorial manner. "Ain't even drunk a toast yet! Wanna drink to our Queen, like good subjects?" For some reason, the idea of toasting the Queen just seemed right, if in a very formal and strange tradition. She must have got it from some book somewhere. She expected he could think of something more suitable though, perhaps they could raise a glass to one another for instance, and swallow down their mouthfuls with a helping of pity for all young fools in love or wanting to be. At least she was relatively happy with her life at the moment, despite her frequent loneliness when gazing into the flames of her bedroom fire. She couldn't exactly take the horse down into that cave with her, and she had no idea how to keep any other kind of pet. But she wasn't longing quite so hard for a person to share her life with any more - she was aware they would come along when the time was right, and so she was happy to just wait for fate and the runes to work their tandem enchantment. Knowing that she would not wait forever gave her a feeling of peace, and made the meantime easier to bear. She still felt the lack of really close friends, though, and her eyes returned thoughtfully to Mido. Perhaps once he'd recovered from what seemed to be a small touch of embarrassment, he'd be willing to relax a little. They could spend no-pressure quality time together, she hoped, and even in time as things progressed, well, who knew. Anything was possible, Caprica reminded herself, thinking about where she was now and where she'd been, and how the old Caprica would never have believed her eyes if she'd seen this new one bantering so merrily with a new acquaintance in the deeps of caverns she was proud to call home.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count ::611 Points::5 OOC::

He tried to apologize for the way he just let the words fall out of his mouth like he did by ridiculing himself. He didn’t even think really, having not made the transition from his thoughts into the words that escaped his lips he just threw his raw thought at her, he now remembered why he liked to make adjustments to what he said before hand, but he forgot to do this with the female crafter. She abruptly demanded that he stop what he had been saying. Caprica’s tone actually caught him off guard, he looked at her, she seemed kind of tense, almost as if she would get physical with him had he been within her reach. She said that she could tell he was not anything he said he was minus the being young part. Young the mix certainly had been, he was only two. Definitely nowhere near as mature as he probably should be, and far from wise in any way shape or form. The D’Angelo told him that it was alright and that she liked him liking her. Looking at her grin he wondered if she was actually okay with it.

She questioned him on what he said about chasing her off, like it was impossible. Apparently she wasn’t going anywhere. When she said that he didn’t exactly think about the here and now, it was more of them. As long as she would be in Anathema and he could be friends with her that was all that really mattered to him. Though it was winter, and even inside the cave was kind of chilly, it was like a warm breeze came over him, comforting him and putting his mind at ease. There was still half the bottle left, he nearly forgot about the alcohol, not like it was important or anything. The nightly colored woman stated they didn’t drink a toast, and asked if they should drink to Naniko as if she were a queen, and they were the subjects. Mido was about to take a drink from the ceramic mug, when he burst out laughing. He laughed so hard briefly that his abs hurt. Naniko was their almighty leader and she might as well have been a queen. But the idea of them being subjects just killed him, he would make such a terrible subject honestly. Wait a minute though Caprica. If Naniko was the queen that would automatically make you the princess wouldn’t it? She could pull off the princess role pretty well, she was beautiful like one. The thought of that kind of system just made him snicker a little. Shame on you! You know royalty shouldn’t be in the presence of a commoner don’t you? He was being funny with the thought she instilled in him. With the tankard still near his face he tilted it in her direction, only able to see her out of his brown blue split colored eye. He was finally comfortable nearly having completely forgotten about everything that happened before she killed him like a well experienced comedian. He didn’t entirely forget, he didn’t think the way he felt about her would change. But at least he could shove it into a dark corner in the back of his mind for the time being, and actually enjoy her company without making him and her feel awkward and uncomfortable. The Dasa still leaned against the table’s edge; he wiggled his feet, moving closer to her. Well then, here’s a toast to friends, family, the unshakable will of Anathema and good times to come. Mido held out his tankard toward Caprica, just close enough for her to reach his.

Table by the Mentors!
my avatar is NATalicious

<style>

[/html]