Leave a horse to water
[html]
OOC: Words: 369

He leaned forward, possibly an unconscious motion, but subconsciously Caprica picked up on the move to bring them slightly closer as a good sign. Of some sort. She couldn't read too much into that kind of thing, though. Could she? There was the small matter of the pouch of runes she still - she always - wore, dangling near her sling, underneath a conservative amount of necklaces for the day (three). These were laden with a potent charm to attract people into her life, which she'd intended to mean romance with someone who was good for her. This hadn't exactly happened yet, but she had made a few good friends, been reunited with her father and given a horse. Sometimes it seemed any one of the new folks she'd met since the spell was cast could end up being the one she hoped for, but then they always seemed to drift away again. What if the right one had been lurking under her nose all this time in these very corridors? Well, that would just be typical.

It must be the alcohol fumes taking her mind off on tangents like this, she decided, and refocused properly on what Mido was saying. "Yes, yes it would indeed be silly," she agreed, glad they were on the same page. He even found being alone depressing, which was a sentiment Caprica found very familiar. "Tell me about it!" she sighed. "We must both be terribly boring if we can't stand our own company, though," she added, concern filling her jade eyes, hoping to wheedle a word of encouragement from the black-and-gold male. "But I guess that we should definitely hang out as we seem to have at least one thing in common." She meant being boring, but she was also being silly again, as she did not really believe either one of them was boring. At least prattling on nonsense like this was much more fun than sitting alone. "So anyhow, I'll be glad to re-think the tea thing. Ever tried apple wine?" she wondered, reading a label upon one of the green bottles.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread