Leave a horse to water
[html]
OOC: Words: 600

It was nice and rather funny how his thoughtfulness kept catching up with him. For a moment after she spoke he took her entirely seriously, raising the drink and everything, but then suddenly the words seemed to sink in properly and he was guffawing and she feared his head might fall off with the force of it. It was funny enough to imagine the pair of them bowing and scraping, let alone somebody like Viking or Alaki. Naniko was the ruler, but not all of her packmembers were exactly subservient types, although it was only natural to follow the advice of your leader regardless of your personality. She wondered what he had found so funny, and when he spoke her lack of self-esteem kicked in once more, telling her perhaps he was laughing at the idea of her being a princess. Well, if this was the case - and true enough, she would make an odd bearer of the term - she didn't care: and she thought it was probably about time she showed him how royally gracious she could be. "Well, we can't help what we're born," she joked, emerald eyes watching him with laughter in them, and a little apprehension, for his own rather more vigorous laughter was sure to start any moment, although she had enjoyed the sight and sound, the suspense of waiting for more of the unexpected peals was quite nerve-wracking. But no: it seemed it was his turn to play the joker, and turn her silliness back on herself. When he cried shame on her name, she let out her own giant snort of amusement in a manner terribly unladylike, let alone un-princess-like. But she could still be gracious. "Well, then, young Mido," although surely he was about her age, and she had been full-grown more than half her life, "I say you're wrong, for here in Anathema we are all related by blood... every last damn one of us is a prince or princess, therefore." She clicked her tongue triumphantly: this must mean that even in the land of comedy, it was still permissible for the pair to be hanging out like this. Funny for a dog - or wolf? - who had seemed so eager to pass some casual time in the kitchen with her to now be attempting to find reasons that she should leave him alone. Of course, she was certain he didn't mean it, maybe he was just lacking inner confidence too and needed her to prove that she didn't mind being here. Or was that her own sentiment, that he had artfully turned on herself? Caprica had no idea, and she was fed up of thinking about it, so decided to stop worrying and just enjoy the evening. Of course, she wouldn't be Caprica without a gentle dig in his direction first. "Ya thought you could chase me away with compliments, and now you're trying to turn my own blood against me to force me to go! But I ain't goin' nowhere til we have that toast!" She lifted her mug to his and cracked the rims together with force, tossing back her hair and nodding her approval of his wording, and then lifted the mug to her lips once more, commenting as she did so. "I'll drink to that." Her eyes found his over the brim of her mug, and noticed how blue and green were almost the same shade in the warm, dim Anathema firelight.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread