[M]- The Pyramids
WC: 258

IC: She could hear dancing and wanted to join with them. That was something her mother and her father’s various wives had taught her to do, dance. Her Saluki form was made for being graceful and she used that grace to her own advantage. Her red fur gleamed and yet it was blemished. Her spot, which she had always been self-conscious about, was according to her father a gift from the gods. She wasn’t sure why any god would want a white spot on her forehead but she wasn’t one to question the gods.

Fatin heard the pharaoh speak and could tell that he was powerful, at least in presence. But one had to if they were a god. He spoke to her in a strong yet soft voice, chiding her for looking at the floor. He then called her a desert rose and lifted her head up. She finally got a look at the pharaoh and found him rather handsome.

But she did explain herself. ”My pharaoh, my father taught me that a woman never looks a man in the eye.” Of course she tended to ignore that but she felt it was better to be safe than sorry. But he seemed to not want her to look at the ground so she kept her head up and proud. She wasn’t apologizing or making an excuse for her behavior but rather simply explaining it. ”If you wish it, I won’t do it anymore.” Her tone was just a bit sultry but still respectful of his place of power.

Messages In This Thread