[M]- The Pyramids
[html]

297← Word Count :: She’s being a bit naughty.

Her color might have been bold but then so was her personality. But it was a bit odd for her to be so quiet. At home, she was not as quiet. It might partly be because she was in a new place that she wasn’t sure of her position. Her mother’s stories of her homeland did nothing to prepare her for this nor did her father’s anger at her actions. She was his favorite which was probably why she wasn’t killed for sleeping with his guards.

The pharaoh talked about sacrificing her and she gave a wry smile. I don’t seem to recall any of the gods requiring sacrifices. His question about what she would like to be caused her to think. What would she like to be? She wasn’t all that sure. I must admit that I’m not entirely sure, sire. Perhaps if I knew more about life here I could make a better choice? She doubted that she was going to leave Egypt but she strangely found that she did not mind.

She smiled at how he treated his servants, like he actually cared for him. That was good. It meant that she would be well cared for no matter what her role in the Pharaoh’s palace was. The dancer followed him and she gave a polite but not cold smile. She wanted to be friendly but didn’t really know her all that well. Imhotep asked what her talents were that he could have use for and she gave him another sultry smile. Well, my mother and my father’s concubines taught me to dance. And I’m sure you can think of other uses for my dancing skill. Her voice was slightly husky at her last sentence and she watched to see how he would react

<style>
.ayasha-text1 {font-family:'time', serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; border-bottom:1px solid #000000;}
.ayasha-text1 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.ayasha-text1 .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.ayasha-text1 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.ayasha-text1 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.ayasha-text1 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:'trebuchet ms', sans serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:0px;}
.ayasha-text1 b:before { content: open-quote; }
.ayasha-text1 b:after { content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread